Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A fresh, redesigned app experience, making your trusted local news faster and easier to read.
• Touch-driven, simple design with easy to read text.
• View and share opinions with article comments
• Notification options for receiving Breaking News
• Enhanced photos and videos for optimal viewing experience
• Top story and top video carousels to browse the most important stories
• Navigation menu allows easy access to the most important sections, while allowing a deeper dive into your favorite sections, and teams.
What's New in Version 3.5.3
We’ve heard your feedback, and we're happy to present the largest revision to the app yet.
The 3.5 version of the app has the following features and fixes:
• Greater reliability. We eliminated bugs and improved stability and performance.
• Improved loading time. We have greatly decreased the time it takes to open the app and load the latest news.
• Enhanced sharing. We now use the standard sharing function, so you can easily share stories via whatever apps are installed on your phone.
• Improved Push Notifications. Swipe a Push Notification, and it will now take you right into the correct story – no more hunting around.
• Improved video playback. We now support landscape mode for video playback and eliminated an annoying issue that would sometimes mute videos.
• Much more. In short, we’ve fixed hundreds of bugs and upgraded key libraries for increased compatibility.
Thanks for your feedback, and please keep it coming: Use the “Contact Us” function under “About” in the app to let us know how you like 3.5, and what you’d like to see next.
We hope you enjoy the app, and more improvements are yet to come.
Figured I would give it another try when I got my new phone last month...
...but just reminded me of how far this once indispensable app has fallen. Ads galore, especially in the "slide show" stories and in videos. Ohhh, how I miss the old version from 2012 or so! Would pay for that one!
UPDATE: was able to keep "old," (maybe early spring 2014 or so?) app on other phone, but they quit "supporting" right around New Year 2015. Tried update, and, again, wish I could give this 0 stars. What a shame! Took great app and have made it worse and worse to the point of being unusable.
Ditto on other reviews.
Went from being the "go to" app for Alabama news to the latest "gotta go" app.
This may surpass even Adobe and Acrobat in taking what was once a useful/usable program and making it worse with each update.
At least this reminds me that I have to turn off automatic app updates!
What a disaster.
Slideshows don't work. Ads replay if you resize video.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 25, 2016
- Version: 3.5.3
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alabama Live LLC
- © Alabama Media Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.