Alfred - Home Security Surveillance IP Camera
By Alfred Systems Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Is it necessary to spend bucks on surveillance cameras? You have a better option, with Alfred! Turn your unused smartphones to surveillance cameras for free. Your smartphone is definitely more versatile and powerful than IP cameras in the market. If you are looking for a home security solution, baby monitor, pet monitor or an IP cam, stop searching now that you have Alfred.
Video surveillance has never been easier. Install Alfred the mobile app on two smart phones. One is your Camera at your designated location and take the other one with you as a Viewer. Log in with the same Google account, and that’s it! You are now connected to your loved ones via WiFi or 3G/4G from anywhere in the world.
What’s so special about Alfred?
1. Alfred is friendly: Easy to use. No tutorial required at all.
2. Alfred supports multiple Viewers and multiple Cameras.
3. Alfred is always ready: Alfred minimizes the launch time. After you select your camera, you can see the secured location within 1-3 seconds even when you are using mobile connection.
4. Alfred is fast: With the P2P technologies in less than a second, Alfred connects you and the secured location with the shortest latency and the highest interactivity.
5. Alfred is efficient: Depending on your network speed, Alfred adjusts video quality so you have clearer images and lag-free streaming.
6. Alfred is helpful: You can remotely switch between front and rear cameras, turn on and off LED, and take snapshots.
How can Alfred serve you?
1. Attach a fisheye lens to your smartphone for a wide-angle view.
2. Don’t worry about power cords and sockets. A mobile battery or a power bank for your phone can solve the problem. Locate your Camera phone wherever you prefer.
3. It is suggested to locate your phone closer to a WiFi station to ensure stable connection.
4. Press “Save Power” to keep your Camera phone connected for longer.
5. Where a tripod or a camera stand is not available, you can set up the Camera phone and target at your designated direction easily with a mug.
6. Any unused smartphone can work as your Camera phone, start watching over your location 24/7, and send you alerts if something comes up.
Alfred provides two optional paid upgrades. Alfred Plus is a one-off payment that removes all ads from all the devices under the same account.
Alfred Premium, a monthly subscription service, charges 3.99 USD/month (local currency may apply). It offers HD viewing, recording, as well as ad removal. At the confirmation of upgrade, the payment will be charged to your iTunes Account. The account will be automatically charged for renewal unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the current subscription expires. You can manage your subscription and auto-renewal by going to Account Settings. The features of Alfred Premium are associated with the account you use to log in to Alfred (not your iTunes account), and are available to all devices logged in with the same account.
What's New in Version 1.8.4
Alfred’s latest iOS version fixes the glitch/green screen problem that happens when iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini 2/3 are used as Camera devices. The way Camera creates videos has been optimized so that they load faster. We also fixed some bugs and made some improvements, as we always do.
Slick app and super easy setup
I haven't tried the paid-for version yet but the free works very well. The setup was super easy and appears to work very well. It's nice to put some old tech back in service. Running on Droid X2 successfully. iPhone 5 doesn't work well in low light mode however. It gets a lot of noise in the camera transmission. Otherwise both phones work well with all other features!
Unreliable & Extremely intrusive ads
Every day gives multiple motion alarms, but when you tap on the notification somehow the "camera is disconnected." No matter if I tap as soon as I get notified. Most of the time "camera is disconnected" whenever I attempt to check the feed. They try to blame user wifi connection, but my camera phone is a foot from my router with excellent signal. Plus how can it sense motion yet be disconnected? Makes no sense.
Excellent app,already recommended to all my contacts,it is very functional and easy to use.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 19, 2017
- Version: 1.8.4
- Size: 52.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Alfred Systems Inc.
- © 2016 Alfred Systems Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Alfred Premium$3.99