Alien Blue - Reddit Client
By Morrissey Exchange Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Alien Blue is a feature packed client for browsing Reddit. It has been developed from the ground-up for an intuitive touch-screen experience.
So what makes Alien Blue the ultimate Reddit client for the iPhone?
* Inline image viewing in comments
* Ability to search Reddit's archive of posts
* Add / Create Posts (and Self Threads) (PRO)
* Multiple / Novelty Account Support
* One-Tap Imgur Integration when posting (and when commenting)
* One-Tap Quoting
* Support for Casual Subreddits
* Integrated "Readability" from Arc90 for in-built browser
* One-Tap to "View All Images" in comments (PRO)
* Large buttons for embedded links
* Save State (when reading posts/comments) on Exit
* Automatic notification of new messages from your Reddit inbox while you browse.
* Post, and *edit* your comments
* Interface optimised and tested for easy single handed browsing.
* Fullscreen mode
* Ability to exclude posts based on keywords (PRO)
* Easily identify which comments are made from the Post creator. This is especially developed for AMA and AskReddit style threads.
* Collapsable comments
* (PRO) Tilt Scroll
* (PRO) "Hide All" feature. Get fresh results every time. (syncs automatically with your hidden posts on the Reddit server).
* Night mode option for very low backlight and reduced contrast.
You can upgrade to the PRO version of Alien Blue within the Settings section of the application.
Upgrading to the PRO edition of Alien Blue unlocks the following features:
* Canvas View and Image Galleries
* Comment Link previews (retina device required)
* Retina Thumbnails (retina device required)
* Create Posts / Self Threads
* Exclude Posts by Keywords
* One-Tap Imgur Integration
* One-Tap Quoting
* Multiple / Novelty Account support
* "Hide All" displayed posts (syncs automatically with your Reddit account)
* Subscribe & Unsubscribe to Reddits via Alien Blue
* Tilt Scroll
The Reddit logo is a licensed trademark of Conde Nast, and is used with express permission.
What's New in Version 2.8.2
Fixed: [Critical] Imgur albums not displaying on iOS 7 devices
Nice app, but can't disable porn
This app is a very efficient way to browse reddit; in some ways it works better than the site itself. The comment threading is excellent and the gallery view makes places like /r/pics a snap to surf. However, the fatal flaw in this app is the fact that it has no option to allow the user to disable Not Safe For Work (i.e. pornographic) content showing up in your links. It does not honor the setting you set in reddit itself (which does allow disabling of porn) and it does not have the option it its own settings. The result is that browsing /r/all means that you have no choice but to be peppered with links with titles like "18F want to see me play with a dildo?" To me this is unacceptable, especially for a paid program.
If this program had a feature that allow disabling of porn or if it honored your reddit settings, it would easily merit 5 stars.
Journal: day 256
I was like you once. I had a wife and kids. Also an amazing job. Then one night I downloaded an app. It wasn't bad at first. I just looked at the features sometimes and browsed collective occasionally. Then after a while it got bad. I began to skip breakfast for the morning features and showers for the evening ones. After a while my family left me and I had to sell my house in order to pay my internet bill. I had ifunnic disease. And it only got worse and worse. I became aneroxic only eating when I was waiting for my works to upload. I was engulfed by the unending collective, getting deeper and deeper until I was completely drowned in it. I was slowly becoming insane. Then one day I met an old wise man in an alley. He told me of my disease and how to cure it. These were his exact words: "in order to escape heaven you must visit hell." So here I am today downloading reddit.
Great app, one fix needed
I have been using Alienblue for a couple of years now, and I absolutely love it. I have the paid version of the app, and have had no problem with it until now. Recently, however, some self posts are malfunctioning. After clicking on the link, the title displays at the top of the page with what OP wrote beneath it. However, as soon as the comments load, the OP's post disappears and only the title remains at the top of the page. It doesn't do this to every self post, maybe one out of 10 or 15, and it only started a couple of days ago. It should be an easy bug fix.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 24, 2013
- Version: 2.8.2
- Size: 20.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Morrissey Exchange Pty Ltd
- © Jason Morrissey
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade$1.99