Airports 4 Pilots Pro - World Edition
By Ndili Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NEW FEATURE: Now includes GLOBAL DATABASE!
*ALSO OPTIMIZED FOR iPAD*
Airports-4-Pilots is the most comprehensive database of public and private airports, heliports, gliderports, balloonports, STOLports, ultralights and seaplane bases, covering over 26,000 facilities in all 218 countries and regions of the world, from Afganistan to Zimbabwe.
"Tremendous app: very useful and helpful, with lots of important information at the touch of a finger"
- WRoberts, Chicago
"Lots of info an[d] nice map integration. Good to have offline at some remote airport or location … AOPA should use th[is] instead …"
- FRG Pilot
"Well Done! Very nice App! Pulls up information on the airport in just a couple of seconds. Could really save the day in a real emergency…"
"Well done. Especially like the satellite view of the runway and surrounding area. The amount of data and information is impressive…"
"What an extremely imformative app… The developer did their homework on this one, put so much information in, that you can almost do your flight planning from this app. I have to say it is now one of my favorite avaition apps. I really believe all pilots should invest in this app, you won't go wrong."
"All the information you need for airports in a simple but extremely informative format especially when you need it the most…"
Having aircraft engine trouble? Running low on fuel? No more crash-landing in the parking lot! Airports-4-Pilots will dynamically provide you with a list of the closest landing facilities, public and private, sorted by distance to your present location, and will give also you directions to each located facility, as well as provide a map and comprehensive information on your chosen landing spot.
Airports 4 Pilots provides extra great detail for all public, private and military facilities across the United States, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Pacific Territories. It includes detailed information on each facilities' runways, operations, contacts, services, supplies, frequencies, FSS and more. It also includes current FAA remarks for each facility, as well as satellite imagery and maps.
Airports-4-Pilots sources current data from a range of sources including the FAA and covers the entire WORLD, from Afganistan to Zimbabwe!
Extra detail coverage is included for ALL US regions areas - Northwest, Southwest, North Central, South Central, East Central, Northeast, Southeast, Alaska, Pacific / Hawaii.
Airports-4-Pilots is fully self contained and does not require an internet connection to operate (with the exception of maps and satellite imagery). Updated data, when releasedA, will be made available via the AppStore.
NOTE: Global Database is available by regional in-app purchases, with the entire USA and territories included free.
Airports-4-Pilots was designed and developed by Ndili Technologies, Inc.
Notes Regarding In-App Purchase of Online Storage Space:
• Title of service: Airports 4 Pilots Data Subscription
• Length of subscription: 1,3, 6 or 12 month options
• Price of subscription: $4.99,$13.99,$24.99,$35.99/year.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
What's New in Version 3.5
v3.5: Bug fix
v3.4: iOS6.0 compatible;
- iPhone 5 compatible;
Ok. But they want more $$$
Paid for this but the database expires often and they want money to keep it up....fine, but if you don't really have to have a super current database it will constantly remind you for EVERY page you look at! Just annoying!!
CAVEAT EMPTOR! (that means BUYER BEWARE in pilot-speak)
I can't believe I didn't read the reviews more closely and I just wasted $7 of my hard-earned first-year probation pay on this piece of crap app. It is NOT a world edition if you charge me more just to get basic functionality in places like Japan (where my company flies often). DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. You'd be better off buying a Jeppesen subscription.
Search with pin drop
This is a good app. It does have search from current location, but it would be nice if you could search from pin drop.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 18, 2012
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 28.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ndili Technologies, Inc
- © 2011 Ndili Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Airports Data$4.99
- Airports Data$35.99
- Updated Database valid for August 25, 2011 to October 20, 2011$0.99
- Airports Data$14.99
- Database For All Regions$49.99
- Updated Database valid for November 18, 2010 to January 13, 2011$0.99
- Updated Database valid for May 5, 2011 to June 30, 2011$0.99
- Updated Database valid for January 13, 2011 to March 10, 2011$0.99
- Updated Database valid for June 30, 2011 to August 25, 2011$0.99
- Updated Database valid for March 10, 2011 to May 5, 2011$0.99