Trusted by food-allergic diners since 2010, AllergyEats is the leading guide to food allergy-friendly restaurants across the United States. AllergyEats provides valuable peer-based feedback about how well (or poorly) restaurants accommodate the needs of food-allergic and food-intolerant guests. This sharing of real experiences from other food-allergic diners allows you to quickly and easily find restaurants that may be more willing and better capable of properly addressing your dietary restrictions.
The AllergyEats app is free and easy-to-use.
• Discover great allergy-friendly restaurants on-the-fly, wherever you are in the U.S.
• View “allergy-friendliness” ratings on tens of thousands of restaurants
• Search near a specified location or simply wherever you find yourself
• Read comments of actual food-allergic restaurant dining experiences
• Customize your search results by indicating your specific allergies
• Quickly and easily add your own rating of a dining experience at any of over 850,000 restaurants in the U.S. to help other AllergyEats users
• Make reservations at over 20,000 U.S. restaurants via one-click OpenTable links
• Store favorite restaurants (or those you want to try) for easy recall when traveling out of town
• Share restaurants, comments, or search results with friends and family or on social media
• Access directions or call a restaurant with one touch
• Earn recognition points for rating, sharing, and adding comments
The AllergyEats app also allows you to access the popular AllergyEats Disney World, featuring allergy-friendliness ratings of dining facilities in the parks, hotels, and greater Orlando area. Users can also read timely and relevant allergy-related articles in the AllergyEats Blog, including the popular annual Top 10 List of Most Allergy-Friendly Restaurant Chains in the U.S.
Find. Rate. Share. We Are All In This Together!
***Love our free app? Please help us by taking a moment to review it in this app store! ***
*Please note that AllergyEats is a guide, not a guarantee. Restaurant ratings are based on the opinions of food-allergic diners, not allergy experts. Always carry emergency medication and discuss your allergies with restaurant staff in advance. Please see the Dining Tips on the AllergyEats app for more detailed advice.
• Addition of New York City Allergy-Friendly Restaurant Guide to More menu to enable easy access from the app.
• Enhancements to the user experience
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for traveling with allergies
I’ve been using AllergyEats for several years now and it’s been incredibly helpful in finding restaurants in various locations when traveling with our teens for sports. Sometimes we find that there’s a familiar chain in the area and other times, we discover a great allergy-friendly local place. Our dairy-allergic high schooler and her friends even used it on a recent weekend away to a beach town and I love knowing that she’s got a resource to help her feel more confident and independent. No app should ever be a replacement for asking questions about allergy accommodations, but it’s truly been a great starting point for us over the years.
Great app - will be better with more users
The info on this app has made traveling with our food allergic son so much easier. We were directed to great restaurants that were happy to work with our needs and away from those that have been poor choices for allergy families.
Apps like this are only as good when more members join and participate. The food allergy community needs to support each other with this sort of information.
Needs user input
This app has so much potential! The problem is that almost every restaurant I have looked at doesn’t have any ratings or reviews. Some just have the “chain rating” which is great to know, but there is nothing to explain why that’s the rating or what allergens they don’t handle well. It just doesn’t have enough data for it to even be something I would consider useful right now. It’s set up very nicely and seems to just be waiting on users to make it actually functional.
Hi Ava. Thank you for sharing your concerns. We're sorry you don't feel the app is helpful yet. While we wouldn't disagree that some pockets of the U.S. are still short on ratings (though most major markets - NY, Chicago, Boston, etc. - have TONS of ratings), we believe that AllergyEats is useful nonetheless as a starting point to screen restaurants more likely worth calling or visiting. Again, not to ignore your legitimate concern, but millions of people have used AllergyEats, most with positive experiences.
Regardless, the best way to fix the issue your refer to is to bring more and more raters into the AllergyEats fold. We work hard every day to do so, but it a community word-of-mouth effort. We'd love for you to add your own ratings, even if you currently don't find the app useful. We're confident you will!
Thank you again for sharing your concerns. Know that we're thinking about that - and how to address it - every day!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.