Introducing the most amazing Allrecipes Dinner Spinner app yet! Designed to delight, Allrecipes’ Dinner Spinner has been reinvented as the most popular food-focused social app with a community of more than 30 million home cooks who play a part in helping cooks discover and share the joy of home cooking.
The latest version of the app is better than ever:
• My Feeed: Personalized for you and gets smarter with every recipe you save and make; and each Taste you follow.
• Improved search options: Search by keyword, ingredients to include/exclude as well as by dietary need & ready in time.
• Swipe: Swipe right on recipes, to quickly view more recipes you will love.
• Favorites and Collections: Save your favorite recipes for quick access anywhere and create, organize and share recipe collections to make finding favorite recipes a snap.
• Cook with what’s on sale: See which recipe ingredients are on sale near you! We’ll also suggest a recipe when you walk into a store (select stores).
• Step-by-step cooking videos: More than 1000 mobile-friendly recipe videos with step-by-step cooking instructions and you can skip to the parts you want to see quickly (Tablet).
• Sharing: I Made It feature makes it super easy to brag about your cooking triumphs with friends – on Allrecipes, and in your Facebook feed.
• Cook profiles: Everything you’ve created, saved and made… in one convenient place.
• Shopping list: Just tap to add entire recipes or ingredients to your shopping list.
• Updated, streamlined design that’s the same across your phone, tablet and PC.
Something new is always cooking with the Allrecipes Dinner Spinner app! The latest version includes many optimizations to make your experience even better. Thanks for using Allrecipes!
Ratings and Reviews
Used to be so much better
I’ve never been compelled to rate an app before now. I’ve used the Allrecipes website, iPhone and iPad apps for years. Of the three, the iPhone app is the most disappointing, especially after the last couple of updates. My feed has literally not changed in months, offering no new recipe suggestions, not even rearranging them so I may see something I may not ordinarily from further down the page. I uninstalled/reinstalled and at first was excited to see new recipes pop up, but then as soon as I signed in, I was greeted by the exact same recipes I’ve been looking at for the last 6-8 months. I get that it bases them on preferred diets/cuisines, but seriously...I’m bored. On top of that, the dinner spinner is merely amusement, as it comes up with the most ridiculous combinations (a shellfish dessert in the slow cooker, anyone?). I only keep this app on my phone to have access to my saved recipes at work or when grocery shopping. But normally at home, I opt for my iPad version.
Recipes are just okay, searches and favorites don’t always work
The recipes are mostly geared towards convenience cooking and are generated by amateur “chefs”. There’s nothing at all wrong with home cooks, I’m one, but I do not cook from packets, cans, or readymade items. I try very hard to cook nutritious and delicious food for my family, and that means avoiding preservatives, additives, and artificial ingredients as much as possible. I’d say that my reasonable requirements exclude 80% of the recipes on the site, and there’s no way to easily search for foods made from scratch. Really, do we need a ton of recipes to make cakes from box mixes and canned fruit in syrup with fake whipped cream? Because they are all there.
Functionally, the search features don’t work very well. Recipes on Instagram or Pinterest that should be linked to the app cannot be found, and there are major glitches if you try to save recipes and then search within your saved favorites. It never works properly. There are better recipe apps out there.
Pretty Good, But Room For Improvement
I use this app all the time to try new recipes, and to make favorites that I've saved over the years. The ads are annoying, but I've learned to deal with them. One thing I'm noticing is that there's an apparent disconnect between the recipes that are available on the website and the recipes available in the app. For example, today I saw two Instant Pot recipes on Instagram that I wanted to check out and save to my favorites to try later, but when I tried to find them in the app, I couldn't. The recipes either aren't there, or the search function isn't working. I like being able to say what types of recipes I'm interested in so that the app can populate my feed, but I'd like to be able to dismiss or hide ones that don't appeal to me.
- All Recipes
- 48.6 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 Allrecipes.com
- In-App Purchases
- Get Grilling! Free
- Winner Winner Simple Dinners $0.99
- Paleo Cooking Primer $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.