The Albany Times Union, reimagined for iPad.
Get the smart reporting, award-winning photos, trusted team of columnists and second-to-none coverage of the Capital Region that you expect from the Times Union, completely redesigned for iPad.
Albany Times Union for iPad gives readers what they want, when they want it and where they want it, including:
- First pick of premium content that you can’t get on timesunion.com
- Local news from the capitol and throughout greater Albany, including updates throughout the day
- Up-to-the-second, customizable traffic and weather reports
- The daily funnies in a Comics section updated every day
- Searchable archives of the Albany Times Union and timesunion.com
- Dazzling photo galleries and 360-degree panoramas
- Blogs from the Times Union’s team of trusted experts and columnists
- Great entertainment features
- A seven-day archive of editions for the iPad
It’s all in an exciting, digital format delivered instantly every day to your iPad.
Subscribing to Albany Times Union for iPad:
Downloading the app is free. New users can use the app for 14 days free.
If you would like to subscribe, you can select a monthly ($5.99) or annual ($59.99) subscription.
When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase. Any unused portion of your free period will be forfeited at time of purchase.
Your subscription will auto-renew unless you turn this off 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
* Fixed obituaries bug on iOS 9.3+
* Performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Better than paper
I have read the App six days a week and the paper on Sundays for the last few years. I like the simple fast way you can move from article to article on the left navigation bar. I like that we get to see many pictures where only one would be in print. I like that the iPad rests comfortably on my lap (with a keyboard stand) as compared to awkward newspaper.
Of course I have a wish list. Articles may lead to discussions on the web...i wish there was a link. The TU has some good blogs...why not put links to them in the navigation bar? And believe it or not, I would like to see more advertising...i enjoy learning about small local businesses via ads, but this app only has a few from regional-size businesses.
Worst app ever
Now, the app won’t even open on the latest iPad 9.7.
Previously— I have been sending the TU corrective suggestions for a couple of years, and the same problems continue to plague the iPad app.
Spillover of type has been corrected and then failed again and again. Recently, a new goof has appeared -- click on business and get sports.
Also, recently, there were entire sections missing. I have given up reporting these errors, because it's frustrating enough to have to deal with them and my reporting doesn't seem to matter enough to fix the problems permanently.
I thoroughly enjoy it. However, since the latest iOS upgrade, there is a glitch with the crosswords. Clues and arrows do not appear in the horizontal bar just below the puzzle. Thus, navigating is harder and some clues are too long to appear in their totality in the lists of clues. Thank you ahead of time for correcting that.
- Hearst Newspapers LLC
- 46 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2015 Hearst Newspapers, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Albany Times Union for iPad $5.99
- Albany Times Union for iPad $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.