Air Navigation Pro
By Xample Sarl
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Air Navigation is flight planning and real time navigation application for pilots.
Air Navigation uses the internal (or external) GPS module and gyroscopes to compute the position, speed and attitude.
Planning a route can be done in seconds.
Un large number of add-on maps and data is available for download from within the application. The complete list of free and commercial maps and other products are available on our website www.xample.ch in the add ons section.
The application supports the following type of data:
- Aeronautical waypoints (more than 160000)
- Airspaces (more than 50 countries)
- Free maps (open source or from the public domain)
- ICAO navigation charts and Sectional charts
- ATC Flight Plans
- Approach charts (check list of countries available)
- Free Digital Elevation Model
- Aerial photos and commercial digital elevation model for the synthetic vision and terrain awareness features
- Notams (requires a subscription)
Air Navigation allows local flight recording or online flight tracking from your personal user account (free on our services.xample.ch website)
DETAILED DESCRIPTION ET MANUELS ON OUR WEBSITE http://www.xample.ch
- 2D moving map (follows GPS location and track orientation) with map, waypoints and airspaces on overlay. Zoom, pan with touch gestures
- Display of navigation waypoints (interactive)
- Display of airspaces (interactive)
- Display of navigation charts
- Display of approach charts
- Display of planned route
- Display of map widgets (position in 2,5,10 minutes, bearing, extended runway, notams, etc)
- Display of terrain elevation profile and airspaces in front of the airplane (with free DEM)
- Terrain Awareness in 2D and 3D (with commercial DEM)
- 3D Synthetic vision with realistic view of the terrain. Support for internal gyros or external AHRS boxes. Displays speed, altitude, attitude, course. Support for external modules with static and dynamic pressure sensors.
- Live flight tracking, requires data connection and a free account on our website
- Multilegs Route editor with wind correction, speed, distance, headings and fuel computation.
- Direct to
- Weight and Balance
- Logbook, automatically record block and flight time.
- Instruments, HSI,VOR, ADF, Compas, Altimeter, groundspeed
- Custom point editor
- Support for external modules such as: Levil, Flytec, Flynet2, etc
- Support for connecting to X-Plane and Flight Simulator X (free plugin available on our website)
- Support for synchronizing routes from Air Navigation for OS X
An iPhone/iPod with a GPS is required to use realtime navigation modules. Internal GPS is disabled when the iPhone's "Airplane mode" is active. Works with external GPS kit for iPod touch and iPhone.
The accuracy of the navigation instruments is better when the iPhone has a clear view of the sky (near the front cockpit for ex.). It may take 1 to 3 minutes to acquire a good GPS signal..
Please note that this software is not intended to replace a certified navigation device. You should always use official aeronautical documentation when preparing and performing a flight. You should always use certified navigation devices when performing a flight.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.7.4
- Fixed label issue with pressure sensors (Levil) when Airspeed is turned off -> now will correctly show GPS as speed source
- Fixed runway label issue not displayed when an ULM field is selected
- Fixed an issue where METARS were not always correctly retrieved from map
- Now will display a message when maximum number of devices is reached on Air Navigation Services account. Also will correctly show the status as "Logged out"
Very lovely app but recently......
Immediately after updating my iPad mini to the latest IOS 8.2 version I could no longer use the Airnav Pro app on my ipad, it doesn't just respond anymore. I think there has to be an update of the app for the new IOS 8.2 version. Will be grateful if you guys could work on that as soon as possible to enable users like me continue to enjoy the benefits of the app. Thank you.
This is truly an amazing product and well worth having in the cockpit for situational awareness. What would be a nice enhancement would be holding patterns that one could select either over a beacon or any point on the map and using the current aircraft position, show the entry and the pattern either standard or non standard. Also using the speed, plot the course.
I've been using the standard for a while. I finally decided to "invest" in the PRO version for local flights. So far...worthless. The account has me locked out after purchase and FIRST log in. They sell you 3D data through app but not USA sectionals. Go figure. Attempt to contact has ZERO email for assistance...only lists of other people's issues. DO NOT BUY until you can communicate with ANYONE on these apps.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 19, 2014
- Version: 5.7.4
- Size: 135 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Xample Sarl
- © 2008-2014 Xample
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- USA Sectional charts 2011-2012$3.99
- Venezuela 3D data$24.99
- USA VFR Terminal Area Raster Charts 2012$3.99
- Brazil WAC 2011$9.99
- Brazil WAC 2013$9.99
- South Africa 500k WAC$14.99
- 3D Data for EFIS - USA - California$29.99
- USA - Florida 3D data$24.99
- US Sectional to 02.2011 New York$0.99
- US Sectional to 02.2011 Los Angeles$0.99