Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NEW in 2.5:
√ Now works with Xbox One!
√ Chromecast playlist, shuffle and volume control!
• Featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple.
• Over 500,000 copies downloaded.
• Ranked in Top 25 Music Apps for 14 consecutive months.
Access and stream your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch Music Library directly over WiFi from an Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, Chromecast or any compatible DLNA device. No Wires or special hardware needed! It can even stream to a PC running Windows Media Player.
If you've heard all the hype about AirPlay and are missing out because your don't have an AppleTV, this app is for you!
◆◆◆◆◆ FEEDBACK ◆◆◆◆◆
"This is frikin awesome, no need to clog up harddrives with downloaded music, sounds great, best I've seen." -Cassidy Cripe
"I love it, works flawlessly with my Xbox 360!!" -Jasonua
"This thing does exactly what it says it will, and with no problems at all. Even better that it will now stream my Apple Lossless music too. My only complaint is that they didn't make the app a year or so earlier." -Dan Stock
◆◆◆◆◆ HOW TO USE ◆◆◆◆◆
√ Connect your iPod, iPhone or iPad to the same local network as your Xbox, PS3 or PC.
√ Start AirMusic.
√ For Xbox 360, navigate to the Xbox System Music Player and select your device in the list.
√ For Xbox One, navigate to the Xbox One Media Player under Apps and select your device in the list.
√ For PS3, navigate to the PS3 Music Menu and select your device in the list. If it shows nothing underneath, it probably means you selected the Movie or Photo menu instead.
√ For a PC running Windows Vista or later, start Windows Media Player, your iPhone Music will show under 'Other Libraries'.
√ When AirMusic detects a Chromecast device, an icon will appear in the AirMusic navigation bar. Tap on it to connect then select the music you want to stream. If the button does not appear, try rebooting your phone.
√ If you're experiencing skipping, turn off High-Quality streams in Settings.
◆◆◆◆◆ IMPORTANT ◆◆◆◆◆
• AirMusic is compatible with iCloud as long as songs have been downloaded & synced with your phone. Tap the little cloud icon next to each song or album in the Music app to download them locally first before launching AirMusic.
• AirMusic requires an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch with a minimum of 50MB of disk space to work effectively.
• On a PC, AirMusic only works with Windows Media Player running on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
• AirMusic is not compatible with old DRM songs purchased on iTunes. Newer iTunes DRM free purchases are compatible.
• When using Chromecast, you can choose and change the music directly from your phone. For all other devices, you do it from these devices (ie Xbox, PS3, PC).
If you are experiencing any other issues, please visit our site at http://airmusic.plutinosoft.com or contact us at email@example.com. We can't help you if we don't hear from you!
AirMusic is Copyright © Plutinosoft, LLC
Powered by Platinum UPnP SDK http://plutinosoft.com/platinum
What's New in Version 2.5.4
Fixed crash during app receipt validation on first launch.
Xbox 360 Problems
This app used to work awesomely, but recently I've been having problems. The songs seem to buffer every few seconds and it gets irritating because even after I rescan my music library, reboot my Xbox, and reopen the application, the tracks cannot play through without the buffering effect. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my trashy internet connection, but I definitely need it fixed. Another problem is that it sometimes skips to the next song when it's already in the middle of one. I know you guys are capable of fixing these problems and I'd really love to see an update addressing them in the near future.
Easy to use but could use more functionality
Very easy to use and to set up. Syncs well with my iTunes playlists and the sound quality is great.
I do wish there was a way to skip a song once it comes on though . Also, there are times it will stop streaming after a few songs for no apparent reason.
Overall though, a solid purchase to stream music from my iPhone to my chromecast .
Nice but could be better.
It's a very useful app if you don't use google play or pandora and the likes. Needs some tweaks done. Specially the fact you can't control the tracks and the dreadful fact that you have to slide all the way through your songs. There's no alphabet on the right of the screen. Hope you guys works on that. Overall useful.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 25, 2014
- Version: 2.5.4
- Size: 6.6 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Plutinosoft LLC
- © Plutinosoft LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.