AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly. Plus, you can also chat with friends on Google and compose Tweets.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with Google friends and compose Tweets
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 7.3.2
Added some cool features to help you beat the summer heat!
· 3D Touch support - check! Long press on the app icon to show a list of shortcuts. Only available on iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
· Improvements to TouchID to make it snappier
· Fixed a host of other bugs
As always, please continue to request features and report issues by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excessive security, poor notification control
Overall the app is what you expect. A couple little annoyances:
1. I can't figure out how to turn off notifications for this app. You don't seem to be able to change the sound and vibrate options in iOS settings or in the app settings.
2. It requires a password or Touch ID every single time you open it, and you can't turn this off. If you turn off Touch ID, you have to manually enter your password. Those are the only options.
I'd give it 5 stars if I had more control over those things.
The rest are junk
This app works. I bought several IM apps over the years and stopped using them all due to major issues. I don't have any of those issues with this app. It does what it says. I haven't had any issues in the last several months of using it. Simple, clean, works!
Still using this app at work. No complaints from me!
I really like this as I can chat with friends while still pretty much in a phone call dead zone. I also wish that I can change font color and message alert sounds like with the desktop version.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 25, 2016
- Version: 7.3.2
- Size: 31.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2016 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.