VMware Content Locker enables secure mobile access to content anytime, anywhere on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices. An enterprise-grade file sync and share solution, VMware Content Locker protects your sensitive content in a corporate container and provides users with a central application to securely access and collaborate on the latest documents from their iOS devices.
NOTE: VMware Content Locker application works in conjunction with and is managed through configurable system settings within the AirWatch console. The VMware Content Locker application will not operate without the required AirWatch infrastructure. Please contact your IT administrator before installing VMware Content Locker.
VMware Content Locker Key Features
• Enterprise-grade security policies and data loss prevention
• Photo, video and audio capture in secure, containerized application
• Integrated solution developed on the AirWatch EMM platform
• Single access point for all content across existing repositories
• Flexible content storage in the cloud or existing repositories
• Seamless connection to internal content repositories
• Anytime, anywhere access across mobile, desktop and web
• Enhanced user interface design and experience with smart views, folders and search
• Available in 17 languages based on user preference
• Support for iWork, Office, PDF, audio, video, image, zip files and more
• Intuitive internal file and folder sharing and secure external link sharing
• Quick document, media, folder and repository creation
• Simple editing and annotation of Microsoft Office documents and PDFs
• Comprehensive Activity Feed which tracks and displays user actions
• Interactive social feeds including file commenting and @tags
Introducing a privacy notice that summarizes the data processed by Content Locker and the permissions that are requested on your device.
Ratings and Reviews
A lifesaver in my position
As a training manager for Walmart, I utilize computer based modules to facilitate the training of my participants.
This app has all of the functionality of BINDER (a similar app) with some additional features and functionality.
For example, I can highlight (in any color), underline, strikethrough, free-write, type text, or insert text boxes, insert audio notes, insert pictures, shapes, lines and arrows.
I have never had this app crash, and I have used it for 6 months almost daily. I am using this on an iPad Pro 9.7, so maybe the other reviewer had an older machine (I cant speak to what I do not have).
I love how easily I can organize my training modules in multiple folders, and that I can have 5 different modules open on the screen at the same time (with individual tabs). I have not run into any issues with utilizing my Apple Pencil with this app either, which was a constant problem with both Binder and PDF MAXpro (they often froze during the use of my pencil).
If you are a business professional, educator or trainer, and need a simple to use app that will allow detailed note taking and editing of PDF files, this is the app for you.
THANK YOU CONTENT LOCKER TEAM!!
Apple Pencil Doesn’t Work with Last Two Updates
After the previous update, the edit mode using my Apple Pencil will routinely shut off after a few seconds, even while writing. I was optimistic that this would be corrected in next app update but after downloading the update the problem is still there. This makes using the app incredibly frustrating and almost unusuable.
Update 4.13 Broke PDF Annotations
Airwatch is used by my work. In general it has been a workable tool until this latest update. It ostensibly introduces auto saving of PDF annotations. This would be great except it is so aggressive with this action you can’t write anything before it has “saved” the annotation resulting in significant distraction. Ticket has been submitted...
- Wandering WiFi LLC
- 267.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 AirWatch, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.