AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly. Plus, you can also chat with friends on Google and compose Tweets.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with Google friends and compose Tweets
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 7.3.0
TouchID is now available on AIM!
We heard you ask for improved security on the app with TouchID support so we added it! Note that this is only available on devices that have TouchID recognition (sorry, older iPhones; we’re good but not THAT good).
As always, please continue to request features and report issues by contacting us at email@example.com.
Poor quality software
Are you guys hiring? Your dev team clearly needs some help. I can't imagine Apple would approve an app this shoddy from an Indy dev, it's baffling to me that a company such as yours has such poor quality software. As a developer, I'd be nervous about demoing this, let alone shipping it. You probably ought to just start over because I don't even know where to begin. Start by having a look at Apples human interface guidelines. Step one. Get yourself trained on how apps work and how humans interface with them. It's like you're designing for a mouse and keyboard still. Once you understand the basics of mobile, try adding more features. Until then just stop. None of them work. I enabled Touch ID. It doesn't work. I'm not even sure how you have that bug. It's all stock SDK if you're doing it right. And if you turn it off it turns on again. I've said no to reviewing the app a million times, it doesn't actually work when you say don't ask me again. It's an F, it shows a lack of basic comprehension of iOS development.
Does it for me with my iPhone 6
Surprisingly, I use this to contact people living around the world. Since they use hangouts as well, aim allows me to use voice notes where hangouts doesn't. So the people would wonder how I was able to do so. Merging the two did wonders for me. I like this app. A lot of these new apps are just that, new. I like things original. If it works and it's been there still changing, then I like sticking with it. The only thing the app doesn't support is making call.... For now!!
It'd be a five if things worked properly.
I use AIM because it seems to be the go-to messenger for online role players, such as myself. I use it to keep in touch with online friends and plot stories, etc. There was one girl that I ended up having to block because she wouldn't leave me alone, yet somehow I was STILL able to get messages from her. So I made a new account, and she somehow STILL sent me a message on the new account, despite not having the screen name. When I asked how she got the new name, she said she messaged my old account and somehow the messages went through to my new one. What kind of hair brained design is that???
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 05, 2016
- Version: 7.3.0
- Size: 19.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2016 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.