The AIDSinfo HIV/AIDS Guidelines app provides mobile access to the federally approved HIV/AIDS medical practice guidelines. These clinical guidelines offer recommendations approved by expert panels for the treatment of adult, adolescent, pediatric, and perinatal HIV infection, as well as recommendations for the treatment of HIV-related opportunistic infections in adults, adolescents, and children. This app is provided free from the National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health.
• Access to 6 federal guidelines on the treatment of HIV/AIDS and related opportunistic infections
• Option to view tables or recommendations only
• Alert notifications for updated content or new guideline releases
• Bookmark feature that allows user to mark a frequently visited sections
• Custom notes feature allows users to save a comment about any section of the guideline
• Share features allows healthcare professionals to share guidelines and notes via a variety of social media, email, and text.
• Search feature that allows user to quickly find relevant information within a specific guideline
• Spell suggest feature (for searching) available when users are connected to wireless or using cellular data
When connected to wireless or using cellular data, the app automatically refreshes content, so you can always be sure you’re getting the most up-to-date information. Need to access the guidelines when no wireless internet access is available? No problem! You can view and search the guidelines offline, and the app will check for and download any updates when you’re online and connected again.
AIDSinfo, a service of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), offers health care providers and consumers access to the latest, federally approved HIV/AIDS medical practice guidelines, HIV treatment and prevention clinical trials, and other HIV-related research information. AIDSinfo is collectively sponsored by the Office of AIDS Research (OAR), the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), and the National Library of Medicine (NLM)—three entities within the National Institutes of Health (NIH); the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA); and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Updated to provide access to brief versions of the guidelines
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Crashes after initiation
Only if it would actually work
Now crashing please update with fix
Crashes after initiation, please fix.
- National Library of Medicine
- 27.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © U.S. National Library of Medicine
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.