Just see the screens and video. If by then we don't have you, come for the story... :)
"We should make a flight sim." "Yeah, yeah we really should."
So began our journey to bring you the most photorealistic, high intensity, historically-sweeping flight simulator ever developed for mobile and Apple TV platforms...
ALLIANCE: AIR WAR
- Fly through the sky and fight through miles of gorgeous 3D volumetric clouds in your airplane at breakneck speeds. Infinitely dense and perfectly rendered. Lose the enemy or just daydream in rich cloud banks never before seen in a realtime video game.
- Dogfight online or against hordes of enemy fighter planes and ships with machineguns, rockets, Vulcan cannons, and guided missiles.
- Span decades of air combat development from the fighter props of World War II to the 5th generation multirole fighter jets of tomorrow. And soon, we'll cover the entire history of combat aviation and airplanes- from turn of the century flight to every next generation fighter aircraft in the world. Currently available:
- Supermarine Seafire / Spitfire
- Tornado ADV F3
- EF 2000
- Earn Alliance Credits to upgrade your planes' flying dynamics, engines, armor, weaponry, and payload capacities.
- 6 different game modes to test your air combat pilot skills- Dogfighting, Fleet Attack, Fleet Defense, Attack the Ace, Assassination, and Free Flight.
- Leaderboards to rank yourself against the world's top aces.
Free to play, free to soar. We guarantee you've never before seen anything like Alliance on phones, tablets, or Apple TV!
"Yep, we made it."
- Critical issue fixed. Much larger update coming soon!!!
Ratings and Reviews
Good Game! Add More Please!
Overall this game is really “filling”, and fulfills all most of my expectations. The graphics are like what it says in the description: photorealistic. There are no ads in game to disturb your gameplay (in my experience), and it is a really smooth game.
Although right now the game is good enough, I would really want more content and missions, though I know they would be coming in future updates. It would really improve the game if you could add historical campaigns (for the time periods that actually happened, like WW2), bombs that you can drop from planes, ground forces like tanks and infantry that you can support or fight, carriers and landing strips that you can return to in order to repair, and/or switch planes, and finally, an improved multiplayer feature, as the current one is pretty laggy. I know I’m asking for a lot, but in my opinion they will really improve the game, and the developers can install them in individual updates instead of a massive one. In all, this game is really awesome and it’s a great addition to your games collection.
It’s Ace Combat on the go!
I only own an Xbox so for the longest time I’ve been looking for a good flight combat game - and sadly the XB1 doesn’t have one. But I never expected to find my air combat fix in the App Store!
This game at present features several dozen unlockable aircraft and 3 eras split into a dozen mission types to play. The graphics are gorgeous, especially the ground and atmospheric effects. The flight physics lean more towards “arcade flight game” than “true simulator”, but there’s still enough realism here to make the flying feel authentic. Smooth, precise input is key. Speaking of inputs, you have a variety of gyro and touch screen controls to choose from as well as 3rd person and “virtual cockpit” views (no simulated 3D cockpits yet. That’s my #1 on the wish list.)
Combat is fun and challenging with weapon mechanics and aircraft performance varying greatly from era to era, as they should. Aircraft take about a dozen gun hits or 2-3 missiles to take down, with aces taking more. If you run out of ammo you’ll need to wait a few moments to reload. Not so arcadey to be ridiculous, but not so realistic it’s dense and boring. This game has the perfect balance.
Although Alliance is a fantastic app and definitely worth your time and money, it has a lot more content coming. Download it, drop a few bucks on a plane you like (or play enough to unlock it with in game credits - another great thing about this free app) and have a blast.
Overall expectations of this game were achieved and greatly.
The game has an amazing engine it runs on and graphics are great. Though there are a few minor nuances but other than that would love to watch this title grow even more.
Here are the few minor irritations or nuances:
Getting hit by something without the lock on warning coming on.
The cost of other planes, I feel the cost to get other planes is bar none ridiculous and grindy, if the prices were cut in half then the long run would be more worth it.
Along with the planes, the customization features are a little limited, and you can’t buy them with in game currency. Maybe adding a custom paint job section where the community can make their own custom paint jobs would be cool as well.
The way when upgrading the rockets it can be an odd number, I feel it would be more appropriate if the rocket upgrade added two rockets instead since mainly your rockets are either even on each side of your plane in your bay.
Maps, are a little lack luster with there not being any city type areas where it’s a large map with a city and combat along with the canyons or even the sea near it.
Overall the game is good and you all have your roadmap which made me even more psyched to see what you all can accomplish since you have accomplished a lot already.
- Art of the State LLC
- 248.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation). Apple TV.
- English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2015-2017 Art of the State LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Small Fuel Purchase (Sale) $0.99
- F-22A Navy Plane (Sale) $9.99
- Large Fuel Purchase (Sale) $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.