Aliens versus Humans
By Leisurerules Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**"In Onslaught players can expect the kind of portable X-COM experience they’ve always wanted." --148apps.com
**"AvH: Onslaught is like a tribute band for X-Com – it hits all of the same notes as the original: recruitable (and re-nameable) troops who learn as they gain experience, cagey aliens who see in the dark better than you do, bases that you build and staff, research that you direct, randomized combat maps – the whole lot." -- pockettactics.com
AvH 2.0.8 is TWO games in one … choose to play only tactical missions (training missions - the original AvH) OR take on the responsibility that comes with world management by playing 'The Onslaught'.
Aliens versus Humans: THE ONSLAUGHT
You have been hired by the United Countries of Earth (UCE) to defend our planet. Your job is to build bases around the globe in order to detect alien “Teleportation Events”. Once detected, you must send team(s) of soldiers out to remove the Alien threat and recover any Alien technology.
Beware, the Aliens have superior firepower and you will need to research and manufacture better gear in order to have a chance of winning the war against them. The UCE has provided a fully functional base that will get you up and running.
The rest is up to you...
!@#$% Intercepted communication 18:13a5f506 !@#$%^
* Bases - build up to 8 bases around the Earth.
* Geoscape – A world view of your bases, crafts and active teleportation events.
* Base Management: build facilities, view base info, equip soldiers, research, manufacture, purchase, sell and transfer items between bases.
* New and updated battle terrains including: Farm, Urban, Industrial, Arctic, Jungle and Desert.
* A Pedia to help you keep track of all your gear, crafts, alien corpses and artifacts.
* Four levels of difficulty: n00b, Challenging, Hard and Cruel.
* Interactive mission tutorials and a quick tutorial.
* Randomly generated battle maps, day and night missions, destructible terrain, on-the-fly Line of Sight and 4 zoom levels.
* Soldiers' stats improve based on their experience during missions.
--A Note on IAPs:
IAPs are new in this version. The game balance has NOT changed so purchasing in game currency is NOT required to complete the game - this is only for those that want to advance quicker than the game allows by default.
This is a challenging game. If you're struggling with funding, change your strategy. Many people have won the game on Cruel difficulty without IAPs, it can be done. Keep trying.
Aliens versus Humans: TRAINING MISSIONS
The original AvH content has moved under 'Training Missions'. If you're looking for the thrill of combat without the extra responsibility of world management then 'Training Missions' is for you.
* Design and play your own missions. Choose terrain, soldiers, weapons, armor. Set alien intelligence from easy to truly evil.
* Play 25 missions that proceed along a storyline, including night time missions.
* 11 weapons and 3 armor types that unlock based on game progression.
* 3 star rating system for missions.
* Your soldiers' stats improve based on their experience during missions.
* Randomly generated maps = ultimate replayability.
* Destructible terrain.
* On-the-fly Line of Sight.
* Ability to customize your squad for each mission.
* 4 zoom levels that allow you to see more of the battle map or get up close and personal.
* 20 achievements that will challenge you beyond the game.
A Note from the developers:
We hope you enjoy the latest release of Aliens versus Humans. Aliens versus Humans has been two years in the making and many features have been added as a result of user feedback. Please help support us by rating/reviewing the app, liking us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aliens-versus-Humans/323015897724713), following us on twitter @aliensvshumans as well as providing feedback through our support link.
Al(ien) and Hu(man)
What's New in Version 2.0.8
+ iPhone 5 support - no more letter boxing.
+ Soldiers can now be color-coded on the Soldiers screen so you can distinguish them while on the battle field. The colors do not effect their ability to be seen by aliens.
+ You can now disable the "Line of Fire" check. This allows you to shoot even if something is between the soldier and the target. Including other soldiers (so be careful). This is found off the Geoscape screen by touching Options, then Settings. Flick down near the bottom.
+ For those that want to speed up game play, you now have the option to buy in game currency. Note that the game balance has NOT changed - this is only for those that want to advance quicker than the game allows by default.
+ Lost your favorite soldier? Now you have the option to resurrect them after the mission ends.
Fun but a little shallow
I was so excited to find this game since I was feeling nostalgic for the original X-COM game. And this is a good fun imitation that works fairly well on my IPad. However, it's a little buggy, with bad physics programming in many situations (try standing up and throwing a grenade over a waist-high picket fence).
The biggest shortcoming, though, is that it just isn't as deep as the original. The old PC game was spooky and scary due to the plot (when the aliens start abducting your marines and playing mind control games on them, for example), but even the 2.0 version of AvH doesn't really have a plot. It's just one fight after another, with no sense that the aliens are improving at the same time the humans are.
I still enjoyed it quite a bit and recommend this game. But it's very shallow.
Rewarding Turn-Based Strategy
This game feels like the original X-Com from 1994, and I am having a blast playing it. I'm not entirely sure how much of my enjoyment of this game is due to nostalgia, but I don't care. The turn-based combat is brutal - especially when compared to titles with a more modern aesthetic. But surviving those difficult battles is part of the fun. I definitely recommend this game.
Very good "Xcom" Tribute.
Before the IOS port Release of Xcom
This was THE only Xcom type game available in the App Store.
Loving crafted by a two person Husband-Wife team, this games only real shortcoming is the lack of attention it's received. Having been regularly updated with content for over two years so far, AvH is a true gem for anyone who loves classic Xcom.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 14, 2013
- Version: 2.0.8
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Leisurerules Inc.
- © 2011-2013 Leisurerules Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 15 Million Game Dollars$2.99
- 30 soldier resurrections$2.99
- 10 soldier resurrections$1.99
- 4 Soldier Resurrections$0.99
- 2 Million Game Dollars$0.99
- 5 Million Game Dollars$1.99