By HelpAround Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Alert is the simplest way to call for help.
For anyone in distress, Alert sends alert text messages with the person's exact location to three emergency contacts, e.g. spouse or neighbor, and for Alert Premium subscribers, calls each one of them into a conference call.
It's that simple - no typing, no dialing, no texting. Plus, after alerting your emergency contacts, you can also call 911 (or any local emergency services) straight from the Alert app.
This can be particularly useful for people at risk of asthma attacks, dementia-related confusions, blood-sugar lows, allergic reactions, panic attacks, and more.
For both text messaging and conference calls, Alert uses WiFi or your data plan, so the app does not cut into voice minutes.
Alert has special features for diabetes patients: after alerting your emergency contacts, you can also choose to notify the local diabetes community, and an alert message will be sent in your name and current location to nearby users of the HelpAround Diabetes app.
And if your blood glucose monitor is connected to your iPhone, you can connect Alert to Apple's HealthKit to receive push notifications on out-of-range glucose readings; let us get your family on the line while you're digging in your bag for sugar!
Unlimited Alert conference calls are available under the following subscription options:
(1) $9.99 per month, or
(2) $99.99 per year.
Additional subscription information:
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
We need location access to provide more accurate info to your helpers, but, as with all apps of this type, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Our EULA can be found here: http://cdn.helparound.cc/alert/HelpAround%20Alert%20EULA.pdf
What's New in Version 1.4.4
Addressed an iPad issue that caused the app to be displayed incorrectly.
Fixed connectivity with the local diabetes community (Via the HelpAround app)
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Apr 21, 2017
- Version: 1.4.4
- Size: 131 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German, Hebrew, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Seller: HelpAround Inc
- © HelpAround Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Alert Premium (renewing) - monthly subscription$9.99
- Alert Premium (renewing) - Annual$99.99