Air Display 2
By Avatron Software, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The newest version of this app is Air Display 3. We are leaving this version in the App Store for backward compatibility. Buy Air Display 2 only if any of these conditions apply:
• You want to connect to Windows, or
• Your Mac is running Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), or
• Your iOS device is running iOS 6
Otherwise, please look for Air Display 3.
IMPORTANT: The Air Display Host drivers are not compatible with PCs that have “dual-graphics switching.” To determine if you have that feature, open Windows Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters section. If you see both Intel and either Nvidia or AMD graphics adapters, you probably have dual-graphics switching.
With that out of the way, let us tell you about Air Display 2…
Use Air Display 2 to turn your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a wireless display for your computer. Increase your productivity with extra screen real estate or mirror your Mac or Windows computer display to your iOS device.
For Mac users, Air Display now connects up to 4 iPads simultaneously to create unique presentations.
“You have a bunch of different options to turn your iPad into a second display, but we prefer Air Display as the easiest option.” — Lifehacker
With Air Display, you can wirelessly extend your computer desktop to gain more space or you can mirror your computer's screen to your iOS device and control your computer with intuitive iOS touch gestures and/or Air Display's elegant built in keyboard. Got a Bluetooth keyboard? you can use that too!
And with Air Display 2, you can even wirelessly mirror your screen to up to four iPads simultaneously to create unique training sessions or presentations.
Air Display consists of an iOS app and a separate free app that you install on your computer. Both your computer (Mac or Windows) and iOS client (iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch) must be on the same Wi-Fi network to use Air Display.
Again, only with fewer words:
• Wirelessly extend or mirror your computer screen to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Control your computer wirelessly via touch gestures from your iOS device
• Type using Air Display's built-in keyboard or any Bluetooth keyboard
• Use up to 4 extra screens at the same time (Mac only)
• Fully compatible with Retina-resolution screens
• Both computer and iOS device must be on the same Wi-Fi network
• iOS device: iOS 6 and above
• Mac OS X host: 10.7 and above
• Windows host: 7 or 8 (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 Starter Edition, Home Basic, and Vista are not supported; IMPORTANT: The Air Display Host drivers are not compatible with PCs that have “dual-graphics switching.” To determine if you have that feature, open Windows Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters section. If you see both Intel and either Nvidia or AMD graphics adapters, you probably have dual-graphics switching.
• Connection to multiple devices is Mac only
— App of the Week, Accounting Today, May 29, 2013
— 50 Must-Have iPad Apps, TIME, April 12, 2013
— 100 Best iPad Apps, PCMag.com, November 15, 2012
— 7 Must-Have Productivity Apps for iPad, ZDNet, April 9, 2012
Thank you for reading. We'd love to hear how you use Air Display to get things done.
What's New in Version 2.0.6
- Bug fixes
Thank you for your support!
UPDATED Latest Update (didn't break) the App
Review below was premature. Seems that the problem may have been wireless network interference that had nothing to do with app. Later in day app worked as it should. Great app guys - I use it all the time!
Very slow performance and screen flickering after 3/24 update. I basically cannot use AirDisplay now because I end up with mouse trails and all sorts of artifacts. I tried all kinds of troubleshooting, including running system restore on my Windows computer to roll the OS back prior to a Windows update that was also installed this morning, but nothing fixed the AD problem. I then checked to see if AD was updated and sure enough - it was. Worked perfectly yesterday, but today it's crap.
Avatron: if this is some gimmick to convince users that they need an upgrade to AD 3, please consider those of us who have Windows machines and cannot yet use AD 3 because it is not Windows compatible. If the performance of AD3 is better I will get it on my own, when you have a Windows-compatible driver. There is no need to throttle down the performance of the only version I can currently use. Please fix.
Recently purchased this program to be able to use my iPad as an additional screen on my desk. I love how uncluttered my desk is now! The only thing I need is my laptop and iPad, no wires needed. The interaction has a bit of a lag, but I mainly use it to extend my screen space so this doesn’t bother me too much. I like the fact that I can use my I pad to mirror my laptop and as long as I am on the same network I can have access to everything on my laptop. I would give it a 5 for my purposes, but it could be easier to connect and the lag would be bothersome for some people. Great app though to add a screen without any clutter.
I have a MacBook Pro, iPad 2, iPad mini 3 and iPhone and it works amazing. It does have a small lag and would not recommend watching movies on the external screen. When you download the software for your computer it says that it only works for Apple products. (At least that's what I saw) so I think the other reviews do this app justice because it's made for Apple products. This is worth the money and I love mine so far!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 24, 2015
- Version: 2.0.6
- Size: 39.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: Avatron Software, Inc.
- © 2015 Avatron Software, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.