Aliens versus Humans
By Leisurerules Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**"In Onslaught players can expect the kind of portable X-COM experience they’ve always wanted." --148apps.com
**"AvH: Onslaught is like a tribute band for X-Com – it hits all of the same notes as the original: recruitable (and re-nameable) troops who learn as they gain experience, cagey aliens who see in the dark better than you do, bases that you build and staff, research that you direct, randomized combat maps – the whole lot." -- pockettactics.com
**"...this is the game X-Com fans have been waiting to put in their pockets for nearly two decades." -- www.invisiblegamer.net
** Thanks to our fans we reached Top 5 Strategy Game in the US. **
Remember the loss you felt when Sylvie Meyer - a Rookie who started with 60 Time Units - was taken out by an Alien grenade? Remember your heart pounding when you ran out of Time Units crossing a field? Remember the fear of opening a door and not knowing what was on the other side?
Aliens versus Humans takes you back to those late nights in front of your DOS/Windows/Amiga PC. While the world slept, you were tirelessly saving it from the Alien threat. Relive those days gone by.
Packed with content, Aliens versus Humans is TWO games in one ... play 25 challenging training missions. Then when you're ready, take on the responsibility that comes with world management by playing 'The Onslaught'.
Aliens versus Humans: THE ONSLAUGHT
You have been hired by the United Countries of Earth (UCE) to defend our planet. Your job is to build bases around the globe in order to detect alien “Teleportation Events”. Once detected, you must send team(s) of soldiers out to remove the Alien threat and recover any Alien technology.
Beware, the Aliens have superior firepower and you will need to research and manufacture better gear in order to have a chance of winning the war against them. The UCE has provided a fully functional base that will get you up and running.
The rest is up to you...
!@#$% Intercepted communication 18:13a5f506 !@#$%^
* Base Management: build facilities, view base info, equip soldiers, research, manufacture, purchase, sell and transfer items between bases.
* New and updated battle terrains including: Farm, Urban, Industrial, Arctic, Jungle and Desert.
* Geoscape – A world view of your bases, crafts and active teleportation events.
* Bases - build up to 8 bases around the Earth.
* A Pedia to help you keep track of all your gear, crafts, alien corpses and artifacts.
* Four levels of difficulty: n00b, Challenging, Hard and Cruel.
* Interactive mission tutorials and a quick tutorial.
* Randomly generated battle maps, day and night missions, destructible terrain, on-the-fly Line of Sight and 4 zoom levels.
* Soldiers' stats improve based on their experience during missions.
This is a challenging game. If you're struggling with funding, change your strategy or check out our Facebook page for tips. Many people have won the game on Cruel difficulty. Keep trying.
Aliens versus Humans: TRAINING MISSIONS
* Design and play your own missions. Choose terrain, soldiers, weapons, armor. Set alien intelligence from easy to truly evil.
* Play 25 missions that proceed along a story line, including night time missions.
* Randomly generated maps = ultimate replayability.
* 11 weapons and 3 armor types that unlock based on game progression.
* 3 star rating system for missions.
* Your soldiers' stats improve based on their experience during missions.
* On-the-fly Line of Sight.
* Ability to customize your squad for each mission.
* 4 zoom levels that allow you to see more of the battle map or get up close and personal.
* Destructible terrain.
* 20 achievements that will challenge you beyond the game.
A Note from the developers:
Aliens versus Humans plays great on the iPhone 6 through 6S+, all iPads including the Pro and even still plays awesome on the iPhone 4/5 and only requires a few megabytes of space.
Al(ien) and Hu(man)
What's New in Version 2.0.8
+ Soldiers can now be color-coded on the Soldiers screen so you can distinguish them while on the battle field. The colors do not effect their ability to be seen by aliens.
+ You can now disable the "Line of Fire" check. This allows you to shoot even if something is between the soldier and the target. Including other soldiers (so be careful). This is found off the Geoscape screen by touching Options, then Settings. Flick down near the bottom.
+ For those that want to speed up game play, you now have the option to buy in game currency. Note that the game balance has NOT changed - this is only for those that want to advance quicker than the game allows by default.
+ Lost your favorite soldier? Now you have the option to resurrect them after the mission ends.
+ iPhone 5 support - no more letter boxing.
Fun but a little shallow
I was so excited to find this game since I was feeling nostalgic for the original X-COM game. And this is a good fun imitation that works fairly well on my IPad. However, it's a little buggy, with bad physics programming in many situations (try standing up and throwing a grenade over a waist-high picket fence).
The biggest shortcoming, though, is that it just isn't as deep as the original. The old PC game was spooky and scary due to the plot (when the aliens start abducting your marines and playing mind control games on them, for example), but even the 2.0 version of AvH doesn't really have a plot. It's just one fight after another, with no sense that the aliens are improving at the same time the humans are.
I still enjoyed it quite a bit and recommend this game. But it's very shallow.
Rewarding Turn-Based Strategy
This game feels like the original X-Com from 1994, and I am having a blast playing it. I'm not entirely sure how much of my enjoyment of this game is due to nostalgia, but I don't care. The turn-based combat is brutal - especially when compared to titles with a more modern aesthetic. But surviving those difficult battles is part of the fun. I definitely recommend this game.
Very good "Xcom" Tribute.
Before the IOS port Release of Xcom
This was THE only Xcom type game available in the App Store.
Loving crafted by a two person Husband-Wife team, this games only real shortcoming is the lack of attention it's received. Having been regularly updated with content for over two years so far, AvH is a true gem for anyone who loves classic Xcom.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 14, 2013
- Version: 2.0.8
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Leisurerules Inc.
- © 2011-2016 Leisurerules Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 15 Million Game Dollars$2.99
- 30 soldier resurrections$2.99
- 4 Soldier Resurrections$0.99
- 10 soldier resurrections$1.99
- 2 Million Game Dollars$0.99
- 5 Million Game Dollars$1.99