Become an inventor with Algodoo - Start designing and testing your ideas in seconds. Algodoo is endless fun for any age to create, play & learn physics!
In a simulated “real” world you can build, play and make your inventions come alive. With simple drawing tools, objects like gears, motors, lasers, springs, ropes, and even water, you can test wacky ideas, build amazing machines and design cool games. Easily share your beautiful creations with friends and challenge them to use their own creative minds.
The simulation methods are based on cutting edge technology and also used by Algoryx in advanced engineering simulations, movie visual effects and virtual realitys simulators! In Algodoo they come in a irrestible format accessible for everyone.
ALGODOO IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE iPad!
Algodoo includes the following features:
◉ For drawing and building
Algodoo comes with an abundance of tools for constructing, building and creating your designs.
• Use the unique Sketch tool - an all-in-one tool with gestures for multi drawing and editing - that makes your workflow quick and easy.
• Or draw your creations with basic tools like Circles, Boxes, Polygons, Planes, Gears, Ropes & Chains.
• Make your inventions truly unique by adding physics like Springs, Axles, Thrusters, Lasers, Fixates and Tracers.
• Edit and interact with your creations using tools like Scale, Rotate, Move, Cut and Drag.
• For even more editing you can make water, set collision layers, group objects, add mechanics, etc, to your different components.
◉ For design and final touches
The Algodoo world is colorful but you can easily change the look and feel in Algodoo.
• Set color for your background, water and your objects. Save your colors as different palettes for future work. You can also change the look of your artwork with pre-made palettes like X-ray, Optics, Sunset, and many others.
• Experiment with different materials in Algodoo. In seconds you can set density, friction and restitution for your objects. Making them slippery like ice, heavy like gold or bouncy like a rubber ball. Algodoo comes with 9 different pre-made materials: Gold, Glass, Stone, Steel, Rubber, Helium, Wood, Ice and the Default Algodoo material.
◉ For sharing and daring
If you want some inspiration, find scenes in “Algobox” - a library of Algodoo creations. There are more than 30 000 user-created scenes that you will find amazing, awe-inspiring and fun.
• Browse around for hours, download and play your favourite scenes, all within Algodoo.
• Sign up for your personal account and start sharing your creations. Challenge your friends to try them or dare them to build even cooler scenes.
• Rate, comment and like all scenes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
◉ Quick and easy to get started
Algodoo comes with built-in tutorials which step-by-step introduce you to all the tools an main functions. Getting started is made even easier. If you want additional training and tips then watch some of the many videos and webinars that exist from links within Algodoo.
Algodoo is just endless fun for any age to create, play & learn physics!
* Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I have finally circled around to try this program again since it has been updated. The issues I was having with the previous release are now gone, yay! So, now I find that I am really enjoying playing and designing things with this. It is really fun! The interface is pretty good considering the complicated physics that can be being simulated on any given scene. I am sure I dont know how I would of done it any different and as a programmer myself I can only imagine that its got to be a bear to have written something like this. So I have upgraded my review to 5 stars as of this release and for the price this is a fun and potentialy very useful tool for hobyists or students that want to play with physics toys.
I would as another reviewer below add to a wish list of adding magnetism, electricity (even simple circuits of at least logic gates maybe) and thermics to this already great program! Perhaps do them as add-on plugins of some sort. I can't believe I would say this but, I would even accept them as 'low' cost IAP's… How about making it extendible so the user could add other tools, materials and properties (like conductivity to go with electronics or attraction/repulsion to go with magnetism) then you can get the user community to do the bulk of the work, *winks*. Thanks Algoryx, great App!
Do Not Buy!!!
I have used this the free version of this app for years, and it is a good way to modle a lot of problems. I saw the paid version and thought I’d love to support a project that I have found so helpful. I bought the app for $5 and imediatly opened it. It would not start, and asked me to make sure the it worked with version of MacOS (High Sierra). The app is advertised as working with Mac 10.5.0 and later. The app is not as advertised, does not work, and I wish I had my money back.
Not ready for prime time
I eally wanted to like this. There are lots of tools, it looks easy to use, and I thought I might be able to build simple demonstrations for my students. Unfortunately, the interface gave me trouble from the first, and it crashed within 10 minutes of my first opening it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.