Mastering Airborne Radar
By Sporty's Pilot Shop
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Introducing The Airborne Radar App
Airborne Radar is the ONLY interactive course teaching the use of airborne weather radar and thunderstorm safety. This is no simple slideshow or video -- it's full hands-on interactivity that you won't find anywhere else. Drag items, turn knobs, and interact with radar and thunderstorms, all with your comfort of your iPad. Three hours of training, full audio narration, and over 130 quiz questions make learning easy.
Airborne Radar goes beyond use of airborne radar, teaching thunderstorm theory, hazards of thunderstorms, airborne radar theory, and airborne radar techniques. A Final Exam concludes the course, enabling the user to test their knowledge. FAA WINGS credit may be obtained upon completion of the Final Exam.
Why Airborne Radar?
Most seasoned professional pilots will admit that there has always been a lack of adequate weather radar training. The mantra has always been, "fly the airplane, and figure it out as you go." But, that's no way to learn to avoid thunderstorms and use radar. Now, Airborne Radar gives you the knowledge and comfort to fly safely, providing the only source of thorough, interactive training on airborne weather radar.
The effective use of airborne weather radar is essential to anyone flying radar-equipped aircraft. Numerous aircraft accidents have occurred due to flight crews' inadequate knowledge of thunderstorms and the use of radar. Airborne Radar helps provide that basis of knowledge. The goal is to provide the best radar training available, to make the pilot confident and knowledgeable about thunderstorm hazards.
Who is Airborne Radar For?
• Professional/career pilots seeking to expand their knowledge.
• Pilots who operate radar-equipped aircraft for their own business.
• Aviation students aspiring to a professional flying career.
• Airline dispatchers.
• Avionics and maintenance professionals.
• Anyone who flies radar-equipped aircraft
Airborne Radar Features
• 26 training modules, comprising more than 3 hours of training.
• Over 260 instructional scenes, containing more than 50 that are interactive.
• Over 130 quiz questions.
• 50-random-question Final Exam, database-tracked, with printable results.
• FAA WINGS credit.
• Printable PDF safety documents from the FAA and NTSB.
• Colorful graphics, depicting simulated radar displays.
• Easy point-and-click navigation.
• Full audio narration.
• Immediate use after purchase.
• Special offer of FREE Windows download of interactive METAR, TAF, and PIREP training
Airborne Radar Training Modules:
• Accident case study
• How to build a thunderstorm
• Degrees of thunderstorm severity
• Hail formation
• In-flight icing
• Gust fronts
• Tornado formation
Airborne Radar Theory
• Principles of radar
• Reflectivity of precipitation and objects
• Gain control
• Doppler capabilities/turbulence detection
• Attenuation and false readings
• Radar tops and beam filling
• Echoes to avoid
• Windshear detection
• Knowing you radar equipment
Airborne Radar Techniques
• Important notes about radar
• Preflight inspection and testing
• Before-takeoff scanning
• Climb scanning
• Cruise scanning
• Approach scanning
Extras and Final Exam
• Final Exam
• Printable PDF documents from the FAA
* ALSO AVAILABLE FOR WINDOWS AND MAC
* APP PURCHASE ALSO INCLUDES FREE WINDOWS DOWNLOAD OF METAR, TAF, AND PIREP TRAINING
What's New in Version 3.2.2
iOS 11 compatibility updates
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 28, 2017
- Version: 3.2.2
- Size: 74.8 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Sporty's Pilot Shop
- © Copyright 2014 Aviation Tutorials Company, LLC. All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.