By MeteoGroup Deutschland GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Be warned and be prepared! AlertsPro is the innovative app from MeteoGroup which forewarns of severe weather conditions such as storms, heavy rain, thunderstorms, hail, heavy snow, freezing rain and extreme temperatures.
Also behind the best selling WeatherPro app, MeteoGroup is one of the few private weather companies to operate its own Severe Weather Centres – including the very popular www.severe-weather-centre.co.uk. AlertsPro now brings this online warning service direct to your portable device with coverage of most of Europe (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the United Kingdom) and the USA (National Weather Service).
• Get push notifications whenever there are alerts
• Accurate, dependable warnings
• Warnings clearly displayed on a nationwide map
• Widget which displays the latest warnings for the chosen favourite
• Unlimited favourite locations and ‘Locate me’ function
• Social media share feature
• High-definition radar and satellite view
The Premium option allows you to choose which alert level you would like to be notified of, for each severe weather condition. You can activate the lightning layer, and animate the radar and satellite maps. When you long press on any coloured area on the warning map, further details of the severe weather for that location will be displayed. The Premium version also gives users a better viewing experience by removing all ads!
One subscription covers Premium services on all weather apps by MeteoGroup: WeatherPro, MeteoEarth and AlertsPro.
For more details please visit www.alertspro.com or our help center https://meteogroup.zendesk.com.
What's New in Version 2.3
• With the added altitude in the details page, users now have a better understanding for which height the warning is valid for.
• Users with an iPhone 6S or 6S Plus now have the chance for a quick look into the timeline of a favourite with 3D Touch.
• With the newest update, Split View multitasking is now supported. This enables you to work more productively as you can open and work in a second app without leaving the one you’re in.
• We have also fixed minor bugs which were reported via our help center.
We hope you enjoy AlertsPro and thank you for your feedback!
App still needs fine tuning
It's good that the Devs decided to include push notification with the normal purchase price of the app. Without them the app was a non-starter. And I do understand the challenge of finding the right balance of regular and premium features. Having said that, I will never be a fan of being reminded EVERY time I tap on certain icons that it is a premium feature...especially the pinch, spread two finger gesture. Touch screen users use that gesture like breathing. It's impossible to remember that when using this ONE app it will cause a massive splash screen to appear with a reminder (for the hundredth time) that the two finger gesture is a premium feature. Devs, surely you can come up with a better way to promote your premium service.
One last point, I recently went on a long road trip. Looking at the map I could see that I would be driving into severe weather because those areas were colored. But there were no icons to let me know what kind of alert. Heavy rain...excessive heat...tornado...zombie apocalypse...? My only option was to find cities within the alert areas, add them to my "favorites", and then check the list of favorites to see what the alert was for. That is crazy! Why can't the app contain the symbol for the type of alert within the colored area? Or is that a premium feature too?
I really like this company's products overall. But this alerts app still needs some fine tuning to compete in the very crowded weather app genre.
Lots of warnings
Warnings seem to be well done, but keep coming even after I have already read them once. They keep coming too often for me. Several times a day. Otherwise well done.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 27, 2016
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 45.1 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: MeteoGroup Deutschland GmbH
- © MeteoGroup
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium 12 Month$9.99
- Premium 3 Month$2.99