"all 4 hue" is the most sophisticated app for Philips Hue. This very complete app provides much more features and stability than all competing apps. It is one of the best rated Philips Hue apps.
This app is available as free version without advertisements but with some limitations. The free version can be used for unlimited duration. It is suggested to use the free version to check if the app fits to the users needs. In case of further interest additional features can be activated via in-app purchase to enjoy the complete feature set of the app. The app is available in German and English language. The app is continously improved.
Overview (some features):
- Configure all your lights and groups.
- Create, edit, delete and activate scenes. Scenes are stored in your hue bridge and can be accessed from all your devices.
- Create, edit and delete timers and alarms with a lot of different actions.
- Create, edit and delete rules with a lot of different conditions and actions. Use rules to program Hue Tap, Dimmer, Presence Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor and Temperature Sensor.
- Use the integrated rule wizard to create complex rule constructions really quick, e.g. switch from one scene to the next one when you press a Hue Tap button multiple times, etc.
- Manage your Philips Hue sensors: Hue Tap, Dimmer, Presence Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor and Temperature Sensor supported. Generic Status Sensors are also supported.
- App can access and configure up to 5 hue bridges.
- This app requires a Philips Hue Bridge (V1 or V2).
- This app supports Hue Tap, Hue Dimmer, Hue Presence Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor and Temperature Sensor.
- This app can only be used within the local network, because Philips does not allow third party apps to connect to the Hue Bridge from the internet. This is NOT A BUG in this app but policy from Philips.
Please feel free to participate in the community:
In case of any suggestions or technical problems the author would like to receive a mail instead of a bad rating. Ratings with 1 star without any reason or comment do not help to improve the app. Thank you!
Optimization of user interface. App extension available: Support of up to 5 hue bridges.
Ratings and Reviews
Lag with the app, in coordination with the website, caused the extension to be purchased rather than the main app upgrade. But they have ignored multiple emails about it. They need to rip off customers in order to make a living apparently. Bad business.
Response to developer - I’m sorry if I gave the impression that I was 15 and ignorant. I am not. I emailed you from the app at the email you include below and that was approximately 1.5-2 weeks ago. I am quite aware that this is a 3rd party app also. When I purchased the upgrade, I first clicked on the multi upgrade and realized what it was and then went to the correct one. However, due to lag in the system the purchase ended up being the first one rather than the correct one and this I have the extension portion without having the upgrade of the main part (when I had no need for the extension). I emailed all of this to your email and had no reply. Only then did I give the review.
Second response - I check my spam filter daily due to work concerns and it has not come on. But I got your second one over the weekend and responded to it (also over the weekend). Note, the second arrived without issue. You may tell me what you first said or resend that one. Your second did not address my issue, it was only a repeat of your response here.
[EDIT 14.01.2018] I received your first mail on Dec, 30 2:43 PM (Germany local time) and replied to it on Dec, 30 3:48 PM. The response time was only 1 hour! Yesterday I received your second mail request on Jan, 13 03:36 AM and replied to it on Jan, 13 08:32 AM, response time was 5 hours due to time shift. I cannot image where the mails got lost, but it was not on my side. Please check your SPAM filter. If you still did not receive any mail from me please write from another mail account. Thank you.
all 4 HUE hits a triple
The app all 4 HUE is the easiest app to use to control your Hue lights. Other apps have such complicated “rules” and the timers are horrible. I’ve been on Apple Mac’s since 1989 so I can usually navigate to find a solution to fit my needs but not on most Hue apps. All I need to do now is figure out how to separate lights in a group so I can put alternate “turn off” on one of them. I bet I find it relatively quick! Thank you all 4 HUE crew.
You can easily create new light groups in the section "Groups & Rooms" in the app. Just press the PLUS symbol in the title bar in this section and select the lights you want to group in the new group with the checkboxes. If you want to have only one light in your new group, just select one of them. If you need further assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and your request will be answered within 12h. Thank you.
My favorite Hue Controller
while the interface isn't as pretty as the others the functionality is better. I searched for what is considered to be the best Hue apps and after trying those I'm keeping this one. It just works when the others didn't. Sunrise and sunset scheduling was my priority and All 4 Hue came through with no issues.
- Rene Wahl
- 8.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017, 2018 Dr. Rene Wahl
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to full version $3.99
- Up to 5 hue bridges $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.