Air Video HD
By Bit Cave Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
When we started working on Air Video HD we had one simple objective in mind: To build the best video streaming app technically possible. With the 2.0 release, we know we came to this closer than ever.
If you have your videos on your computer and want to enjoy them on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, this is the app for you.
Download and install the server software on your Mac or PC (Linux coming soon) and you’ll be watching your videos on your device in seconds. Going somewhere without network access? Download is just one tap away.
Don’t worry about video formats, codecs and bitrates, let Air Video HD handle the dirty details for you. If needed, Air Video HD will transparently transcode the video (“on fly”) so that it plays on all supported iOS devices, including Apple TV (with surround sound and soft subtitles). But we took special care to ensure that transcoding is only done when necessary. No matter what format the video is in, AVI, DivX, MKV and other videos just work.
Major Features in Air Video HD 2.0
* Beautiful user interface optimized for iOS 8. With special support for iPhone 6 and 6+, we make sure your valuable screen space is not wasted
* State of the art playback pipeline. We take our transcoding seriously. Support for soft subtitles, H.264 passthrough for your HD videos and surround sound on Apple TV will let you enjoy your media the way it is supposed to be.
* Video Download. Going somewhere without internet access? Air Video HD is the easiest way to get your videos to device. Simply browse to your video and press download. That's it. With one slider you decide if you want to prioritize video quality or save space on device.
* Synchronized settings. You can stop video on you iPhone and resume on your iPad. Playback settings (including subtitle and audio selection), history and many other are synchronized as well.
* History. Quickly navigate between previously visited folders and played files. See which videos have already been played and which are new. Did we mention that history can be synchronized across all your devices?
* Audio and Subtitle synchronization adjustment (2.0). Your subtitles being out-of-sync is no longer a problem, you can correct it in just few taps.
* Video playback speed control (2.0). In a hurry? Speed it up!
* Aspect ratio control (2.0). Now you can finally correct those those weird looking videos. Also works when playing Apple TV of course!
* Many other features waiting for you to explore
Note that Air Video HD will not play DRM protected videos. All video content purchased through iTunes includes DRM. Video podcast content is free and does not include DRM protection.
The free server software (available for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Microsoft Windows) is needed to stream and convert the videos and can be downloaded at http://airvideoapp.com .
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Display download speed
Improved download reliability (needs server 2.1)
Great App But Lacks Some Things... Still
Still no metadata artwork? What gives? Why display random screen shots of movies when the library has artwork? I just don't get it, very frustrating.
Air Video HD is a nice update to Air Video. I didn't mind having to pay again for the app since I use it so often and at $2.99 it's reasonably priced.
Overall this is a really good app for streaming your own movie collection. However, there are a few things that hold back this app from receiving 5 stars. I won't list all the things I think are missing or incomplete except for my biggest complaint.
With an improved user interface and new features I thought for sure the App would now display the movie Artwork (when available). Instead the App simply displays some random screen shot from the movie. This is very annoying. Why wouldn't the developer create the app to read the meta data art work that already exists? Makes no sense. Displaying movie artwork is much nicer graphically than random screen shots.
Although the app is visually much improved from the previous version there are some missing elements, it just seems incomplete. It's taken several years to finally receive this update, so it's disappointing to see it still lacking things like movie artwork.
This is one of my favorite apps. On my iPhone and iPad I can access (download or stream) files on my computer at home from anywhere in the world without a problem. Many neat details I like, f.ex. subtitle syncing. Of course there is always room for improvement … but I’m happy!
Video continues to play during a phone call...
The new update fix the problems on iOS 8. Once again, the best video app for iPhone!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 24, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 9.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bit Cave Ltd.
- © 2013 InMethod s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.