The most advanced Arabic-English and English-Arabic dictionary by the oldest and largest publishing and distribution house of Arabic books and educational materials in the Arab world. The dictionary contains more than 33,000 words with many related appendices.
The app's unique functionality, dictionary content and 100 articles are fully available to preview. With such option you will know for sure that Al-Mawrid Al-Qareeb Arabic-English-Arabic dictionary is exactly what you need.
TRY SMART TRANSLATION ENGINE
• Look up words while reading in Safari. Highlight any text and send it to the dictionary via the “Share” button. Please first enable the dictionary as a Safari 'extension'.
• Multiple clipboard look-up! You can now copy as many words as you need while reading – even the whole text, - switch back to the dictionary app and view all the relevant dictionary entries one-by-one.
• Full text search allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords, idioms and usage examples.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Search for anagrams, e.g . tab-bat
• English morphology module to translate words in any grammatical form.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
LEARN LANGUAGES WITH THE DICTIONARY
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers to master your spoken language skills.
• Full linguistic information – with declension and conjugation tables – is included, making the dictionary a must-have for any language scholar of English.
• Table of English irregular verbs.
• Favorite articles to quickly access and revise frequently searched words.
• Flash Card Quiz lets you add new words to flash cards, memorize them and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• Handy Converter support to easily and quickly understand foreign measurements, especially when travelling abroad.
ENJOY THE MOST COMFORTABLE WORK
• Built-in PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition to enter your queries even more comfortable.
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• No Internet connection required.
• Arabic keyboard support.
About Dar El Ilm Group
Dar El Ilm Lilmalayin is the oldest and largest leading privately owned publishing and distribution house of Arabic books and educational materials in the Arab world. It is also the first and major Arabic electronic multimedia producer company in the Arab world. Several of Dar El Ilm Lilmalayin's books have become record-breaking best sellers. These include: "Al Mawrid English-Arabic dictionary", and "Al Mawrid Arabic-English dictionary", both universally acknowledged and considered as the most popular and authoritative Arabic bilingual dictionaries; and "Alif Baa El Tabkh", and "Halwayat El Alam Fi Baytik", the most popular Arabic cookery books in the world.
Please visit www.malayin.com for more information
الملاحق المتعلقة بهذه المصطلحات.
قاعدة بيانات القاموس تتضمن 33000 مصطلح.
وحدة صوت باللغة الإنكليزية تتضمن أكثر من 20000 تسجيل لناطقين باللغة الأم.
تسجيل شفهي لناطقين باللغة الأصلية.
إستخدام هذا القاموس لا يتطلب الإتصال بشبكة الإنترنت سوى مرة واحدة من أجل تنزيله ويمكن بعدها إسترجاع المعلومات في أي وقت ومكان من دون اية تكاليف إضافية.
وصلات بين المحتويات والإرشادات.
بحث مطوّل حول أخر أحدث 100 مصطلح
لائحة بالمصطلحات المتشابهة لتفادي حالات التهجئة الخاطئة
وحدة مورفولوجية المصطلحات للترجمة بأي شكل نحوي.
بدائل حول البحث في حال لم يكن المستخدم متأكداً من تهجئة المصطلح. يمكنك إستخدام علامة الإستفهام "؟" أو مفتاح النجمة "*" كبديل للأحرف الناقصة.
بطاقات كلمات للإختبار تساعدك على إختبار معلوماتك عدة مرّات.
دعم لوحة المفاتيح العربية.
minor bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Works for me
I’m genuinely not sure why this app has so many bad reviews. I’ve used it for my on-the-go language needs for three years, including during two years of language school. If a person has a knowledge of the Arabic root system you can usually at least find the general meaning of the word, if not its exact definition. And actually the dictionary is not arranged by Arabic root which, as an English speaker, makes it easier to use (in my opinion). My only complaints are 1) a few spelling errors in the English definitions 2) sometimes when my phone disconnects from wifi it sends me to a weird screen and acts like it’s not going to work anymore...but it still does work.
The original al-Mawrid
I have paid 40 or 45 US dollars for the app of the original full version of al Mawrid, which is by all means the best Arabic English dictionary ever published. Unfortunately, the company never updated the app and now it stopped working with the latest Apple updates. I avoided all last ten updates just to keep the dictionary but i finally gave up. This app of al Mawrid al Qarib with all the bad feedback it is getting is not worth buying. They should offer it for free until it is worth buying. I would prefer to pay once again $50 or even $ 100 for the full version of al Mawrid if they launch it again. It had some technical issues and typos but it was better than any other Arabic English dictionaries. All other available dictionaries are not worth a penny.
Better Dictionary by simply bigger data
I wonder why this company doesn't make an app for the Al-Mawrid Al-Akbar that allow students to have a massive dictionary in their pockets.. and whatever the price of such app will be, it is going to be much better than a big book with very thin papers that make it really hard to handle and use..
- Paragon Technologie GmbH
- 95.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2016 Paragon Software Group
- In-App Purchases
- Al-Mawrid Al-Qareeb Arabic-English-Arabic Dictionary $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.