Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now with Apple Watch!
With an Alarm.com-enabled security system, you can monitor and control your home or business in real-time and from anywhere - from your iPhone, iPad, or your Apple Watch. Alarm.com’s interactive security, video monitoring, energy management, and home automation solutions give you instant awareness and remote control for the places you care about most.
With Apple Watch support, your home is always at your fingertips, and on your wrist. Glances let you quickly see home status, and through the watch app you can control your key devices and even view live video from your home.
Note: This app requires a compatible system and an interactive Alarm.com service plan. Feature availability varies based on system, equipment, and service plan. Visit www.alarm.com for more information.
• See what’s happening at your property
• Arm or disarm your security panel
• Watch live video and recorded clips from your security cameras
• Turn on or off lights
• Set the ideal temperature
• Lock or unlock doors
• View images of important activity captured by Alarm.com image sensors
• Search your complete system event history
• And much more!
With Alarm.com, you can also receive real-time email, text message, and push notifications for the specific events that matter to you. Beyond important emergency related events, you can also immediately know when:
• Your kids get home from school
• You left for work or vacation and forgot to arm your system
• The housekeeper arrives or leaves
• The garage door is left open
• The dog walker or cat sitter arrives
• There's flooding or a water leak in your basement
• Your children open your medicine or liquor cabinets
• Someone changes your thermostat settings
• Your security system is disarmed (and who disarmed it)
• Someone attempts to log into your account
• And much more!
What's New in Version 4.1
• Commercial customers can now access Commercial Reports and view Location Open/Close Status based on Business Hours (e.g., “Opened Late” or “Closed Early”).
• Pinch to digitally zoom in or out of a particular area of interest on the live view camera feed.
• Other minor enhancements / fixes
This was one of my favorite apps until the previous upgrade came through. Now all of my empower devices (lights, locks and thermostats) cannot be controlled via the app. They appear in the app, but since the upgrade they no longer respond to commands. I asked my alarm company to perform a "Re-discover all devices", but it didn't help. Please fix!
UPDATE - the latest upgrade fixed my issue and also added the video pinch zoom which is great. All good again!
Is it working
We have had our system almost a year now. It seems like the app has a problem communicating with the actual system.
I've had techs out even an executive from the alarm provider but the same problem persists. The app isn't communicating if doors are open or closed. If the doors show closed they may actually be open. And Vice versa. So I've had to add the option to get a text every time the door opens or closes. So now my inbox is flooded.
In addition it seems like it takes the app a very long time to activate or deactivate the alarm. It doesn't seem to matter where I am at, weather I'm home or not home it takes a long time. Sometimes up to 4+ minutes. I was told that it was my telephone carrier and the lack of signal, but that's not proven true.
My biggest question is why do I pay a monthly fee for an application on my phone and it doesn't work properly? Given the alternative of either an alarm fob or having to run out of the house it's the worst of all the evils.
Setting up new devices
We recently added a garage door opener, thermostat and second lock to our system. We cannot see how we lived before integrating these devices and can't wait to add more. We use our schedules to regulate our home temperature and our electric bill has gone down $200 so far! This could also be attributed to the warm weather but I think some credit should go to the newly installed thermostat.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 11, 2017
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 107 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Alarm.com
- © 2015 Alarm.com Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes