Air Display 2
By Avatron Software, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: The newest version of this app is Air Display 3. But that only connects to a Mac. This is the one to get if you have Windows. It's also the latest if you have a Mac on OS X 10.7 (Lion) or an iOS device on iOS 6.
(1) The Air Display Host is not yet compatible with Windows 10. Stay tuned.
(2) The Air Display Host drivers are not compatible with PCs that have “dual-graphics switching.” To determine if you have that feature, open Windows Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters section. If you see both Intel and either Nvidia or AMD graphics adapters, you probably have dual-graphics switching.
With that out of the way, let us tell you about Air Display 2…
Use Air Display 2 to turn your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a wireless display for your PC. Increase your productivity with extra screen real estate or mirror your PC computer display to your iOS device.
“You have a bunch of different options to turn your iPad into a second display, but we prefer Air Display as the easiest option.” — Lifehacker
With Air Display, you can wirelessly extend your computer desktop to gain more space or you can mirror your computer's screen to your iOS device and control your computer with intuitive iOS touch gestures and/or Air Display's elegant built in keyboard. Got a Bluetooth keyboard? you can use that too!
Air Display consists of an iOS app and a separate free app that you install on your computer. Both your PC and iOS client (iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch) must be on the same Wi-Fi network to use Air Display.
Again, only with fewer words:
• Wirelessly extend or mirror your computer screen to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Control your computer wirelessly via touch gestures from your iOS device
• Type using Air Display's built-in keyboard or any Bluetooth keyboard
• Fully compatible with Retina-resolution screens
• Both computer and iOS device must be on the same Wi-Fi network
• iOS device: iOS 6 and above
• Mac OS X host: 10.7 and above
• Windows host: 7 or 8 (32 or 64-bit)
---- Windows 7 Starter Edition, Home Basic, and Vista are not supported
---- Windows 10 is NOT supported yet. Stay tuned.
---- IMPORTANT: The Air Display Host drivers are not compatible with PCs that have “dual-graphics switching.” To determine if you have that feature, open Windows Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters section. If you see both Intel and either Nvidia or AMD graphics adapters, you probably have dual-graphics switching.
— App of the Week, Accounting Today, May 29, 2013
— 50 Must-Have iPad Apps, TIME, April 12, 2013
— 100 Best iPad Apps, PCMag.com, November 15, 2012
— 7 Must-Have Productivity Apps for iPad, ZDNet, April 9, 2012
Thank you for reading. We'd love to hear how you use Air Display to get things done.
What's New in Version 2.0.7
Fixed a nasty crash bug on iOS 9.x.
Please note that Air Display 3 doesn't connect to Windows, so if you're on Windows, Air Display 2 is what you want.
Thank you for your support! Want to stay up to date? Follow @avatron on Twitter, or sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the avatron.com home page.
Difficult install process and not on Windows 10
Roundabout 3 layer install process only to find that it does not work on Windows 10. First you download what you think is the app. Nope, you run that and it brings you back to their web site where it effectively asks you to register. Then you get an e-mail that will bring to an actual install page so that you can actually download the program. It actually leaves you with two directories in the start menu, one of which is useless. Still have not seen any indication that it won't run on Windows 10. Finally it and you see that the boxes are too small for text and it won't connect to the iPad, that where you see the issue identified under support.
Ipad pro and windows ten
This app will not work with windows ten. It forces you to download programs on your laptop, which will cost you. Once downloaded there is little instructional information to make it work. Its simply one of the worst apps on the the app store.
BUYER BEWARE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY LIKE I DID..
As the only version of the software compatible with windows you would think it would be compatible with windows 10 but no.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 12, 2016
- Version: 2.0.7
- Size: 24.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Avatron Software, Inc.
- © 2010–2016 Avatron Software, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.