SEVERE WEATHER ALERTING – WHERE IT MATTERS, WHEN IT MATTERS.
The Alabama SAF-T-Net® app alerts you to impending weather danger at locations like home, work or your kids’ school, so you can protect your family by knowing what’s coming—up to 15 minutes before the storm hits. It’s also a great year-round weather app, compete with current conditions, forecasts and an easy-to-use weather map with radar, satellite imagery and more.
Choose to receive any or all of these alert types:
• Special Baron alerts for dangerous storms approaching, as well as “twisting” storms that may cause tornadoes
• National Weather Service storm-based warnings for tornadoes, severe thunderstorms and flash floods
• Integrated weather alerts with Baron Tornado Index (BTI) rankings for up to four locations, including your current location
• Current and forecast conditions based on city, zip code or your current location
• Nationwide radar, satellite imagery, temperature and more
• User submission of storm photos to local emergency management offices
• Interactive weather map with pan and zoom
• National Hurricane Center (NHC) track forecast cones
• 3 and 7-day forecasts in both quick view and detailed formats
• National Weather Service county and storm-based warnings on the map
FEATURING THE BARON TORNADO INDEX® (BTI)
The Baron-exclusive alerts are accompanied by a simple 1-to-10 ranking on the likelihood of a tornado within the approaching storm cell. Called the Baron Tornado Index (BTI), this ranking is more local and accurate than regional alerts.
USE IT EVERY DAY
The Alabama SAF-T-Net app is also a powerful everyday weather app, with nationwide radar, forecasts, satellite imagery, current conditions and more. An easy-to-use slider lets you scan through the next 24 hours of forecasted conditions, so you can see what the weather will be like at times and locations important to you.
***NOTE FOR CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS TO TEXT MESSAGES, EMAILS AND VOICE CALLS FROM ALABAMA SAF-T-NET: To avoid receiving duplicate alerts from the app and your existing text/email/voice account, please text “stop” to 61872, or log in to your web-based account to disable your current alerts.
Visit the FAQ page at www.alabamasaftnet.com to learn how to disable alerts. It is recommended that you configure alerts in the app before disabling your original account to prevent disruption in alerting service. You can configure your weather notifications in the app by tapping the Alabama SAF-T-Net logo at the top-left of the screen, then tapping “SAF-T-Net Alerts” in the resulting menu tab. Then tap “Settings” at the top-right to set your preferences.
• Locations for forecast data/map data and SAF-T-Net alerts are now all handled in a centralized location.
• The user’s selected locations are now consistent across forecasts and alerts, and don’t need to be managed independently.
• SAF-T-Net alerts are now toggled on for the user’s location upon app install. New locations added also have SAF-T-Net alerts automatically turned on.
• Users can now choose whether to receive alerts from each separate location.
• When a user clicks an alert notification, they are now taken to the map page showing the last viewed data product for that alert location.
• A new 7-day forecast includes a written forecast for both day and night time.
Ratings and Reviews
The new update is too clunky.
I loved the app before the update. Now the radar map is too slow, the new layout is confusing, and everything just seems sort of compressed. The app used to be very accessible and streamlined, but now it takes me a few tries to find what im looking for. And did I mention the radar is waaaay too slow? It takes ten years to load, and then when it does, the radar moves too slow to track storms effectively.
Please fix this!
New UI needs some work
Locations that I had set up are gone :( Also, why can't I delete locations any more? Home page seems useless, why not land on currents / forecast and save users an extra click?
The app was great until the updated the radar and map. Went to a satellite type view. It is hard to tell where roads or even state lines are now. Loads slow too. Used to be my go-to weather app. Not now.
- Baron Services, Inc.
- 83.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2017 Baron Services, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.