By Logitech Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Easily monitor and protect what matters most with the Logitech Alert™ Video Security System with an app designed specifically for your Mac. Install and configure your video security system, watch live video, store video on your computer and review recorded video.
Alert Commander provides valuable features that even a few professionals don’t have. Here’s what else you can do:
* Install your Logitech Alert camera system on any Mac (with OS version 10.6.8 or higher)
* Control and configure your video security system
* Manage up to 6 cameras
* View live and recorded video in HD resolution
* Set up motion zones for individual cameras
* Create and manage e-mail and mobile phone motion alerts
* Perform Digital Pan, Tilt and zoom
* Back up video stored on your cameras to your Mac
* Manage your account and security settings
* Receive desktop notification of important events
* Set schedules for when you want to receive motion notifications to your email or mobile device
Want to watch what’s happening right now? Live view lets you watch all of your cameras at the same time. So you can watch your front door, driveway, kitchen, backyard, entertainment room, and home office all at once, and all in HD resolution.
Need to see what happened in the past? Playback view lets you access and play previously recorded video clips. Pick any day from a calendar to view a timeline of recordings for that day.
The playback controls let you play, pause, step forward and back, and adjust playback speed between super slow and very fast.
MULTIPLE CAMERA DISPLAY VIEWS
Both live and playback screens can display your choice of viewing modes—single camera view, four-camera view, and all cameras view.
For more precise motion detection, and to reduce false alarms, you can specify up to 16 motion-detection zones within the frame—such as doors and windows.
ALERTS -- STAY AWARE ON THE GO
You can set up motion alerts to send text or images to your e-mail or mobile phone. You can even send alerts to more than one recipient.
You can focus in on certain areas within the viewing windows to see more detail or position the camera angle to where you need it.
AUTOMATIC Mac BACKUP
Worried about running out of space on your cameras? Don’t be. With Commander software installed, all the video on your cameras is backed up to your Mac when it is connected to your network. You can then review, archive, share or delete clips as needed. And since your cameras record only motion-triggered events by default, you can store months of audio and video.
Pop-out one or more of your live camera windows to keep a watchful eye while being productive. The camera window(s) can remain on your desktop or a second screen, while the main application is minimized so you can focus on other things.
Desktop notifications let you know whenever important events occur—like if motion in detected by one of your cameras—by displaying a pop-up message on you PC’s desktop. Messages include important information about the event as well as an image and an audible alert.
FREE WEB VIEWING
Log in to our secure site and watch live camera feeds from an Internet-connected computer, anywhere in the world. It’s as simple as visiting alert.logitech.com, and logging in with your account credentials.
FREE MOBILE VIEWING
Can’t get to a computer? It’s still easy to monitor your system on the go. Simply download one of our free apps on your iPhone®, iPad®, Android®, or BlackBerry® device and log in with your credentials.
NOTE: Snow Leopard (10.6.x) does not support custom selection of archive storage preferences.
NOTE: Alert Commander only supports Logitech Alert cameras, not WiLife cameras. Feedback is welcomed for Logitech Alert owners. However, please do not leave feedback if you do not have Logitech Alert cameras.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Added localized support for Dutch, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Bug fixes from version 1.0
Feels like we've waited a decade for this, but anyway it's here and it seems well written. As a 1.0 version, it's five stars and I'm sure they'll fix the sore spots. You can't close the window without quitting the app which is silly. Also, every time you run it, you have to answer a silly question about which site you want to manage which since they know there is only 1 site is completely superfluous and interrupts the flow of launching the app. Since 99% of the time, you're running it in order to monitor the cameras or even at startup, that's not appropriate. Regardless, those are in the end fairly minor for an app that looks solid and doesn't seem to leave out any significant features from the Windows side.
Am I the only one missing sound?
Been waiting for this since I switched to Mac earlier this summer. So far it does everything that it did on my PC except play sound. There is no sound in live view or in my recordings. When I go to the website, I get sound in both the live view and recordings. When the App launches, sound is defaulted to the lowest setting, but there is still nothing once I slide the bar all the way up. Other than that, I love having this ability on my Mac, finally.
Didnt realize I had to click on the live video feed of my only one and only camera to get the sound. Something I didnt have to do when I used the PC version. Got sound, given 5 stars now!
Finally here for the Mac but with issues
It's nice that Logitech FINALLY wrote this software for the Mac so I don't have to run it on a PC or VM of Windows anymore. However, the software is not without it's quirky issues.
1. If you have the Alert software running for awhile it tends to hang up where the video displays for the cameras will disappear in the Alert window. The cameras still work and even the recording is still being taken and downloaded to the Mac but you have to force quit the Alert Commander software and relaunch it for the cameras to display inside the software again.
2. Not so much a glitch but more of a "why in the world would they right it this way" kind of thing. When you launch the software it asks you to choose a camera site even if you only have one site to choose from. This is a waste of time and an inconvienence if you have the software auto launching upon login. Seems to me that if you only have one camera site then it should just launch to that site and if you actually have more than one site, then make you choose.
Overall I like the Mac version enough to give it 3 stars but if they'd fix the two items above it would be a MUCH better app.