By Cox Media Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get Atlanta’s News Now with this free iPhone application from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The application requires the device to have iOS7 or higher installed and be at least an iPhone5 or higher to properly operate.
• Choose from categories like local news, sports, entertainment and neighborhoods from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Only your selected news will display in the app.
• View all your customized content in one view, and scroll through the news with a swipe of a finger. In addition, you can navigate between full screen articles, view photo galleries and videos related to a story, and view weather and traffic at a touch.
• Submit news tips and app ideas directly through the app.
• Receive breaking news alerts and notifications on content that is important to you.
• Opt-in and opt-out at any point inside the app.
What's New in Version 5.1.1
• Stability improvements for iOS7
• Various minor bug fixes
Too busy, hard to navigate
The new app (May 2015) seems a little more stable than the last one. However, navigation is a total pain in the new format. When you click on a story to read, and then try to go back to the main page, you go to the top of the page every time, regardless of how far you had scrolled down before opening the story. Also, when you get to the bottom and click "load more stories," it takes you back to the top every time.
This app takes forever to load, and crashes every single time I start reading a story. It was bad before, but they've added ads within the stories and this seems to be what makes it crash. It's now completely worthless. Also the characterization of stories under the different categories. You can see the same story under local, business, and celebrities.
You keep the same stories up on this app forever . I wish you had not changed it . Now it is like AJC online which I hardly ever read because of the layout and the old stories . Before the update was viewing it several times a day but not now. It is not all that user friendly .
Hard to find anything
This is one of the worst apps. I get a notification about a breaking news story, I click on the notification a s it just takes me to the main front page of the app where I cannot find anything about the story that was in the notification. Nothing is laid out in a logical easy to find way. Don't waste your time.
- Category: News
- Updated: May 15, 2015
- Version: 5.1.1
- Size: 37.2 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Cox Media Group, Inc
- © 2014 Cox Media Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.