Air Playit - Streaming Video to iPhone
By Han Zhicai
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Air Playit – Streaming Video Music to iPhone iPad and iPod Touch. Access Your Video & Music Library Anywhere.
please visit http://www.airplayit.com to free download and install Air Playit server.
Air Playit is a video streaming & player app, it is designed to streaming videos audios to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Air Playit is capable of streaming and playing 320 different video & audio formats on your devices via WiFi and 3G/4G network.
It acts as your personal audio video cloud server & player, and lets you watch videos on the go.
Support iTunes Store Purchased DRM videos
Compatible with iOS 5.
Main Features :
* Live Convert and Streaming Video & Music
Air Playit is able to convert videos on the fly and stream videos to your devices. Play MKV, AVI, WMV videos on your iPhone iPad immediately without doing any tedious converting beforehand.
* Offline Conversion and Download to your iPhone iPad.
With offline task manager, you can add and manage video conversion tasks on your iPhone iPad, and download the videos to your devices over air. Watch the videos later when you have no network connection.
* Streaming Audio and Auto Cache Music Library.
Air Playit automatically caches all playing music stream to files. Play the cached music without using WiFi/3G/4G bandwidth. Support MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV audio formats.
* Built in HTTP Server
The built-in HTTP server lets you access the audios and videos stored on your PC or Mac via any web browser. Air Playit Server supports M3U playlist format. Play the streaming video via VLC or Apple QuickTime player.
* Support Apple TV-Out
Air Playit supports Apple TV-Out so that you can easily stream video & music to TV via iPhone iPad.
Other Features :
* Enable hardware encoding of Air Playit Server with CUDA.
* Support Multi-tasking Music Background Playback; guarantee smooth playing even in case of screen lock.
* Automated server discovery on local network by Bonjour Service.
* Add remote server by specifying IP address.
* Support streaming all 1080P/1080i HD videos, such as MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, TP, MPEG-TS, AVC and MOD.
* Support regular videos including MPEG1/2, WMV, ASF, AVI, MOV, RM/RMBV, FLV, MP4, H.264, M4V, WTV, WebM.
* Support multi-audio tracks video and let you choose any language in the video file.
* Adjust video/audio quality and resolution for each video individually.
* Choose and adjust default video/audio quality, resolution and FPS for different network connection type including local WiFi, remote WiFi, 3G and 4G to get the highest video viewing effect.
* Automatically list the recent played videos and remember the last play point for each video.
* Download all compatible Audios videos to Download Library inside iPhone or iPad.
* Setup permissions to the shared folders. Three permission levels are available: Admin, Kids and Public.
* Resume downloading at breaking-point. If you already started downloading the video, Air Playit can remember and lets you choose whether to download from where you left off, or to start over.
* Option to remotely power off your home computer after finishing watching.
Please download the Air Playit Server at developer's website
What's New in Version 2.0
1. Removed the ads iAD built in the program to make Air Playit permanently free.
2. Added Air Playit News function to make it convenient for users to view User Guide.
3. Fixed the sever to make the playing and caching on iPhone and iPad super fast.
4. Improved H.264 encoding speed.
5. Improved H.264 encoding quality and smoothened playing 1080P HD videos.
6. Improved the stability of background music playing and made the connection more convenient via 3G.
7. V2.0 is a major upgrade. All users of Air Playit are supposed to update to this latest version.
Best app for local wifi
This app does just what i want and it amazingly plays Almost ALL formats from remote pc without any problem! Its amazing that i can access any folder on my computer from my iphone any play anything i want.
I have a few suggestion though. I hope the programmers take into consideration for the next update:
1. When i play videos on my iphone 4s, sometimes cpu usage on my pc goes to 100% and it makes the cideo playong laggy. Then ill have to pause for a minute and play again. Tjis happens on my both pcs. Same cpu usage phenomena goes for playing audio too but no lags.
2. And this is annoying: whenever you send the app to background and its still playing, when you go back to the app after play has stopped, it goes back to servers screen. Meaning not only do you lose the player, you also have to navigate through all folders and subfolders again to go back where it was. It would be nice if when you go back to the app it remembered the location instead of forgetting everything.
Thank you for this amazing app which makes life a little easier when you dont have to open iTunes ✌
PA: i still cant believe this is free!! Keep up the good work!
I just wanted to say how much I love this app. I like the fact that I can play more than just MP4's. However, there is one thing I have been getting quite annoyed with. I use the app on my iPhone and it works great, except when I get a call. When I am in the middle of a movie and receive a call the app doesn't remember where I left off and I have to try and figure out how far into it I was. It would be nice if the app would, every 5-10 seconds, do what it does when you click stop/done and record where it left off. Another annoyance is when I go back into the app it starts me all the way back where you choose a server rather than where I was when I left the app. Just a few things I noticed that could be improved upon. Other than that, like I said, this app is truly wonderful.
Best dlna app but needs a few things
This app works well as a dlna server. The best part about it is that you can connect over 3G or 4G. However, it needs a few things.
1) The ability to make a playlist with in the app for audio. I am aware you can import a playlist from iTunes, but I don't even use iTunes.
2) The ability to search for songs or artists within the app.
3) It would be nice to be able to display photos as well. I have thousands of pictures on my computer and I cannot possibly keep them on my phone. It would be nice to be able to just recall them through this app. This app does video and audio only. How great would it be to be able to display on your phone any picture you have ever taken Through this app?
Other than that, the app works well.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 11, 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Han Zhicai
- © DIGIARTY
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.