Air Navigation Pro
By Xample Sarl
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Air Navigation is a high quality flight planning and real time GPS navigation application for VFR pilots. With Air Navigation you plan your routes within a few seconds, track your flights and you have access to a database of worldwide airspaces and waypoints. Prepare your flight better than ever with Air Navigation!
Go to the add-ons section of our website http://services.xample.ch/ too see the complete list of free and commercial maps and other available products. Register to get database updates and download add-on maps and data from within the application.
The following Add-ons can be obtained for the app:
- Interactive waypoints (more than 180000) and airspaces (more than 100 countries)
- Free maps (open source or from the public domain)
- Aeronautical charts (ICAO, Sectionals, etc.)
- Approach charts (check list of countries available)
- Free elevation data
- 3D Data for synthetic vision and terrain awareness feature
- Notams (requires a subscription)
- ATC Flight Plans
- Free METARSs & TAFs
- Interactive Moving Map with Airspaces and Waypoints
- Use official or in-official charts as background map
- Display approach charts over the background map
- Plan your routes on the moving map: Multilegs route editor with wind correction, speed, distance, headings and fuel computation.
- Map widgets (position in 2,5,10 minutes, bearing, extended runway, notams, etc)
- Elevation profile with terrain and airspaces in front of plane (free elevation data required)
- Terrain Awareness in 2D and 3D (3D data required)
- 3D synthetic vision with realistic view of the terrain. Support for internal gyros or external AHRS boxes. Displays speed, altitude, attitude, course. Support for external modules with static and dynamic pressure sensors.
- Live flight tracking, requires data connection and a free account on our website
- Direct to Function
- Weight and Balance computer
- Logbook, automatically record block and flight time.
- Instruments, HSI,VOR, ADF, Compas, Altimeter, groundspeed
- Custom waypoint editor
- Support for external modules such as: Levil, Flytec, Flynet2, etc
- Support for connecting to X-Plane and Flight Simulator X (free plugin available on our website)
- Synchronize routes from Air Navigation for OS X
- And much more…
Find all available features on our website: airnavigation.aero
An iPhone/iPod with a GPS is required to use realtime navigation modules. Internal GPS is disabled when the iPhone's "Airplane mode" is active. Works with external GPS kit for iPod touch and iPhone.
The accuracy of the navigation instruments is better when the iPhone has a clear view of the sky (near the front cockpit for ex.). It may take 1 to 3 minutes to acquire a good GPS signal.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Check out our Online User Manual at http://manual.airnavigation.aero if you have any questions about how to use the application.
Satisfied with Air Navigation? Let us know by leaving us a rating and a review in the app store! This would mean a lot to us, thank you so much for your support.
Connect with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AirNavigationApp and Twitter: www.twitter.com/AirNavPro and stay up to date about any new updates, bugs or other news regarding Air Navigation.
* Please note that this software is not intended to replace a certified navigation device. You should always use official aeronautical documentation when preparing and performing a flight. You should always use certified navigation devices when performing a flight.
What's New in Version 6.2.4
- New feature: Advisory activities (private NOTAMs)
- Bug fixes and improvements
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 23, 2017
- Version: 6.2.4
- Size: 321 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Xample Sarl
- © 2008-2016 Xample
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- USA Sectional charts 2011-2012$3.99
- Aeronautical database$18.49
- Venezuela 3D data$24.99
- USA VFR Terminal Area Raster Charts 2012$3.99
- Brazil WAC 2011$9.99
- 3D Data for EFIS - USA - California$29.99
- South Africa 500k WAC$14.99
- ATC Flightplan filing - 1 flightplan$6.99
- USA - Florida 3D data$24.99
- Brazil WAC 2013$9.99