Perform challenging airway procedures, sharpen your intubation skills, and earn CME with Airway Ex, the first professional video game for practicing Anesthesiologists, CRNAs, and medical professionals who perform airway procedures. Airway Ex is a free app for iPhone and iPad.
In Airway Ex, you can:
- Explore realistic airway procedures recreated from real cases submitted by doctors
- Train on the latest endoscopic devices with realistic range of motion, lens optics, and scope behaviors
- Earn Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits when you play through cases
- Get scored on skill, speed, damage, bleeding, navigation, recall, and more
- Treat patients that are responsive with changes in tissue behavior, breathing, bleeding, and fluids/secretions
- Monitor responsive Sp02 and HR vital signs based on stability or distress caused to virtual patient
MORE ABOUT AIRWAY EX:
Our app provides unprecedented medical realism, enabled by the accurate simulation of human tissue dynamics, realistic scope optics, and moving fluids to recreate life-like airway procedures. We also provide a new modality for earning continuing medical education (CME) credits for completing airway procedures in-app.
Virtual patient cases are modeled from actual surgical procedures submitted by doctors. Each case is vetted by medical experts with clinical simulation training experience from top hospitals. Airway Ex lets you train using ultra-realistic patient scenarios with high-quality, immersive simulations.
- Anesthesiology News
- Becker's ASC Review
- Chicago Tribune
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Crain's Chicago Business
- Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry (MDDI)
Find out more at www.airway-ex.com.
We've made some behind-the-scenes updates and improvements to further enhance a realistic intubation experience. More updates coming soon!
Share your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org, and don't forget to review us in the App Store too. For more information, visit us at www.airway-ex.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Helpful for non-physicians
As a speech-language pathologist, I find the app to be a unique and interactive way to visualize the anatomy I am constantly assessing and treating in my practice. It may be especially helpful for SLPs who perform FEES studies, and those who work frequently with vocal fold dysfunction and upper airway disorders/injuries.
Of course, the CME feature is not applicable to me (but an excellent idea!), but it's an addicting simulation none-the-less, in addition to being educational, as noted above.
May I suggest to the developers that an app such as this for SLPs would likely be well received? ;)
This app is amazing! It actually helped me to intubate a little boy at Walmart when he needed to be bagged(long story). It’s great and it taught me how to intubate and went on to help me save a little boys life. Now maybe we could add some more challenging patients? Make it feel more realistic? Hear the patient breathing or stuff like that? I know it’s not going to look 100% realistic but less of a cartoony feel would be perfect! Maybe I’m just picky but the app is just amazing!
So after using this app during CRNA school I got several compliments on my technique/skills driving the fiber-optic for several intubations. Thanks!... below is my original review after using the app only a few months. Now having used it for over a year I can fully say that this app is an amazing idea/trainer.
- Level Ex, Inc.
- 181.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Level Ex, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.