By i-NOVATiON GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sharing, backing up and exchanging contacts can't be easier. Wireless access to your iPhone contacts from your Mac, PC or another iPhone.
Some of the latest user reviews:
"Top app. Definately recomend it and it's worth every penny. Always wanted to make a hard copy of my contacts and now you can with this app" from UK
"An ingenious app: straightforward and very easy to use. Worth every single penny! Dev guys keep up the good work." from UK
The newest version of Air Contacts now supports direct connections between iPhones running Air Contacts (over WiFi):
- Access shared contacts of another iPhone running Air Contacts
- Download and import contacts from another iPhones to your addressbook (single contacts or all contacts)
- Upload your own contacts to other devices (single contacts or all contacts)
When accessing Air Contacts with a webbrowser on your Mac or PC (over WiFi):
- Access and view all shared contacts
- Save single contacts to your Mac or PC
- Save all contacts from your iPhone to your computer with only one click
- Backup your iPhone addressbook to your computer
- Send contacts as vCard attached to a mail
- Send contacts as plain text withing a mail
When you receive a contact from another iPhone, this contact will be saved in your Inbox. Within your Inbox it is your decision what you want to do with that contact: import it to your addressbook or just delete it.
How it works:
Access contacts from your computer:
Air Contacts will act as a webserver in your local WiFi network. Just take the displayed address from Air Contacts and enter it in your internet browser. Now you can view and download all of your contacts over a website. Also great for sharing your contacts with friends or co-workers. Of course your PC or Mac has to be part of the same local network as your iPhone.
Exchange of contacts between devices:
As soon as there are two devices running Air Contacts in the same local network, you can exchange contacts directly between these devices. Just tap the "Multiple devices" symbol in the bottom toolbar of the screen and you will get a list of all devices, which are available for contact exchange. Choose the desired device and start down- and uploading contacts. Couldn't be easier.
- Bonjour Networking
Makes connecting to your iPhone or iPod touch as easy as it can be. (Safari for Mac and Win will display your iPhone in it's bonjour bookmarks section).
- AutoRun setting
Decide if the contact server starts automatically when Air Contacts launches.
- Password Protection
Protect your contacts from unwanted views.
- Contact Selection
Share all of your contacts or only a selection.
- Property setting
Here you can choose which properties of your contacts are shared.
- A WiFi connection is needed for browser access and exchange of contacts between devices
- All involved iPhones, iPods and computers have to be part of the same local network (contact sharing or access over the internet is not supported so far)
Found a bug?
We try to fix every bug as fast as we can. Please don't hesitate to send a mail with a description of the problem to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.8.5
Just got it, works good
I just searched for a way to pass Exchange-based contacts from an old iPhone 3G to an iPhone 4s and came up with this app. Works as advertised.
There are 2 things that kept me from giving it a 5 star rating:
1. There was no way to select Exchange or Contacts to upload from one iPhone to another. I did not try the download method.
2. I did not see this stated anywhere, but if both handsets are named the same you get an error that says the handsets may have different software levels. I went into iTunes on my Mac and renamed each with a unique identifier and then was able to do what I wanted.
The best app I have ever used
I usually don't post comments but I am so thankful and pleased with this app I had to. Needed to get exchange contacts backed up on local computer without having access to exchange account or password any longer. The app simply broadcasts your contacts on your wifi network and let's you download them seamlessly in any way you need to with security features available that you can set up. This an amazing app and total lifesaver. If I could give 10 stars I would.
When I move to iCloud from MobileMe this weekend, one of the casualties was that my contact address list on my second generation iPod Touch mysteriously was wiped away when I synced it, and no matter what I tried, I could get iTunes to push it from my MacBookPro back to the Touch, even specifically checking that it should. I did an internet search and came up empty handed, but I did find this app. Installing it still did not work. Howver, I was able to transfer the data from my iPad2 to my Touch, so I'm happy, but a bit disappointed with the program.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 06, 2011
- Version: 1.8.5
- Size: 1.6 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: i-NOVATiON GmbH
- © 2010 i-NOVATiON GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.