By Cox Media Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get Atlanta’s News Now with this free iPhone application from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The application requires the device to have iOS7 or higher installed and be at least an iPhone5 or higher to properly operate.
• Choose from categories like local news, sports, entertainment and neighborhoods from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Only your selected news will display in the app.
• View all your customized content in one view, and scroll through the news with a swipe of a finger. In addition, you can navigate between full screen articles, view photo galleries and videos related to a story, and view weather and traffic at a touch.
• Submit news tips and app ideas directly through the app.
• Receive breaking news alerts and notifications on content that is important to you.
• Opt-in and opt-out at any point inside the app.
What's New in Version 5.1.2
o Various bug fixes
o Push alerts will now deeplink to the specific story rather than the news feed
o Push alerts are supported on the Apple Watch
DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS APP!
I have a digital subscription to AJC & usually use the iPad app to read the news, but that is not an option on iPhone. All I want is the ability to quickly check on stories which may have broken or have been updated since I last checked the iPad version. This app fails in all ways. It allows you select topics of interest, but does not allow you to change the order in which they appear. If you reach the bottom of the vomitus & ask for more stories, the app reloads & takes you back to the beginning of all the stories you've read/bypassed. Sorry, AJC advertisers, I'm deleting this from my phone.
Blurry trainwreck of a splash screen remains interminably while what should be just a few KB of text (but is probably every Kylie Jenner photo taken since her birth in HD) transfers. You can tell it to e.g. not show you sports but app does not care...a plane crash on the interstate is just as important as some 18-year-old has settled on Vandy. Multiple copies of near-identical stories. Needless photos included in with headlines in tiles whose screen coverage amount seems to have been chosen at random; Ebola patient arrives gets 1/8 screen while latest LOVE AND HIP HOP development gets 1/3. Needs to be as streamlined and thoughtfully ordered as the print edition can be ripped in half by a two-year-old.
Could definitely use some usability upgrades
When I'm reading the news and get to the bottom of the list, I'm offered the opportunity to load more stories. After the button is pressed, rather than just continue with the additional stories the app goes back to the top of the first page and I have to then scroll back through everything I've read to get to the newly added articles. Makes no sense and wastes time with redundant scrolling.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 23, 2015
- Version: 5.1.2
- Size: 37.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cox Media Group, Inc
- © 2014 Cox Media Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.