Allrecipes Dinner Spinner
By All Recipes, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get dinner on the table with less fuss and more fun! Allrecipes’ Dinner Spinner gives you instant access to Allrecipes’ amazing collection of member-shared recipes, photos, ratings and reviews from a community of more than 30 million home cooks.
The latest version of the app is better than ever:
- Seasonal recipes: Get inspired by special seasonal recipes and collections that change daily.
- Cook with what’s on sale: See which recipe ingredients are on sale near you! We’ll also suggest a recipe when you walk into a store (select stores).
- Videos: More than 1000 mobile-friendly recipe videos with step-by-step cooking instructions.
- Sharing: Add photos and reviews, pin, post, text, and email your cooking victories.
- Social sign-in: Use Facebook or Google+ and never forget your password.
- Favorites: Save your favorite recipes for quick access anywhere. Recipes include cook time, ingredients, step by step instructions, member reviews, photos, nutrition and more.
- Shopping list: Just tap to add entire recipes or ingredients to your shopping list.
- Super search: Search by diet, cooking time, and even the ingredients you do and don't want—or use Dinner Spinner to shake things up (iPhone only).
What's New in Version 5.1.1
Bug fixes to address repeated location prompts.
Love the app, would happily buy a paid version.
This is my go to app for new recipes or to find a new twist on an old classic. I use this app daily and love almost everything Chef John makes. I always get a chuckle when I read the recipe reviewers that change 90% of the recipe and then rate it 5 stars.
I would rate this app with five stars but the most recent update included useless features: items on sale near my location which annoys me every time I open a recipe, and floating ads for the latest "belly fat reduction diet" that you find on cheap websites. These ads have lowered my opinion of the app creators.
Ideas for future updates: Being able to message the recipe creator with questions about the recipe (like where they bought that exotic ingredient) and being able to "follow" your favorite chefs so you can try out their newly posted recipes.
Bottom line: If you love to cook, download this app immediately!
I use this app daily
This app has really great recipes. I used to hate to cook but now I love it because everything turns out so good. I always make sure to read the main reviews on each recipe for the helpful tips. The app itself shows different featured recipes daily which has encouraged me to try some recipes I never would have thought to look for. I've favorited so many recipes that scrolling through them can take some time and I wish there was a way to categorize them. It would also be helpful to save some of them offline if you want to cook somewhere without a wi-fi connection or when the app isn't available (it's down sometimes but so far hasn't been an issue for me while in the middle of cooking). Even with theses couple of problems, the app still gets five stars because the recipes are so great.
Good app, room for improvement
This app has a terrific variety of recipes, and the reviewers provide really helpful feedback and tips. I love the daily email and regularly find new and tasty things to make. The only thing I don't like is that the "favorite recipes" function can be hard to search. I have saved hundreds of recipes over the years, and I generally can't find what I'm looking for unless I can recall some part of the name. I sort them into subgroups when I save them; why aren't they sorted into subgroups when I'm searching for something to make? And sometimes I don't know exactly what I want to make - I would love a way to browse through my favorites by recipe type, like all chicken entrees or all cakes. Maybe this is possible on an iPad, I don't know, but on my smart phone, the app is limited. Which is frustrating, because of all the awesome recipes hiding in there!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Mar 17, 2016
- Version: 5.1.1
- Size: 22.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: All Recipes
- © 2015 Allrecipes.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Get Grilling!Free
- Paleo Cooking Primer$0.99
- Winner Winner Simple Dinners$0.99