Air Video HD
By Bit Cave Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Air Video HD is the ultimate streaming video player for all videos stored on your computer. If want to watch them on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, this is the app for you.
Download and install the server software on your Mac or PC (Linux coming soon) and you’ll be watching your videos on your device in seconds. Going somewhere without network access? Download is just one tap away.
Don’t worry about video formats, codecs and bitrates, let Air Video HD handle the dirty details for you. If needed, Air Video HD will transparently transcode the video (“on fly”) so that it plays on all supported iOS devices, including Apple TV (with surround sound and soft subtitles). But we took special care to ensure that transcoding is only done when necessary. No matter what format the video is in, AVI, DivX, MKV and other videos just work.
Major Features in Air Video HD 2.0
* Beautiful user interface optimized for iOS 8. With special support for iPhone 6 and 6+, we make sure your valuable screen space is not wasted
* State of the art playback pipeline. We take our transcoding seriously. Support for soft subtitles, H.264 passthrough for your HD videos and surround sound on Apple TV will let you enjoy your media the way it is supposed to be.
* Video Download. Going somewhere without internet access? Air Video HD is the easiest way to get your videos to device. Simply browse to your video and press download. That's it. With one slider you decide if you want to prioritize video quality or save space on device.
* Synchronized settings. You can stop video on you iPhone and resume on your iPad. Playback settings (including subtitle and audio selection), history and many other are synchronized as well.
* History. Quickly navigate between previously visited folders and played files. See which videos have already been played and which are new. Did we mention that history can be synchronized across all your devices?
* Audio and Subtitle synchronization adjustment (2.0). Your subtitles being out-of-sync is no longer a problem, you can correct it in just few taps.
* Video playback speed control (2.0). In a hurry? Speed it up!
* Aspect ratio control (2.0). Now you can finally correct those those weird looking videos. Also works when playing Apple TV of course!
* Many other features waiting for you to explore
Note that Air Video HD will not play DRM protected videos. All video content purchased through iTunes includes DRM. Video podcast content is free and does not include DRM protection.
The free server software (available for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Microsoft Windows) is needed to stream and convert the videos and can be downloaded at http://airvideoapp.com .
What's New in Version 2.1.2
This is a minor maintenance update. It should fix crash during application startup on older iOS firmware versions, Chromecast playback of local files and improve download reliability for files that are being converted during download.
To keep Air Video HD sustainable, we’re introducing Early Access. Certain new features will initially be available in preview mode, with single in-app purchase to Join Early Access and remove preview mode restrictions.
Features currently in Early Access:
- Instant Scrubbing Preview - Seeking doesn't have to be a mystery. You'll know where you land before even releasing the slider
- Chromecast Support - Seamless integration with soft subtitles and surround sound.
EDIT: Thanks everyone for your support! And for people who give us 1 star reviews because of the an-app purchase: We’re sorry you feel this way, we’re just trying to keep the project healthy.
Also a reminder - if something doesn't work and you complain in the AppStore, we have absolutely no way to respond and help with the troubleshooting. Emailing us (or creating support ticket) is much more likely to get the problem resolved.
Very happy with this, and I use it a lot
I installed the Mac-side server application for this at home, and then I use the iOS app on my iPads. My iPads are always low on space, and my Mac can hold a lot more videos than my iPads can! I've used this to play videos on my iPads almost every day, and sometimes I run it on one of my iPods and then use AirPlay to direct the video to an AppleTV which I have. There's probably a smarter way to do that, but this has been easy and has worked well for me.
I did buy the "early-access" option, because I liked the new features they are working on. I'd rather pay them another $2 to see them working on new features, than to have them stop adding new features.
I am an Air Video legacy convert
I have used the Air Video legacy app with my home PC for a couple of years now, and never felt the need to upgrade to HD. But when I updated to Window 10 on my server, the legacy server app was blocked from installing due to expired certificate. I bit the bullet and installed the HD server, and bought the client. I am very happy with the new experience. I especially like the download features, it makes it so easy to get content onto the IPad when traveling.
As a feature request, I would like a management mode where I could delete files from the server. A lot of my streaming is TV content, and once viewed I'd like to be able to remove the files without going to the server
Works from the other side of the world!
While in Hawaii I was streaming HD quality video through my iPad and iPhone via HDMI into the hotel's TV. My computer was in Canada and yet it connected and streamed reliably day after day. I had to retry the connection two or three times before it would start playing, but that could be buffering or simply initiating the connection - whatever. A *little* bit of persistence was all that was required to access my home video collection. This is one of my definite "must have" apps.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Aug 13, 2015
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 12.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bit Cave Ltd.
- © 2015 InMethod s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Join Early Access$2.99