Air Playit HD - Streaming Video to iPad
By Han Zhicai
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Air Playit HD – Streaming Video Music to iPad. Access Your Video & Music Library Anywhere.
please visit http://www.airplayit.com to free download and install Air Playit Server.
Air Playit is a video streaming & player app, it is designed to streaming videos audios to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Air Playit is capable of streaming and playing 320 different video & audio formats on your devices via WiFi and 3G/4G network.
It acts as your personal audio video cloud server & player, and lets you watch videos on the go.
Support DRM Videos that purchase from iTunes Store.
Compatible with iOS 5.
Air Playit HD Main Features :
* Live Convert and Streaming Videos.
Air Playit is able to convert videos on the fly and stream videos to your devices. Play MKV, AVI, WMV videos on your iPhone iPad immediately without doing any tedious converting beforehand.
* Offline Conversion and Download to your iPhone iPad.
With offline task manager, you can add and manage video conversion tasks on your iPhone iPad, and download the videos to your devices over air. Watch the videos later when you have no network connection.
* Streaming Audio and Auto Cache Music Library.
Air Playit automatically caches all playing music stream to files. Play the cached music without using WiFi/3G/4G bandwidth. Support MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV audio formats.
* Built in HTTP Server
The built-in HTTP server lets you access the audios and videos stored on your PC or Mac via any web browser. Air Playit Server supports M3U playlist format. Play the streaming video via VLC or Apple QuickTime player.
* Support Apple TV-Out
Air Playit supports Apple TV-Out so that you can easily stream video & music to TV via iPhone iPad.
Other Features :
* Enable hardware encoding of Air Playit Server with CUDA.
* Support Multi-tasking Music Background Playback; guarantee smooth playing even in case of screen lock.
* Automated server discovery on local network by Bonjour Service.
* Add remote server by specifying IP address.
* Support streaming all 1080P/1080i HD videos, such as MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, TP, MPEG-TS, AVC and MOD.
* Support regular videos including MPEG1/2, WMV, ASF, AVI, MOV, RM/RMBV, FLV, MP4, H.264, M4V, WTV, WebM.
* Support multi-audio tracks video and let you choose any language in the video file.
* Adjust video/audio quality and resolution for each video individually.
* Choose and adjust default video/audio quality, resolution and FPS for different network connection type including local WiFi, remote WiFi, 3G and 4G to get the highest video viewing effect.
* Automatically list the recent played videos and remember the last play point for each video.
* Download all compatible Audios videos to Download Library inside iPhone or iPad.
* Setup permissions to the shared folders. Three permission levels are available: Admin, Kids and Public.
* Resume downloading at breaking-point. If you already started downloading the video, Air Playit can remember and lets you choose whether to download from where you left off, or to start over.
* Option to remotely power off your home computer after finishing watching.
Please download the Air Playit Server at http://www.airplayit.com
What's New in Version 2.0
1. Removed the ads iAD built in the program to make Air Playit permanently free.
2. Added Air Playit News function to make it convenient for users to view User Guide.
3. Fixed the sever to make the playing and caching on iPhone and iPad super fast.
4. Improved H.264 encoding speed.
5. Improved H.264 encoding quality and smoothened playing 1080P HD videos.
6. Improved the stability of background music playing and made the connection more convenient via 3G.
7. V2.0 is a major upgrade. All users of Air Playit are supposed to update to this latest version.
Just what I've been waiting for... And Free!!!
I've been using video streaming apps for a long time on iPhone and iPad. Zumocast was the first of the great streaming apps and uncontested champion until its purchase and ultimate demise and absence from the app store. Streamtome filled its very large shoes for a while, but despite some very good updates; to this date lacks the ability to convert video and download directly to iPhone or iPad. While the fact that video conversion took place on external servers with zumocast was nice, there's something to be said about not having to rely on those external servers. This bit of confidence does come at a price, however as it does consume a fair amount of resources in the process. To be used only by those boasting a more powerful machine as their media server. If you have the processing power and enjoy the full feature set and ability to download for later viewing this app does not disappoint. For those not requiring the download feature, try streamtome.
Lastly, for those having difficulty getting the app to work, try rebooting your computer following the server install.
Many folks said that they had a choppy playback experience, so did I until I found out it was the connection bandwidth setting.
In playback you can see a progress bar showing caching progress, when the playback pauses, the caching reached zero, that means you have to decrease the connection rate. That rate is not the WiFi speed, but the ACTUAL speed output from your PC. That output speed is dependent on two factors:
1. The WiFi Adapter speed.
2. The PC' CPU speed. On my PC, when it is playing, it's CPU utilization reached 100%. That sure impacts its output rate.
So my suggestion for choppy playback is to decrease the default connection rate setting to e.g. 384kbps, if the playback is smooth, then gradually increase the setting until it reaches its own bottleneck.
In the meantime, upgrading PC' NIC will have some help too.
I use it on iPad with bluetooth earpieces playing full length movies when I have my daily workout on the treadmill. I found it an wonderful experience.
Very good, 2 feature requests
This app is really well made. I only have two requests.
1. When you exit the app and come back to it, it would be great if it could automatically take you back to the server and folder you were viewing when you left the app. Right now it takes you all the way back to the home screen every time you close and reopen the app.
2. Add a feature to automatically play the next file in the folder once one has finished. Great for "marathon" sessions of watching a particular show.
Other than that, great work! Hope my suggestions are useful.