Air pollution can be a problem anywhere, not just in areas of high population or industry. That is why there are over 2,600 EPA air quality stations across North America. It is important for people everywhere to easily find and understand air pollution levels. Unfortunately, most people remain unaware of their local air quality because the data is not accessible or approachable. Air Lookout aims to change that.
Please Note: Air Lookout currently only supports the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's air quality stations in North America.
• Hourly reports of air quality from the closest monitoring station.
• Know when it is safe to exercise outside.
• Provides a two day forecast (where supported).
• Explore all reporting air quality stations on a map.
• See a ranking of the best and worst cities in North America
• Monitors PM2.5, PM10, Ozone, Nitrates, Sulfides, Carbon Monoxide and more (12 pollutants can be monitored from supporting air quality stations).
• Shows the Air Quality Index in official EPA levels that are easy to understand.
• Provides simple and concise definitions of all pollutants and air quality terms.
• Uses the EPA color coding for the Air Quality Index.
• Apple Watch app for quick viewing.
• Supports all Apple Watch app complications!
Includes Apple Watch app, Glance and Today Widget.
Access to over 2,600 air quality stations
• 2,595 air quality stations in the United States
• 240 air quality stations in Canada
• 55 air quality stations in Mexico
Data is provided by the United States EPA.
Questions or problems? Please contact me.
• Apple Watch complications!
• Apple Watch app design!
• Easy location permission changes in app settings
• Improved introduction messaging and clarity around location
• Added clarity if a station isn't reporting ozone or particulate (small)
• Fixed an issue where thrash tapping on the map tab would crash the app
• For an air quality station to appear in the "best 10" it needs to, at a minimum, report ozone and particulate (small)
• Fixed an issue where animations would not display properly
• The current location tab now shows the location of the nearest station instead of the user's location
• The current location tab now shows how far away the nearest reporting station is at the top
• The current location tab has more emphasis when a station is not reporting ozone or particulate (small).
Ratings and Reviews
As someone with a breathing disability who’s job is mainly outdoors, I’ve been searching for an app to replace the American lung associations app that no longer works with IOS upgrades. My search is now over! This app not only shows the current air quality of my location, but nearby areas that I have to work in. THANK YOU! Simple to use. Easy to understand. Figured it out in less than five minutes. I use it every morning.
Love this app, wish it had local device notifications for poor conditions.
I am slowly getting use to the app. It is helping to understand outside conditions so I can better control my asthma.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.