AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly. Plus, you can also chat with friends on Google and compose Tweets.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with Google friends and compose Tweets
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 7.0.1
Thanks for all of the feedback and continue to report issues by contacting us at email@example.com.
This build includes:
- Improvements to Liking and Commenting.
- Allow sharing of an IM.
- Fix for offline messages getting cut off (thanks for reporting!).
- Additional crash fixes.
Pretty good app, few minor issues
I've been using AIM for over 10 years. I I had AOL back in the day, and even after they folded kept using their IM services. Very straight forward IM. Works real time just like text messaging. Just create a screenname and youre good to go. My main problem is the feature called "on the record" which you turn on or off depending if you want your conversations to be able to be saved by recipients. Only prob is if someone IM's you while you're unavailable, the message can disappear before you get a chance to read it! So my advice, leave your conversations ON the record! Only other thing i don't like has been gone for a long time from the PC version and i dont think it was ever available on mobile. The AIM chatrooms! I know theyre still accessible on PC if you look up the old links. But its a shame aol let these die out and get overrun by bots. Chat rooms are still relevant! Bring them back, AIM! Overall, great app! I recommend! :-D
This aim app is a huge improvement from the previous ones. My only issue with it is that sometimes the pictures sent will not show up on my phone (even when on wifi or refreshing the app), so I have to log into computer aim just to see the pictures! Also, it shows notifications or unread messages when I've read all the messages. Also, the auto refresh doesn't always work for me or is very delayed in the way it works. Anyways, still love the app and works very well compared to previous versions!
Great for what i use it for...
I don't use it all the time, I also don't have a ton of people on my aim. It does however have one thing going that Skype can't say it does, it doesn't destroy your battery. That app just goes through your battery like cake. So thanks for making an app that doesn't kill my phone and annoy me. I haven't seen any bugs, yet. So pretty great for what I do with it. Everything can always use improvement, nothing is perfect.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 01, 2015
- Version: 7.0.1
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2015 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.