AisleFinder Shopping List Creator /Supermarket GPS
By Curtiss Pope
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AisleFinder helps shoppers create shopping lists and find the in-store location of items on their shopping lists.
15000+ Stores, Over One Million products.
AisleFinder enhances your shopping experience.
If you like us use the #FindYourFood hashtag on twitter and tell us what you think.
Stores include:Wal-Mart(Walmart),CostCo,Safeway,Kroger,Wegmans,Trader Joe's,Whole Foods
AisleFinder has been featured in the following publications/blogs/news outlets
CNN | USA Today | Wall Street Journal | BET
TechCrunch |NPR|Food Network Magazine| ReadWriteWeb | Microsoft |VentureBeat| CNET| Scobleizer | CNN Money | Retail TouchPoints | Black Enterprise | Food + Tech Connect | Black Web 2.0 | PC Magazine| Loop21
What's New in Version 5.0
-Add Your Own Store
-Tutorial to help New Users
-Support for IOS 7 Devices
Great premise, but very poor user experience. I’m on an iPhone 5 with the latest OS updates. I found it to be generally slow and awkward. Also, be sure to check which stores are available in your city before determining how much time you want to invest in this. My city (Oakland) currently only has Lucky’s and FoodMaxx.
Here are some specifics on my experience:
- Pressing Return doesn’t commit your entries, you have to click on “Done"
- Shopping list didn’t refresh until I created a duplicate list
- Grocery item search results are difficult to sort through (e.g., search for Olive Oil and try to find your options for plain virgin olive oil, it’s buried behind things like “San Luis Rosemary And Olive Oil Bread”. Searching for bread is even worse.)
- App hung after adding my first grocery item
- After terminating and re-launching the app, it took a minute or two to load my grocery lists but failed because it hadn’t stored my account or allowed me to log back in yet.
I have to agree with everybody else here. This has a horrible user interface. I managed to create the user list one time, but then it crashed. When I tried logging back in, it would not show me my list anymore. The user login page kept displaying.
Furthermore, the comment about a search item being buried within a list of many different items is true. It was difficult to find anything.
Finally, the aisle data is not even correct. I looked it up at a local Safeway, and the aisle data is wrong. I was so frustrated and disappointed at this.
I would not download this app.
Nice tutorial...but there's nothing else. No really, I went through the tutorial, but the app doesn't function at all. You simply can not do anything other than view the tutorial. I read the other negative reviews but I thought I would try it anyway, I guess I should have trusted the other negative reviews. Save your time. You have been warned.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Shopping
- Updated: Jan 17, 2014
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Curtiss Pope
- © 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.