By Avatron Software, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Air Display for Mac lets you use a spare Mac’s screen as an extra display for your main computer. Launch this app on your spare Mac, then wirelessly connect to it from the free host app you’ll install on your main Mac or PC to instantly expand its screen real estate.
— FEATURES —
• Drag windows, apps, or control palettes from your main screen to give yourself more room to work
• Use up to 4 devices simultaneously to extend or mirror your computer
• Choose to run full screen or in a window
• Either extend your screen to get more room to work or mirror to share your screen with an audience
• Connect via Wi-Fi or over Ethernet
• Extremely responsive performance
• Mouse responsiveness indistinguishable from using a wired mouse
— INSTALLATION —
You’ll need the free Air Display host app (from getairdisplay.com) installed on your main computer, and this Air Display client app running on the Mac you want to use as an extra screen.
• Purchase this app on the Mac you want to use as your second display
• On your main computer, go to getairdisplay.com and install the free host app
• Launch Air Display on your "second display" Mac and it will help you finish the setup
If you want to use your iPad or other mobile device as your second screen, you do not need to purchase this app. Air Display for iOS is available in the iTunes App Store (and you’ll still need the same free host software from getairdisplay.com on your main computer).
— COMPATIBILITY —
• Both computers must be on the same Wi-Fi network, either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
• Mac client app: iOS 6 and above
• Mac OS X host: 10.7 and above
• Windows host: 7 or 8 (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 Starter Edition and Windows Vista are not supported; laptops with Nvidia's Optimus dual-graphics switching are only compatible when you disable the Optimus feature
• Connection to multiple Air Display clients is Mac only, but we're working on Windows even now
What's New in Version 2.0
• Add up to 4 displays simultaneously (with the Mac host only for now; Windows support is coming soon. Must be running Air Display 2 host software and Air Display 2 on the extra screens)
• Optimized performance and better energy usage
• Additional display resolution support
If you like Air Display for Mac, please leave a review for each update. Your comments help us prioritize future features and enhancements.
peferct and easy for the 3rd monitor operation on OSX
Choose this application to use as a 3rd monitor (usually display finder) on OSX.
After comparison of people’s reviews and ratings of similar applications, Airport display got decent compatibility and preserve oroginal resolusion of primary and secondary monitors as well as reversibility.
a little bit of Dollor is needed, but works perfectly. It is so nice.
In the past this app has worked great for me. The new version on a new machine is completely broken
I used AirDisplay occasionally for a few years. It was great, when working in a cafe, o have a separate (slow) display for IM, so that I could concentrate on my work in my main screen.
I just installed on a new 15” retina MBP running 10.9.2, and 1. I had to pay again, even though I had bought this app a couple years ago, and 2. it is completley non-functional.
The new monitor shows up in the “arrangement” area of the displays control panel, but I can’t mouse over to it. And it renders my main display so non-functional that I need to kill the app on the iPad and reboot the laptop to get things functional again.
Very, very disappointed.
Waste of Money
This is a $20 app that does not do what is advertised. Basically it does display an extended window on the device that the app is installed on. ( In my case a 2014 macbook pro) however the mouse and refresh rate is slow slow it is useless. I contacted Avatron for refund who reffered me to Apple who reffered me to Avatron - you know the rest - big waste of money !!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 10, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Avatron Software, Inc.
- © 2011-2013 Avatron Software, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.3 or later