Air Video HD - Now with multitasking and PiP support!
By Bit Cave Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Air Video HD is the ultimate streaming video player for all videos stored on your computer. If want to watch them on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, this is the app for you.
Download and install the server software on your Mac or PC (Linux coming soon) and you’ll be watching your videos on your device in seconds. Going somewhere without network access? Download is just one tap away.
Don’t worry about video formats, codecs and bitrates, let Air Video HD handle the dirty details for you. If needed, Air Video HD will transparently transcode the video (“on fly”) so that it plays on all supported iOS devices, including Apple TV (with surround sound and soft subtitles). But we took special care to ensure that transcoding is only done when necessary. No matter what format the video is in, AVI, DivX, MKV and other videos just work.
Major Features in Air Video HD 2.0
* Beautiful user interface optimized for iOS 8. With special support for iPhone 6 and 6+, we make sure your valuable screen space is not wasted
* State of the art playback pipeline. We take our transcoding seriously. Support for soft subtitles, H.264 passthrough for your HD videos and surround sound on Apple TV will let you enjoy your media the way it is supposed to be.
* Video Download. Going somewhere without internet access? Air Video HD is the easiest way to get your videos to device. Simply browse to your video and press download. That's it. With one slider you decide if you want to prioritize video quality or save space on device.
* Synchronized settings. You can stop video on you iPhone and resume on your iPad. Playback settings (including subtitle and audio selection), history and many other are synchronized as well.
* History. Quickly navigate between previously visited folders and played files. See which videos have already been played and which are new. Did we mention that history can be synchronized across all your devices?
* Audio and Subtitle synchronization adjustment (2.0). Your subtitles being out-of-sync is no longer a problem, you can correct it in just few taps.
* Video playback speed control (2.0). In a hurry? Speed it up!
* Aspect ratio control (2.0). Now you can finally correct those those weird looking videos. Also works when playing Apple TV of course!
* Many other features waiting for you to explore
Note that Air Video HD will not play DRM protected videos. All video content purchased through iTunes includes DRM. Video podcast content is free and does not include DRM protection.
The free server software (available for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Microsoft Windows) is needed to stream and convert the videos and can be downloaded at http://airvideoapp.com .
What's New in Version 2.2.1
Air Video HD now fully supports split-screen multitasking, picture-in-picture and iPad Pro!
Also in this update:
- High-speed playback improvements
- Fixes for some UI glitches
Best app for viewing your collection on the go.
I've owned the older version of this app so I can say for sure they know how to keep the best parts and just keep upgrading from there. This version has a nicer interface and the playback ui is very simple and easy to interact with. I especially like the 30sec skip back and forward buttons(though i wish i could change that to 10secs) scrubbing is a nice upgrade from the older version. downloading files for faster viewing has always been a plus. and streaming over 4g/wifi hasn't shown me any problems. i love the multiuser mode so i can restrict certain folders for certain people(ie pg rated content for the younger friends/family). the server software is easy to set up and i got streaming in less than a minute. this app is worth the price if you want to view your vids on the go.
I love the app and feel like the price is an absolute steal. I have bee using Plex, also a great app. My only problem is probably my own. I have a gigantic library. Very close to 10,000 movies. With Plex and Air Video HD, the software tends to lock up while selecting a new movie. With both programs, this happens. With Air Video HD, the lockup are much fewer and the speed of loading seems much faster. The quality is very good and the setup was a breeze.
Even short of perfection, this is a great app and I highly recommend it.
I setup a steaming server at home with 5tb of (Legally-purchased) DVDRips, and this app is amazing at streaming them. Works great on local network and over remote, even optimizes for cellular connections. The standout feature though is the download and convert functions. They work great, and being able to rescale content to various resolutions, with estimated file sizes, to save space on your iPad's local storage is a godsend. Split view and PiP work great. Keep it coming!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 30, 2016
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bit Cave Ltd.
- © 2015 InMethod s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Join Early Access$2.99