AIM: Chat, Free Text, Photo Share, Voice Message
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve reinvented the AIM app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is simpler to use and designed for the latest iPhone and iPad.
AIM is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where they are. Start or join a group chat, send voice messages, share images and your location, and continue conversations between devices seamlessly. Plus, you can also chat with friends on Google and compose Tweets.
• Say goodbye to paying for text messages with the AIM app. Send and receive messages to any mobile number for FREE*
• Ad free
• Start a conversation on one device and pick it back up on another without missing a message
• Chat with Google friends and compose Tweets
• Chat with a friend or a group of friends with the "New Chat" button
• Customize your groups with features like add/remove members, edit group icon and mute
• Favorite your friends and group chats for instant access
• Share photos, voice messages and your location without leaving the conversation
• Copy and paste messages with ease
• Tap on location previews in your conversation to get directions
• Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
• See your social notifications for activity on your AIM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
• Turn on ‘Do Not Disturb’ to turn off sounds and push notifications
• Set 'Quiet Hours' to mute sounds and push notifications for when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Change your incoming message sound in sound settings
*Message and Data Rates may apply to recipient.
What's New in Version 7.1.1
Thank you for all the feedback! Please continue to report issues by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Fixed the issue with notification sounds
- Other improvements
Effective app, sends messages most of the time. Bad things: Sometimes does not send messages for no earthly reason (will be in strong WiFi and say "message not delivered"), sounds only work when app is already active, and are nonexistent if phone is locked (which is useless because the reason for sound alerts is to know when a message is received without having to be looking at the screen when it's sent.) Good things: Easy to use, very simple, intuitive. Aside from above, works just as it should. Not horrible to look at.
The app functions well, but the only minor problem is the notifications system. Although, I've set the sound, badges, and banners for AIM notifications only the badges show when I get messages. The sound and banners work at odd hours, and then it stops working. My contacts who use AIM also have this problem too.
Great but ads don't work
The app works great and is very convenient to have on my phone AND iPad, but the occasional tries to pop up and only shows up as a white screen you can't click on or escape out of. Typically I have to close the app all together and start it over to make the box go away. Other than that, though, no complaints from me.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 12, 2015
- Version: 7.1.1
- Size: 17.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2015 AOL Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.