All Of Wiki - Offline : A Wikipedia Reader
By Brilliant(ish) Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
All Of Wiki - Offline is the fastest, most frequently updated, and fully featured completely offline Wikipedia application available for iPad and iPhone/iPod. Sync once and you'll never need a connection again to have every single article on Wikipedia.
- Supports English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Portuguese, Arabic, Swedish, and Dutch with this one application.
- This one application works for iPad & iPod/iPhone.
- Instant completely offline search and article loading.
- Latest article and image caching if connection is available.
- In app updating of Wikipedia data dumps. No re-installing.
- Search in current article.
- Bookmarks, history, random articles, table of contents, etc.
- Change the font size, font type, and background.
- Landscape viewing with orientation lock.
- Fully resumable compressed database downloads hosted on distributed cloud servers. Very fast.
Contains every article in the Wikipedia database of your choice. English database size comes in around 4GB, other languages around 2GB or less. Why so big? We don't skimp. It's all there, tables of contents, links, and every single article and redirected search term. This is a meticulously pruned and compressed data set. We feel it is the right compromise between size, availability, speed, and ease of use. There are no images for articles until they are loaded with an internet connection available.
"It’s not the only app to do it, but it is the best." - The Next Web
"This is a superb resource. It's the main reason I bought an iPad." - Frank Athol
"Greatest app for medical students! Always improving, getting faster and easier to use! Now even caching pictures and tables!" - Parkinsonism
"Your UI is amazing! I love UIs that mask the many features so elegantly and simply!" - Rebecca Defoe
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1) When you first buy the app, you're prompted to download
the data dump over wifi. This takes between 3 and 4 hours, so follow the instructions and then go grab some lunch.
2) You now have every Wikipedia article on your device. Use it wherever you are, you don’t need an internet connection.
3) Your purchase allows you to initially download the Wikipedia data dump and then also download it again once after that for free. After than a $1 in app purchase will be required to cover the hosting cost of such a large and rapidly transferred file. Updated dumps will be available shortly after Wikipedia releases them, this usually occurs once every month or so.
DID WE MENTION SUPPORT?
We answer every single email sent to "firstname.lastname@example.org"! Imagine that!
What's New in Version 1.64
iOS 7 compatibility update.
Great offline Wiki app with image caching.
I have tried a few of these apps and so far this one is the best I have used. Most of the offline Wiki apps have issues with measurements in the articles, this one did not. I love the ability to see the images in article when I do have internet and the caching works great. I gave it 4 stars because the font screen was a little cut off when viewing on my iPad Air. Still useable but annoying.
Information about everything offline.
Access Wikipedia anytime you need it.
No crashes. You don't have to have iOS7 (although it is compatible with it).
You can download images if WiFi is available. Excellent.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 20, 2013
- Version: 1.64
- Size: 6.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brilliant(ish) Software
- © Brilliant(ish) Software 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Wikipedia data dump update$0.99