AirMap is the leading global provider of aeronautical data & services to unmanned aircraft, or drones. Use AirMap to maintain situational awareness, request digital authorization, get traffic alerts, & more.
AirMap offers these features and more:
- Can I fly here? Get real-time feedback of airspace rules and conditions pertaining to your flight specifications, with national rulesets for 20 countries, including Canada, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Toggle between multiple map styles
- Discover airspace rules and advisories by searching for a location or panning and zooming AirMap's responsive vector maps
- Create and manage your pilot profile and UAV aircraft
- Plan a flight path to specific duration, altitude, and airspace requirements
- Connect to any supported DJI drone to fly and toggle camera settings directly from the AirMap app
- Request digital authorization for commercial operations in LAANC-enabled U.S. controlled airspaces
- Send digital flight notice to participating U.S. airports
- Get real-time traffic alerts for nearby manned aircraft
- View publicly-shared flights happening around the world
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
AirMap contains very inaccurate information on where you can and cannot fly drones. For example, the map fails to show that flying on a National Wildlife Refuge is prohibited. Many other local, state, and national recreational lands that prohibit drones are not displayed as having such restrictions. And while it is well-known that flying drones in National Parks is prohibited, the colored polygons on the map do not cover the actual boundaries of the parks, and can make it confusing to look at. Even more annoying is that you cannot select individual polygons and see its information, unlike the desktop version.
There needs to be an option for users to add information to the map. Crowdsourced data on where you can and cannot fly drones would build a much more accurate map.
Awesome app with Part 107 support, can you add airspace browsing was easier
Hover app has a feature where you can tap the classed airspace and get detail. In this app you have to tap and hold to get this detail and that starts a flight plan which you must cancel. Can you add that feature? Besides that this app to me is the go to app. FAA app is horrible. Great job! Thanks for making responsible drone owners able to enjoy it. The negative perception out there regarding drones needs to be countered with the vast majority who are safe and responsible who enjoy photography and use it for work and play.
The best data plus electronic flight plan filing
This has the most complete data of any source I have located. That it electronically files your flight plan with airports makes it indispensable. The idea that someone would get on the phone and call each the heliports and local private airports every time they want to fly around their yard is a hilarious bureaucratic joke. Most of them are unmanned anyway. There is no one to call. But this is great. Let it generate piles of electronic communications. You meet your obligations.
- Airmap, Inc. Which Will Do Business In California As Airmap Technology
- 137.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 AirMap, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.