By Cox Media Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get Atlanta’s News Now with this free iPhone application from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The application requires the device to have iOS7 or higher installed and be at least an iPhone5 or higher to properly operate.
What's New in Version 5.1.0
• Choose from categories like local news, sports, entertainment and neighborhoods from The Atlanta Journal -Constitution. Only your selected news will display in the app.
• View all your customized content in one view, and scroll through the news with a swipe of a finger. In addition, you can navigate between full screen articles, view photo galleries and videos related to a story, and view weather and traffic at a touch.
• Submit news tips and app ideas directly through the app.
• Receive breaking news alerts and notifications on content that is important to you.
• Opt-in and opt-out at any point inside the app.
Terrible Update, you have lost a user
I had relied on this app for several years for quick, easy, convenient access to local news and sports stories. I guess the new update was an attempt to make it more hip and modern with the tiled organization. Bad decision. The new app organizes stories very poorly and eliminated what made the previous app great: quick, easy, convenient access. Sorry, but in addition to the app still crashing (which I was willing to tolerate with the old version), I don't have time to scroll through my phone all day looking for a story I might want to click on and read. Really bad update and I have deleted this app. 1 star because I can't give it zero stars.
I lived in the Atlanta area for over 40 years. After moving away, I hoped this app would be a good way to keep up with activities and events in the area. The previous version worked fairly well for a while, and then began crashing every time you opened an article. I waited patiently for it to be fixed. This edition has a totally different look and feel from the previous version, but alas, the app still crashes when you try to read an article! Looks like they changed everything but what needed to be changed. Gave it another chance, but now I've dumped it permanently.
The update actually looks modern now, but it's impossible to zero in on anything. Everything is mush mashed and scattered across the app. Sure you can set what sections show up, but then they are still scattered around the app. While looking at the headlines the big AJC logo floats on top of whatever is in the bottom left obscuring the view. Whoever made this was trying way to hard to make it different and sacrificed usability. This does nothing but decrease my use of the app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 22, 2015
- Version: 5.1.0
- Size: 37.2 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Cox Media Group, Inc
- © 2014 Cox Media Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.