AllTrails is your guide to the outdoors! Discover the best hiking, running, and biking trails around the world.
Explore 60,000 hand-curated trail maps plus reviews and photos crowdsourced from millions of hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners. Find that dog-friendly or kid-friendly trail that you’ve been searching for. Take that mountain biking or backpacking trip you’ve always dreamed of. Explore a national park, or discover new hiking trails in your area.
Whether you’re a hiker, biker or trail runner, AllTrails will help you find the way.
EXPLORE 60,000+ HIKING TRAILS AND MOUNTAIN BIKE ROUTES
• Discover new trails in national parks or in your own neighborhood, with hand-curated GPS and topo maps.
• Browse photos and reviews from our community of hikers, cyclists and trail runners like you.
• Find a hike, mountain bike ride, or trail run that’s perfect for your fitness and experience level. Filter by dog friendly, kid friendly, and wheelchair friendly trails.
RECORD YOUR ADVENTURES
• Turn your phone into a GPS activity tracker and follow your trail so you don’t get lost.
• View your hiking, running and cycling stats at a glance.
• Share your outdoor adventures with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and more.
SAVE YOUR FAVORITE TRAILS
• Explore all the trails on your bucket list and add new ones to check out.
• Easily save your favorite trails to run, hike or bike.
• Follow the hikers, cyclists and runners that inspire you.
EASILY GET TO THE TRAIL
• Get detailed GPS driving directions directly to the trailhead.
GET MORE WITH ALLTRAILS PRO
• Download offline maps - track your exact GPS location as you navigate the trail, even when you don’t have a signal.
• Always have a backup - design and print stunning custom topo maps.
• Access more map layers to get the lay of the land - quickly toggle between premium map layers including Topo, Terrain, Open Street Maps, and more.
• Always know what to expect with real-time map overlays including air quality and satellite weather.
• Experience AllTrails ad-free - remove the distraction of ads and focus on the journey.
AllTrails Pro is available as an annual subscription for $29.99/year, or you can unlock lifetime Pro access via a one-time payment of $99.99. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
Sign up required to favorite trails, record your activity, or follow users
We love hearing from users! Email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This release has some minor improvements and bug fixes:
• Fixed a bug that sometimes left your app without a location even though you had accepted the location permission
• Improved sharing to Gmail
• Fixed a crash that happened occasionally when using Lifeline (Pro feature)
• Made the real-time weather overlay more transparent so you can better see the map under it (Pro feature)
Have a question? Email email@example.com. We’re here to help!
Ratings and Reviews
How to Make It Better
I have used AllTrails for over 2 years now. The software is easy to use. It includes almost all trials for all the places I went. My biggest issues with it are:
1. Lost GPS signal. I experienced this problem many times when I needed it most. In my recent trip to Emigrant Wilderness, it happened two days in a row. On June 30, I was lost near a lake and I desperately need to get back the trail near Maxwells Lake. But I could not find the blue dot that marked my position. The blue dot showed up only when after I travelled about 2 more miles. Then AllTrails simply connected my route using a straight line from the last place it knows to my current position! AllTrails software stopped updated my route the very next day when I was hiking from Cow Meadows to Crabtree TH. The problem started after I hiked 8.6 Miles from Cow Meadows. It simply frozen. Even after I stopped recording and started it again. It lasted over one hour.
2. Sometimes, AllTrails just won’t record. On July 14, I was hiking in Tilden Park. It isn’t a remote place like Emigrant Wilderness. I tried many times to record my route with no success until I got near the Vollmer Peak which is 3 miles away from where I started.
I will appreciate it if you can fix the problems. Otherwise, I will not renew my Pro subscription because it is not reliable. I have to find some things that I can depend on.
Never Ending Trails
I love it! I’ve moved to a new town about a year ago and I’ve only ever known my town hiking spots. So to move somewhere new and not know anywhere to go was frustrating! I love bringing my dogs hiking and even better to find spots they can swim or frolick in the water. BUT once I go somewhere I feel accomplished and ready for the next. So to find so many varieties and close by places to hike is amazing! Whatever town I’m in I just look up what’s around. Whenever I’d Google placed to go there was NOTHING. Or very short and disappointing places. This app is great because it will give you direction right in the app instead of trying to Google Maps it yourself. You can map your rout and GPS where you are to ensure you stay on track and don’t get lost. I’m so much more comfortable going alone when I can see where each path leads and about how long it should take me. People also are great at providing pictures and comments of the trails so it is so easy to find. My biggest annoyance is not being able to find the place to begin with! GPS is all good and dandy but sometimes it will just bring you to the location but the location isn’t clarified. So by people uploading their photos let’s you get a visual of what you’re looking for. Overall, the best app!
Few issues lately. Oct 2018
Removing the check-in was a bad idea. Hiding it in the “...” was worse, didn’t know it was there and my history is now not accurate, and now I have to make up a name for each recording on the fly. Waste of time. Please put check-in back where it belongs, it’s a critical feature, and right map loads with the name of the trail on the saved history.
I also agree with the other user about trail hopping. In New England many trails connect but are listed separately. If you are no longer on the same one you started it appears you are just going rogue on the map. How about auto loading the newly entered trail?
Also being able to edit history would be helpful. There’s been a couple times where I started driving home and forgot to hit pause and save. And why the “pause” button when the trail is complete? It’s a weird way to “finish” or “end hike”.
Big issue with crashing during use lately. Thought I was recording and it had crashed once phone was put away. If I didn’t stop to take a pic early i would have gone pretty far without noticing. Stinks for tracking distance 😐. Overall I do love and use and recommend this app almost daily to find trails and track my history. Can’t live without it but its been acting weird lately.
- AllTrails, Inc.
- 200.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2019 AllTrails, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AllTrails Pro $29.99
- AllTrails Pro Lifetime $99.99
- AllTrails Pro $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.