By Cox Media Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get Atlanta’s News Now with this free iPhone application from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The application requires the device to have iOS7 or higher installed and be at least an iPhone5 or higher to properly operate.
• Choose from categories like local news, sports, entertainment and neighborhoods from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Only your selected news will display in the app.
• View all your customized content in one view, and scroll through the news with a swipe of a finger. In addition, you can navigate between full screen articles, view photo galleries and videos related to a story, and view weather and traffic at a touch.
• Submit news tips and app ideas directly through the app.
• Receive breaking news alerts and notifications on content that is important to you.
• Opt-in and opt-out at any point inside the app.
What's New in Version 5.1.2
o Various bug fixes
o Push alerts will now deeplink to the specific story rather than the news feed
o Push alerts are supported on the Apple Watch
Blurry trainwreck of a splash screen remains interminably while what should be just a few KB of text (but is probably every Kylie Jenner photo taken since her birth in HD) transfers. You can tell it to e.g. not show you sports but app does not care...a plane crash on the interstate is just as important as some 18-year-old has settled on Vandy. Multiple copies of near-identical stories. Needless photos included in with headlines in tiles whose screen coverage amount seems to have been chosen at random; Ebola patient arrives gets 1/8 screen while latest LOVE AND HIP HOP development gets 1/3. Needs to be as streamlined and thoughtfully ordered as the print edition can be ripped in half by a two-year-old.
Could definitely use some usability upgrades
When I'm reading the news and get to the bottom of the list, I'm offered the opportunity to load more stories. After the button is pressed, rather than just continue with the additional stories the app goes back to the top of the first page and I have to then scroll back through everything I've read to get to the newly added articles. Makes no sense and wastes time with redundant scrolling.
Terrible . . .terrible upgrade
I used to read the AJC app every day until a few months ago, when they upgraded it. I tried the new app faithfully and always found myself sorting through stories and pictures I have no interest in, never getting to the stories I wanted to read. I never use it now. The only reason I opened it up today was to see if they had fixed anything of the problems, or went back to the old app. This is the worst app upgrade I have ever seen in the hundreds of apps on my device.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 23, 2015
- Version: 5.1.2
- Size: 37.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cox Media Group, Inc
- © 2014 Cox Media Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.