Air Display for Mac lets you use a spare Mac’s screen as an extra display for your main Mac. Launch this app on your spare Mac, then wirelessly connect to it from the free host app you’ll install on your main Mac to instantly expand its screen real estate.
IMPORTANT: This is NOT the free Air Display host software that you need on your main computer. You can download that at getairdisplay.com. This is the client app that turns a Mac into a second monitor for another computer.
— FEATURES —
• Drag windows, apps, or control palettes from your main screen to give yourself more room to work
• Use up to 4 devices simultaneously to extend or mirror your computer
• Choose to run full screen or in a window
• Either extend your screen to get more room to work or mirror to share your screen with an audience
• Connect via Wi-Fi or over Ethernet
• Extremely responsive performance
• Mouse responsiveness indistinguishable from using a wired mouse
— INSTALLATION —
You’ll need the free Air Display host app (from getairdisplay.com) installed on your main Mac, and this Air Display client app running on the Mac you want to use as an extra screen.
• Purchase this app on the Mac you want to use as your second display
• On your main computer, go to getairdisplay.com and install the free host app
If you want to use your iPad or other mobile device as your second screen, you do not need to purchase this app. Air Display for iOS is available in the iTunes App Store (and you’ll still need the same free host software from getairdisplay.com on your main computer).
— COMPATIBILITY —
• Both computers must be on the same Wi-Fi network, either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
• Mac client app: iOS 6 and above
• Mac OS X host: 10.7 and above
• The Air Display Host is not compatible with Windows
• Support for up to 4 displays simultaneously
• Optimized performance and better energy usage
• Additional display resolution support
If you like Air Display for Mac, please leave a review for each update. Your comments help us prioritize future features and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
DO NOT BUY! This app does not work and tech support is unresponsive.
This app is completely defective. It will not launch. I have followed the instructions precisely and the app simply crashes every single time it is launched. I have contacted tech support and they will not respond. You can't even report an issue to Apple at the app store - it simply directs you back to the Avatron website. I will say it again in ALL CAPS: THIS APP DOES NOT WORK. Avatron, you have stolen $19.99 from me and I want it back. You are a bunch of thieves, and I can't believe that Apple allows this app in their store. Bad business all the way around.
Developer Response ,
Wow, I'm sorry about the frustration. I'm caught up on email support, so it's likely your email didn't make it to us. Did you send it to email@example.com?
Regarding the crash you're seeing: It sounds like your host Mac is running a recent version of High Sierra.
The problem is that the last few versions of High Sierra (macOS 10.13) crash when you connect to a virtual monitor. (Sorry about that!) But I have some good news: Mojave (macOS 10.14) finally fixes this long-standing issue. If you can update to Mojave, please try Air Display after updating. It should work fine once more.
I just purchased this app for $19.99. Once I click to open it, it quits unexpectedly right away. I have a macbook Pro 2018 and it doen't work.
Developer Response ,
Sorry about that! We have an update coming soon to address this bug. —pip
!!COMPLETE AND UTTER JUNK!!!
DO NOT BUY THIS!!! YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY!!! APPLE IS SUPPOSED TO VET THESE PRODUCTS BEFORE PUTTING THEM ON THEIR APP STORE!!! MINDS WELL GO WITH ANDROID/WINDOWS IF I AM GETTING THIS KIND OF UNSTABLE SOFTWARE WITH APPLE.
Developer Response ,
Sorry about this. The Air Display host software crashes on macOS 10.13.4 through 10.13.6. Apple has fixed the bug in Mojave (10.14). If you can update to Mojave, Air Display should work well again. —pip
- Avatron Software, Inc.
- 4 MB
- OS X 10.6.3 or later
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 Avatron Software, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.