By Roland Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Air Recorder is an app that lets you enjoy high-quality recording with easy operation.
You can record sound through the internal mic of your iPhone/iPod touch, or wirelessly make digital recordings of the sound from your Roland electronic musical instrument. You can also load songs from the music library of your iPhone and play them back while recording your instrument as you play along.
● You can use the internal mic of your iPhone/iPod touch to record your instrumental performance or your band. You can also load and play back songs from the music library of the iPhone. During song playback, you can use convenient practicing functions such as speed/key adjustments and AB repeat.
● You can use Air Recorder with a Roland electronic musical instrument that has wireless LAN functionality, and digitally record the sound of your instrument wirelessly. Songs loaded from the music library of your iPhone can also be sent wirelessly and digitally to your instrument; you can then play along with the song on your instrument, and record the mix on your iPhone/iPod touch.
● The recorded audio can be used via AudioCopy with any app that supports AudioPaste (e.g., GarageBand). You can also use Open in... to export the audio to another app that supports WAV or AAC file formats.
* In order to use the wireless LAN functionality, you'll need an electronic musical instrument that supports Air Recorder, a wireless USB adapter (Roland WNA1100-RL), and a wireless LAN access point (such as a wireless LAN router) that supports WPS. For details on electronic musical instruments that support wireless LAN functionality, refer to the following URL. http://roland.cm/rwc
* If you’re unable to connect to the wireless LAN access point, try connecting using Ad-Hoc mode.
* AudioCopy supports only the WAV recording file format. (WAV is the default recording format.)
* Songs with DRM (Digital Rights Management) cannot be loaded. Songs upgraded to iTunes Plus can be loaded.
* If a song is played back while you're recording from the internal mic, the iPhone is designed to play back through the ear speaker rather than the internal speaker. If you connect an audio device to the headphone jack, the song will play back from the connected audio device.
* If you're using an iPad2, you cannot choose AAC.
What's New in Version 1.0.5
Additional Settings to backup "imported audio files" to iCloud.
For a company that acquired Cakewalk, you'd expect that they'd have the basics nailed down, but instead:
1. It doesn't back up the files locally - dependent on copying to iCloud, Google Drive or Dropbox. Whatever happened to simply plugging into iTunes and copying it onto a local drive?
2. Can't export/upload files in batches - as in you'll have to select the recordings individually, select "Open In..." then pick your storage. What if you simply wanted to save the files onto a PC?
3. Selecting files for playback is counter-intuitive. Why do I have to keep flipping back between the library and the main playback page when I needed to scrub several recordings?
4. The buttons are too small. I mean, really, is Roland expecting us to use styli? If I wanted to use a stylus, I'd go back to using Sony Ericsson's P series phones.
5. But to be fair, the only saving grace is that it doesn't clip the audio (unlike that free Zoom app), and the recorder interface looks ok. But given the essential points I listed above, I find it really difficult to give this app anything above 2 stars.
Very nice application - Nicely done.
Works flawlessly and very easy to use.
But it will simply amazing if the developer adds the ability to output the sound directly to the headphones jack as it receives the sound from the sending instrument in real time. This will enable (for example) the Roland FR-8x to play through stereo/mono amplifiers wireless!!!
Its good but....
This app is good, but it would really be awesome if you could somehow integrate a way of selecting more than one song at a time to import, maybe like being able to import 20-40 songs at once even though it may take time, that would be better than having to go to the import song page every single time you finish importing 1 song.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 19, 2013
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 32.1 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Roland Corporation
- © 2012 Roland Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).