AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly. Plus, you can also chat with friends on Google and compose Tweets.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with Google friends and compose Tweets
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 7.1.3
No fancy changes with this version but we’ve made a ton of under the hood improvements to make the app smoother and faster on iOS9.
Also, thank you for all the feedback! Please continue to report issues by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's a beautiful app and it's how I keep in touch with my friends. However, yesterday it started to glitch for my friend and my myself. Despite restarting my phone and having reinstated the app I can no longer access aim on my phone without the app restarting as soon as I open it and it's getting really annoying. It is also similar for the computer application where it won't let me in so I've been using aim on the computer browser. I write this review in hopes that they can fix the bug as quickly as possible.
Updates Still Screwy
I firmly updated from try previous version of AIM to this one and the Updates area is even more messed up than before.
The old one stopped showing Facebook Messages, but Twitter ones were always working, the new AIM randomly shows updates and Twitter doesn't show at all even though I've tried logging in and out of them multiple times, it only loads a few very old Twitter messages under notifications, and FB updates over a week old.
It didn't work right with the the old AIM and the new one is still messed up the same way, so a new Paint Job, Even worse engine.
Running on iPad Air 1
Unable to Send Messages
I've loved this app and it's worked just fine until the last 24 hours when I started having problems. I have an iPod 5, iOS8 and in the last 24 hours I've experienced issues with not being able to send messages. My internet connection is fine but for some reason I'm unable to send messages. Anyone have any suggestions? I love the app overall, just this problem is annoying.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 17, 2015
- Version: 7.1.3
- Size: 17.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2015 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.