With an Alarm.com-enabled security system, you can monitor and control your home or business in real-time and from anywhere - from your iPhone, iPad, or your Apple Watch. Alarm.com’s interactive security, video monitoring, energy management, and home automation solutions give you instant awareness and remote control for the places you care about most.
With Apple Watch support, your home is always at your fingertips, and on your wrist. Glances let you quickly see home status, and through the watch app you can control your key devices and even view live video from your home.
Note: This app requires a compatible system and an interactive Alarm.com service plan. Feature availability varies based on system, equipment, and service plan. Visit www.alarm.com for more information.
• See what’s happening at your property
• Arm or disarm your security panel
• Watch live video and recorded clips from your security cameras
• Turn on or off lights
• Set the ideal temperature
• Lock or unlock doors
• View images of important activity captured by Alarm.com image sensors
• Search your complete system event history
• And much more!
With Alarm.com, you can also receive real-time email, text message, and push notifications for the specific events that matter to you. Beyond important emergency related events, you can also immediately know when:
• Your kids get home from school
• You left for work or vacation and forgot to arm your system
• The housekeeper arrives or leaves
• The garage door is left open
• The dog walker or cat sitter arrives
• There's flooding or a water leak in your basement
• Your children open your medicine or liquor cabinets
• Someone changes your thermostat settings
• Your security system is disarmed (and who disarmed it)
• Someone attempts to log into your account
• And much more!
• Under App Settings, iOS 12 users can now set up voice shortcuts to control the alarm system via Siri. You can also choose to share your in-app activity so that Siri can recommend commonly used actions on your lock screen, or Spotlight Search.
• Minor enhancements / fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The Alarm Guys
I had a Vivint alarm system that drove me nuts for 5 months. Had to call them 14 times for service and out of 14 they only came out 6 of them. The other 8 had a 4 hour window that I sat at home, lost money because I wasn’t at work, And They Never Showed Up!!!! And They Never Called. They were Terrible. I found The Alarm Guys and had them come out. What a difference a hard working service company makes. They were here in the morning and finished the job in one day. The techs had a issue with my door bell cam and next thing I knew the owner and his brother were at my house and resolved the issue. Where else do you get that kind of loyalty and commitment. I can answer that, No where!!, never!!. They run their company hands on. So I very highly recommend The Alarm Guys to anyone wanting a very good alarm and camera system.
They are the best.
No Homekit support
The lack of homekit support is really starting to get troublesome. This is the only integrated device to not support homekit, and is therefore the only thing in my house not included in my homekit automations. Honestly if they just added this one thing the app would go from one to five stars for me, since its usefulness would increase exponentially.
Really hope to see this added soon...
Edit: Gotta say, thank you very much to the developers for answering my review so quickly. That’s literally never happened before and it really shows how seriously they take input from their customers! I really do hope that homekit gets added soon, but I had to bump up my review a few stars in light of this response. Knowing that they’re listening to their customers gives me much, much more confident in the platform and it’s future. Keep up the good work and hope to see this added in the future!
Also, thank you for being willing to add a couple stars back. It is appreciated and we will keep working toward earning the last two stars here. We look forward to hearing from you again.
Good overall but no HomeKit and buggy AppleWatch support drag the rating down.
I have a good experience using this app with our alarm vendor. On the iPhone the app tends to work well and is responsive. The arming reminders are great and very helpful.
I was hoping by now they would have offered HomeKit integration. I see they have just added support for Siri shortcuts which could be a solution, but it doesn’t look like I can use the Apple Shortcuts app to create a workflow that disarms the house as part of a multi step process.
The AppleWatch app is also a bit buggy. Most of the time I get a connection error when launching the app on my phone. It could be some connectivity issue but I can usually pull my phone out of my bike bag and use the phone app right away unlike the watch app.
You can definitely use the Shortcuts app to integrate Alarm.com into your Homekit workflow. However, the shortcuts won’t appear until you first run them through Siri. Once you do they will become available in your Shortcuts Siri Suggestions if you search for Alarm.com. We would be happy to help you get this process started. Also, we are sorry to hear about your Apple Watch experience and would love to help you troubleshoot this as well. Please contact us at Questions@Alarm.com and if you include "iOS App Review" in the subject line, our support team will be able to prioritize your message.
- 169.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Dutch, French, Hebrew, Icelandic, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Alarm.com Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.