Alfred - Home Security Surveillance IP Camera
By Alfred Systems Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Most Downloaded Security Camera App
Endorsed by 6 Million Families, including cops
Favored by caregivers to protect their jobs
Real-time Live Video Monitoring
Is it necessary to spend bucks on surveillance cameras? You have a better option, with Alfred! Turn your unused smartphones to surveillance cameras for free. Your smartphone is definitely more versatile and powerful than IP cameras in the market. If you are looking for a home security solution, baby monitor, pet monitor or an IP cam, stop searching now that you have Alfred. Video surveillance has never been easier. Install Alfred the mobile app on two smart phones. One is your Camera at your designated location and take the other one with you as a Viewer. Log in with the same Google account, and that’s it! You are now connected to your loved ones via WiFi or 3G/4G from anywhere in the world.
What’s so special about Alfred?
1. Alfred is friendly: Easy to use. No tutorial required at all.
2. Alfred supports multiple Viewers and multiple Cameras.
3. Alfred is always ready: Alfred minimizes the launch time. After you select your camera, you can see the secured location within 1-3 seconds even when you are using mobile connection.
4. Alfred is fast: With the P2P technologies in less than a second, Alfred connects you and the secured location with the shortest latency and the highest interactivity.
5. Alfred is efficient: Depending on your network speed, Alfred adjusts video quality so you have clearer images and lag-free streaming.
6. Alfred is helpful: You can remotely switch between front and rear cameras, turn on and off LED, and take snapshots.
How can Alfred serve you?
1. Attach a fisheye lens to your smartphone for a wide-angle view.
2. Don’t worry about power cords and sockets. A mobile battery or a power bank for your phone can solve the problem. Locate your Camera phone wherever you prefer.
3. It is suggested to locate your phone closer to a WiFi station to ensure stable connection.
4. Press “Save Power” to keep your Camera phone connected for longer.
5. Where a tripod or a camera stand is not available, you can set up the Camera phone and target at your designated direction easily with a mug.
6. Any unused smartphone can work as your Camera phone, start watching over your location 24/7, and send you alerts if something comes up.
Alfred Premium, a monthly subscription service, charges 3.99 USD/month (local currency may apply). It offers HD viewing, recording, as well as ad removal. At the confirmation of upgrade, the payment will be charged to your iTunes Account. The account will be automatically charged for renewal unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the current subscription expires. You can manage your subscription and auto-renewal by going to Account Settings. The features of Alfred Premium are associated with the account you use to log in to Alfred (not your iTunes account), and are available to all devices logged in with the same account.
What's New in Version 1.9.3
In the latest version of Alfred for iOS, you can mute the Viewer's speakers during live-viewing sessions! The ad-removal upgrade, Alfred Plus, is available as well. We also fixed some bugs and made some improvements, as we always do.
It was great, now, not so much
This worked great for a couple of months but since the last update, the HD quality motion detection is back to SD. I paid $4 a month for that and no ads but it seems now you have to pay extra to have the ads taken off. The standard viewing has also lost HD quality. I want it the way it was or I'll just look for another app.
7-24 Update clobbers camera
Since the 7-24 update, the cameras have been out via the app. I have to use a computer to see what's going on. It's still a good app, as any motion detected still captures the video and that video is still viewable. It's just the live view that the update messed up.
I use this as a Mommy camera for my elderly parent. I love how this app works But I have had to reinstall to get current notifications. This is one of the Most important features to me. I need to know when she gets up due to frequent falls. I may need to check out other apps ☹️
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jul 24, 2017
- Version: 1.9.3
- Size: 50.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Alfred Systems Inc.
- © 2017 Alfred Systems Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Alfred Premium$3.99
- Alfred Premium 12 months$29.99
- Alfred Plus$16.99