Allrecipes Dinner Spinner
By All Recipes, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get dinner on the table with less fuss and more fun! Allrecipes’ Dinner Spinner gives you instant access to Allrecipes’ amazing collection of member-shared recipes, photos, ratings and reviews from a community of more than 30 million home cooks.
The latest version of the app is better than ever:
- Seasonal recipes: Get inspired by special seasonal recipes and collections that change daily.
- Cook with what’s on sale: See which recipe ingredients are on sale near you! We’ll also suggest a recipe when you walk into a store (select stores).
- Videos: More than 1000 mobile-friendly recipe videos with step-by-step cooking instructions.
- Sharing: Add photos and reviews, pin, post, text, and email your cooking victories.
- Social sign-in: Use Facebook or Google+ and never forget your password.
- Favorites: Save your favorite recipes for quick access anywhere. Recipes include cook time, ingredients, step by step instructions, member reviews, photos, nutrition and more.
- Shopping list: Just tap to add entire recipes or ingredients to your shopping list.
- Super search: Search by diet, cooking time, and even the ingredients you do and don't want—or use Dinner Spinner to shake things up (iPhone only).
What's New in Version 5.1.1
Bug fixes to address repeated location prompts.
I use this app daily
This app has really great recipes. I used to hate to cook but now I love it because everything turns out so good. I always make sure to read the main reviews on each recipe for the helpful tips. The app itself shows different featured recipes daily which has encouraged me to try some recipes I never would have thought to look for. I've favorited so many recipes that scrolling through them can take some time and I wish there was a way to categorize them. It would also be helpful to save some of them offline if you want to cook somewhere without a wi-fi connection or when the app isn't available (it's down sometimes but so far hasn't been an issue for me while in the middle of cooking). Even with theses couple of problems, the app still gets five stars because the recipes are so great.
Good app, room for improvement
This app has a terrific variety of recipes, and the reviewers provide really helpful feedback and tips. I love the daily email and regularly find new and tasty things to make. The only thing I don't like is that the "favorite recipes" function can be hard to search. I have saved hundreds of recipes over the years, and I generally can't find what I'm looking for unless I can recall some part of the name. I sort them into subgroups when I save them; why aren't they sorted into subgroups when I'm searching for something to make? And sometimes I don't know exactly what I want to make - I would love a way to browse through my favorites by recipe type, like all chicken entrees or all cakes. Maybe this is possible on an iPad, I don't know, but on my smart phone, the app is limited. Which is frustrating, because of all the awesome recipes hiding in there!!
A stellar app killed on the alter of greed & laziness!
Like others here, I totally stopped using other conventional methods for recipes. Now, unlike others, I recognize that a free app means advertising; I get that....programmers & suits gotta eat. But when the "amount" & "type" of adds impacts functionality that's the line in the sand an app company shouldn't cross.....and they did: Big Time!!! The app crashes constantly when I am on a recipe forcing me to re-find it 30 times in a cooking session, there are advertisements in between ingredients & in other places to make clicking by mistake unavoidable, and brands are constantly screaming at me as I read ingredients. The fall from grace & instability of this app from what & where it was is a disgusting example of Capitalism gone awry on a once-excellent application & service.
I mean, once again, I understand the need to monetize your service but you went too far & you are loosing tons of once-loyal users...like me.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Mar 17, 2016
- Version: 5.1.1
- Size: 22.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: All Recipes
- © 2015 Allrecipes.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Get Grilling!Free
- Paleo Cooking Primer$0.99
- Winner Winner Simple Dinners$0.99