By Jesse Youngblood
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AlbumSpotter helps you keep up to date with all the latest albums, singles and EPs by your favorite artists, quickly and easily!
After adding artists to the app (from your music library, last.fm account, or manually) you can quickly check their latest releases, and receive a push notification if they release something new!
Written by Jesse T Youngblood and Steven Abbagnaro (both of queraltinc.com, c2p.com and tooble.tv)
What's New in Version 1.1
* Push support- Receive a push notification every time an artist you like releases a new album!
* iOS 6 and iPhone 5 support- AlbumSpotter now looks great on the 4" display in the iPhone 5 and the new iPod Touch
* More Albums- See more recent and future albums by your artists
* Album details- You can now read release information and track lists for some albums without leaving the app!
* New Albums Feed- See the latest albums from all artists
* Zoom in on album artwork- Click on any album artwork to get a better view
* Significant performance and stability improvements
I've been waiting for this!
I've always wondered why iTunes hasn't had something like this. Works great-it scans your Music for artists (and you can add others manually) and it shows when the latest CDs have and will come out; so it shows future and past albums. Sometimes it takes awhile to scan your music, but hey, once it's done it does a great job! Love it!
Terrible, don't waste your time
How is it possible that an app can fail to load even once without crashing and still be allowed to be distributed on the App Store? Good idea for an app, terrible execution and horrible, horrible maintenance (I've had the app for several months and it crashes EVERY time I launch it and no updates have been released during this long period of time to fix this issue).
Great app to fill in the holes in your music library.
If you get hooked on a music genre and want to find more of that music stuck in your head, this is the app to use.