Use AirPort Utility to manage your Wi-Fi network and AirPort base stations, including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, and AirPort Time Capsule — right from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. See a graphical overview of your Wi-Fi network and devices. Change base station and network settings, or manage advanced features such as security modes, wireless channels, IPv6 configuration, and more.
AirPort Utility works with all Apple 802.11n and 802.11ac Wi-Fi base stations, including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, and AirPort Time Capsule.
• See a graphical overview of your Wi-Fi network
• Get information about your connected Wi-Fi devices
• View and change network and Wi-Fi settings
• Restart or restore a base station, or update the firmware on a base station when available
• View or update passwords for your network, base stations, or disks
• Easily access network information such as IP address, DNS servers, and router address
• Manage DHCP reservations and port mappings
• Configure base stations for IPv6
• View status or error messages
• Archive Time Machine backups
• Adds support for iOS 8
Ratings and Reviews
Workable but Ripe for a Redesign
This app allows interfacing with the AirPort, which is helpful. However, the interface is not especially intuitive and this really shows up in the design/setup for limiting wifi access. I want to program in when my kid can't get wifi on their phone and laptop. This is possible but awkward, requiring many clicks. Once one gets to the point of programming the access restriction, it is actually a bit confusing whether one is delineating times wifi is allowed or not allowed. Also, it is set on a 24 hour day, so there is not one easy way to say no wifi all night, starting at 10pm on one day and going till 7am the next. One must program 10p-11:59 then 12am to 7am on a separate "restriction." Some better, more visually intuitive examples of setting up access restrictions and permissions exist in other areas -- this piece needs work. I also would like to be able to have a quick way to force wifi off for my kid's tech quickly and easily, like "stop access now and for the next x hours, just this one time" or similar. This app does not provide anything even close that sort of immediacy. Finally, when we are using access restrictions for one or two devices, it somehow seems to gum up the works for every other device in the house as well.
Good way to keep in touch with your Airport Expresses
My household has a couple of ancient Airport Expresses, which have a tendency to fade into the background until they get lonely, and cry out for help. When this happens, they usually just need to be introduced to a new router on the block, or perhaps have their firmware upgraded.
Since this only happens every couple of years, however, there's always upfront overhead to digging up and installing the software for Windows. The app makes this dramatically easier, and is a lot easier to use on top of it. For various reasons, it's much simpler to ensure the app gets installed on each of my iDevices and is kept up-to-date via the App Store than it is via the PC.
So, from my Airport Expresses, a big thank you: They feel far more cared for as a result. Indeed, they're even get proactive firmware updates now, instead of having to wait until they start refusing to take requests.
Excellent information, but you have to dig a little
This utility has a no-nonsense interface. The only graphics are the startup screen that show icons of all the nodes on the network and their connections. Clicking on any node brings up basic, but important info for that node. Touching Wireless Clients brings up the MAC address of any connected machine. Touching any address brings up the helpful info you need to dig for: Connection data. This app shows the Connection quality, Data Rate, S/N and Mode for each device. That is priceless This info isn't even available on the desktop version. The only options you can't change are DHCP Reservations and Port Settings. Access Control is included and is very helpful because you can go to a machine and check its MAC address then set Access Control from the iPhone.
- Apple Inc.
- 14.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Apple, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.