AIM for iPad: Free SMS, Chat, Group Chat, Voice Messages
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AIM is redefining social networking – add a location to your status, post to your favorite social networks or chat directly with your Facebook or Google Talk friends. Check-in with foursquare. Post your status to Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and Lifestream with one tap. Now chatting with your Facebook or Google Talk friends is as easy as using AIM.
•Chat directly with your Facebook and Google Talk friends
•Built from the ground up for the Apple iPad and compatible with iOS 4.2.
•NEW! Select your own photo for your Buddy Icon or wallpaper or select a theme from our library.
•Log in with your Facebook username.
•Chat directly with your Facebook friends.
•Start typing your friend's name in the Buddy List search and AIM will instantly display the results.
•Add your location to your status message.
•Post your photos to your Lifestream (up to 40 at one time) or comment on your Buddy’s photo or status.
•Get updates from your favorite social networks in one easy to navigate Lifestream window.
•Send and receive messages over Wi-Fi, EDGE, or 3G networks*.
•Connect to anyone on the AIM network worldwide, whether they're on Facebook, AOL®, AIM, ICQ®, .Mac® or MobileMe.
•Configure multiple usernames and switch between identities any time.
•You can send IMs to anyone who has a cell phone that supports text messaging* - even from a WiFi-only iPad.
It's easy to get started. Just sign in using your existing AOL/AIM, Facebook, .Mac or MobileMe name, or register for a free screen name right from your device.
Any service can send messages. But with AIM, you're really connected.
AIM is also available for iPhone in both ad-free and standard versions. Just search for AIM in the iTunes App Store.
* iPad Wi-Fi + 3G supports EDGE and 3G; AOL does not charge a fee to send text messages using AIM. Text messages are treated the same as normal IM messages and are included as part of your device's data plan. SMS features are not available in all countries.
What's New in Version 1.5.3
* Fixes issues seen when sending very long messages
* Serious performance update for Buddy List load time
* Stability improvements
* Other minor bug fixes
Negative Five stars
- Brought back the unwanted Dp from a month ago.
- Brought back the unwanted screen name from a month ago.
- Brought back conversations from a month ago.
- Still does this really cute thing where it crashes every freaking two seconds.
- Half of my friends were deleted.
- Some of the people I detest who I have deleted came back.
- All of my current statuses of this month were deleted
- Old conversations were brought back, new ones disappeared into fragments of nothing, you idjits.
Honestly if it wasn't for the Lifestream I wouldn't waste my time with this app, fix it, you guys are suppose to be smart and provide the best service for your users yet you're lacking at that too and why is the keyboard not updated either? Everything looks the same, step it up it's 2K14 for crying out loud. I never recommend this app before and I still don't now.
Great, but can be improved.
I personally love being able to go back in time and see my old conversations. I love the app, and it works wonderfully for me. My only complaint is not being able to link multiple aim accounts to log in at once. If that were an option I would have given five stars.
There is also that annoying spam every now and then. Fake accounts asking to webcam, but it's easy enough to block the user and delete the message.
Overall it works like normal aim, but its a little buggy. Sometimes when I change nicknames it randomly changes them back. It randomly deletes parts of my conversation. You also can't save conversations, and with the addition of icloud storage I think a way should be found to do this because I really like that feature. Its slow to update when you first pull it up, it generally always shows what it looked like when you clicked out of it.