Allowance & Chores Bot makes it easy to keep track of your family's allowances and chores. With Allowance & Chores Bot, children won't lose or misplace paper money and you won't have to keep track of allowances and chores by hand.
If your family has more than one device, Allowance & Chores Bot will automatically keep your whole family’s allowances and chores in sync. Unlike other allowance and chore apps, Allowance & Chores Bot does not require any third-party service or special setup to sync all your family’s devices.
With Allowance & Chores Bot you can create a daily, weekly, or monthly allowance for each child.
Each chore can be a one time chore, or repeated on a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule. Each chore can be configured so completion is required for the child’s periodic allowance, or the chore can be configured as an extra reward in addition to their allowance.
With Allowance & Chores Bot, you can approve or unapprove all allowance and chore payments for up to 30 days.
Kids see how much they have saved and when and how much they’ve spent. The Allowance Graph lets your kids watch their allowance savings grow. Kids can see what chores need to be done and check them off when completed. Kids can receive chore reminders without having to open the app.
Allowance & Chores Bot gives you everything you need to manage your children’s allowances and chores and teach them about saving money, spending money, and earning money.
* Automatic sync between multiple devices - no setup required, just login with the same email and password.
* Set up daily, weekly, or monthly allowances.
* Choose whether allowances accrue automatically or only after parental approval.
* Keep track of how much money children have saved.
* Deduct money from a child's account when they spend money.
* Easily withhold any number of future allowance payments as punishment.
* Supports many international currencies.
* Supports several pretend currencies like Points, Smiley Faces, Federation Credits & more.
* Assign chores with a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule.
* Give rewards for good behavior or good grades.
* Allowance Graph lets you see a 30 day history of savings, spending, and chore activity.
* Receive notifications when each chore is done, and when approvals are waiting.
* Receive reminders when you forget to approve an allowance or chore payment.
* Photos can be added to each chore to help kids understand what needs to be done.
* Pre-readers can have things like chore names, chore descriptions, allowance amounts and savings amounts read to them by the app.
* Approve or unapprove allowance and chore payments for up to 30 days.
* Optional parental passcode stops kids from making changes without permission.
* Optional child passcode allows children to block siblings from having access their account information.
* Works on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
* Fixed iPhone X screen layout.
* Fixed Login screen for iOS pre 10.0
* Fixed copy and paste to use system clipboard.
* Fixed allowance dates in the Approve view.
* Fixed Feedback form when entering long messages.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app...Useful and easy!
This is a great app. My kids and I use it everyday to keep track of chores and allowance. I used to forget if I paid them their weekly allowance and I had a hard time tracking if there jobs were done. Not anymore. They know what they need to do everyday and I know exactly how much money they have in their “Mom Bank”. No more having to get cash every week. If they want cash no problem but a lot of the time they just ask me to make purchases for them and then I simply log the expenditure in the app.
It’s super easy to assign chores and if it’s one you’ve used before you can grab it from a list of previously used. I love that you can schedule a chore daily, weekly, or monthly and set what day of the week it needs to be done. You can also set one time chores that don’t repeat. And you can set to have allowance paid automatically or with your approval.
The graphics are pleasing. And although not the most important thing, I love how the background changes to fit the chores that day. It’s fun!
And best thing about this app is the customer service. Every time I’ve had a question or an issue they have responded promptly and happy to help. I wish that weren’t so rare these days.
Keep up the great work guys. Watching this app grow with time and keep getting better has been a pleasure. Totally worth the price!
Great Concept, Needs some work
So, the app keeps saying lost connection to server and dropping me back to the login screen. I was able to get it to work, but that seemed to happen fairly regularly.
Thoughts on functionality to follow here. What is there is very basic. I’m sure the graphics took more time than the app workflow.
1. I’d like to be able to create a pool of chores that can be assigned to or picked up by the child. This seems very basic if you’ve ever worked with any kind of CRM system. It’s a logical way to organize something like this.
2. Chore template that can be utilized over and over rather than starting from scratch every time. The schedule feature wouldn’t work for this in my mind if that’s where you’re gonna go.
3. It’s 2018, fingerprint and facial rec...seems like basics if you’re gonna charge for an app.
4. Ability for child to add chores, with an approval of course
5. Take another look at how you add chores and assign to the child. The UI isn’t easy to follow.
At the end of the day, you’ve got a good looking app that doesn’t seem very well thought out beyond the just what’s on the surface. It doesn’t have to be crazy complex, but currently it doesn’t offer enough to make it really worth using long term I don’t think. It will become to cumbersome and we’ll stop using it.
Footnote...trues to contact developers and their form on their website errors out. Sweet...
Excellent app! Needs some tweaks.
I am a new user, but so far it seems fantastic. I have sent feedback regarding a few issues- I'm hoping that I am just missing these features somehow:
1) when you set a reward/punishment, it doesn't seem like the child is notified. This makes me wonder why the parent enters text to describe the reward. How is this ever able to be viewed in the future..either by parent or child?
2) I am still trying to figure out how to approve chores. I am being notified when they are completed, but when I go in to approve them, there is nothing for me to approve???
3) I would like to see a log that shows the child each time an allowance is paid, each time a "punishment " deduction is made, each time a reward is made etc. Just like a bank statement, it would provide an explanation for the child to reference. I like the visual provided by the graph, but I do think an accounting of transactions is essential.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.