By Avatron Software, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Air Display for Mac lets you use a spare Mac’s screen as an extra display for your main computer. Launch this app on your spare Mac, then wirelessly connect to it from the free host app you’ll install on your main Mac or PC to instantly expand its screen real estate.
IMPORTANT: This is NOT the free Air Display host software that you need on your main computer. You can get that at getairdisplay.com. This is the client app that turns a Mac into a second monitor for another computer.
— FEATURES —
• Drag windows, apps, or control palettes from your main screen to give yourself more room to work
• Use up to 4 devices simultaneously to extend or mirror your computer
• Choose to run full screen or in a window
• Either extend your screen to get more room to work or mirror to share your screen with an audience
• Connect via Wi-Fi or over Ethernet
• Extremely responsive performance
• Mouse responsiveness indistinguishable from using a wired mouse
— INSTALLATION —
You’ll need the free Air Display host app (from getairdisplay.com) installed on your main computer, and this Air Display client app running on the Mac you want to use as an extra screen.
• Purchase this app on the Mac you want to use as your second display
• On your main computer, go to getairdisplay.com and install the free host app
• Launch Air Display on your "second display" Mac and it will help you finish the setup
If you want to use your iPad or other mobile device as your second screen, you do not need to purchase this app. Air Display for iOS is available in the iTunes App Store (and you’ll still need the same free host software from getairdisplay.com on your main computer).
— COMPATIBILITY —
• Both computers must be on the same Wi-Fi network, either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
• Mac client app: iOS 6 and above
• Mac OS X host: 10.7 and above
• Windows host: 7 or 8 (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 Starter Edition and Windows Vista are not supported; laptops with Nvidia's Optimus dual-graphics switching are only compatible when you disable the Optimus feature
• Connection to multiple Air Display clients is Mac only, but we're working on Windows even now
What's New in Version 2.0
• Add up to 4 displays simultaneously (with the Mac host only for now; Windows support is coming soon. Must be running Air Display 2 host software and Air Display 2 on the extra screens)
• Optimized performance and better energy usage
• Additional display resolution support
If you like Air Display for Mac, please leave a review for each update. Your comments help us prioritize future features and enhancements.
Patience is a virtue.
It is evident to me, after visiting this page for the first time in a long while, that patience is not practiced often among many. I originally purchased this application on July 12, 2013. Being a convert to Apple for only a year at that time, I too quickly grew frustrated over how to properly activate this application for use. Eighteen months later, I am pleased to report that this app is a must-have, being a power-user with multiple Apple platforms. This beauty allows me to multitask on multiple desktops on multiple devices, simultaneously. An absolutely integral tool which has allowed me to maximize my productivity from anywhere, not just my home office, but anywhere. The lack of stability, originally inherent to the app, is cured, as of the date I type this review. For those power-users that lost patience early on, I gently suggest you reconsider. For those of you who haven’t yet experienced the marvelous benefits "Air Display” offers, I urge you to give it a go. I consider the accompanying price tag as money well spent.
Give it another try...
Like the previous reviewer, I hope that others who downloaded this reconsider their review. I NEVER review anything but I felt compelled to do so for this application. I am connecting a MacBook Pro on OS X 10 to an iPad Air. Considering this is extending a desktop over wireless, I am EXTREMELY pleased with this product. It did take me a little bit to connect both, but the help features of the app helped a lot. I used two monitors at home and at work and was looking for an application to make this option portable. I carry my iPad and my Mac around together anyway, so this is the perfect application for on-the-go work. I highly recommend. Once you make a connection to another device, the second time is much, much easier!
peferct and easy for the 3rd monitor operation on OSX
Choose this application to use as a 3rd monitor (usually display finder) on OSX.
After comparison of people’s reviews and ratings of similar applications, Airport display got decent compatibility and preserve oroginal resolusion of primary and secondary monitors as well as reversibility.
a little bit of Dollor is needed, but works perfectly. It is so nice.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 10, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Avatron Software, Inc.
- © 2011-2014 Avatron Software, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.3 or later