By Overhead Door Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Aladdin Connect is a smartphone-enabled garage door controller activated from anywhere via the home's Wi-Fi connection. This connection eases the worry of "did I close my garage door", as it controls and monitors the status (opened or closed) of your garage door from anywhere. Aladdin Connect is installed easily and can be programmed for customization in minutes via a free, downloaded application.
* Aladdin connect controls and monitors your garage door opener with compatible smartphones, serving as an on-line, remote connection to your opener
* Connection provides extra peace of mind via the monitor which indicates if the door is opened or closed
* Smartphone-enabled garage door controller includes a door control module plus a door position sensor (operates 1 door)
* Aladdin connect controls up to 3 garage doors with additional sensors sold separately
* Works with most garage door openers manufactured since 1993
* For simple installation, download the free application and follow the instructions
Requires purchase and installation of a Door Control Monitor system.
Please see the "What's New" section for the Video Tutorial and Support web links.
What's New in Version 1.8.16
- various bug fixes
- performance enhancements
- updates to shared access
App needs work
Install was quick and easy. App seems to work I just wish I didn't have to keep signing in every time I go to use the app. It says I am not logged in, what's that all about. The app seems like even if I am not logged in it will still operate the doors. Support is hard to get hold of also. I would of given five stars but since I could not get hold of support during their hours of operation and the fact that the app does not stay logged in in dropped the rating down to 2.
December 10 update
So far the system seems to be working better than I was initially expecting. I don't seem to have to log in all the time like in the beginning. I am raising my star rating to 4 after having some time to evaluate. The hardware was easy to install and the app seems more stable than before, therefore I can raise my star rating. I would like to see an update that would allow me to open and close the doors from my iWatch.
Needs lock feature desperately
The app is very basic. Setup was easy enough. The app needs the ability to lock the manual buttons on the door so it cannot be opened or closed, perhaps a timed lock that can be set. If I go on vacation, or simply go to work, I'd like to be able to lock out the manual buttons until I unlock them or the timeout ends.
It is a basic product that allows you to open and close. Needs more features like auto close, air out garage (open garage door slightly for 15 min then close) and integration with Ifttt. To start with.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 22, 2016
- Version: 1.8.16
- Size: 26.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Overhead Door Corporation
- © 2016 Genie Company. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.