AllTrails is your guide to the outdoors! Discover the best hiking, running, and biking trails around the world.
Explore 50,000 hand-curated trail maps plus reviews and photos crowdsourced from millions of hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners. Find that dog-friendly or kid-friendly trail that you’ve been searching for. Take that mountain biking or backpacking trip you’ve always dreamed of. Explore a national park, or discover new hiking trails in your area.
Whether you’re a hiker, biker or trail runner, AllTrails will help you find the way.
EXPLORE 50,000+ HIKING TRAILS AND MOUNTAIN BIKE ROUTES
• Discover new trails in national parks or in your own neighborhood, with hand-curated GPS and topo maps.
• Browse photos and reviews from our community of hikers, cyclists and trail runners like you.
• Find a hike, mountain bike ride, or trail run that’s perfect for your fitness and experience level. Filter by dog friendly, kid friendly, and wheelchair friendly trails.
RECORD YOUR ADVENTURES
• Turn your phone into a GPS activity tracker and follow your trail so you don’t get lost.
• View your hiking, running and cycling stats at a glance.
• Share your outdoor adventures with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and more.
SAVE YOUR FAVORITE TRAILS
• Explore all the trails on your bucket list and add new ones to check out.
• Easily save your favorite trails to run, hike or bike.
• Follow the hikers, cyclists and runners that inspire you.
EASILY GET TO THE TRAIL
• Get detailed GPS driving directions directly to the trailhead.
GET MORE WITH ALLTRAILS PRO
• Download offline maps - track your exact GPS location as you navigate the trail, even when you don’t have a signal.
• Always have a backup - design and print stunning custom topo maps.
• Access more map layers to get the lay of the land - quickly toggle between premium map layers including Topo, Terrain, Open Street Maps, and more.
• Always know what to expect with real-time map overlays including air quality and satellite weather.
• Experience AllTrails ad-free - remove the distraction of ads and focus on the journey.
AllTrails Pro is available as an annual subscription for $29.99/year, or you can unlock lifetime Pro access via a one-time payment of $99.99. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
Sign up required to favorite trails, record your activity, or follow users
We love hearing from users! Email us here: email@example.com
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
We heard your suggestions about how to make Lifeline even better and have some improvements in this version:
• Added ability to end Lifelines while offline (the message will queue up and your safety contacts will be notified as soon as you have signal)
• Added ability to create new maps from the "Load Map" screen in Recorder and Lifeline
• Added ability to load custom maps that have no route into Recorder and Lifeline
• Improved safety contact searching
We also added some features:
• Added a toggle in Settings to display Pace vs Speed in Recorder and on recordings
• Added pull-to-refresh to Trail Details screen
• Added a legend to the Download Map Layers screen to explain the button colors
• In any Map view, when both Nearby Trails and Heatmap overlays are on, you will see a preview of the nearby trails’ routes
• The History and Plan tabs maintain their sub-screen when you come back to them
• In Recorder, you can now “unload” a map by tapping the loaded map again in the Load Map screen
• Added ability to copy lat/lng from Recorder Info screen via long press
And fixed some bugs:
• In Recorder, the "heading" user tracking mode works better
• Better smoothing of recordings should make distances more accurate.
• Trail Map view screen can now be opened while offline if the trail map has been downloaded
Love AllTrails? We’d appreciate if you could leave us a nice review!
Have a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help!
Ratings and Reviews
Discover the best trails around the world.
How to Make It Better
I have used AllTrails for over 2 years now. The software is easy to use. It includes almost all trials for all the places I went. My biggest issues with it are:
1. Lost GPS signal. I experienced this problem many times when I needed it most. In my recent trip to Emigrant Wilderness, it happened two days in a row. On June 30, I was lost near a lake and I desperately need to get back the trail near Maxwells Lake. But I could not find the blue dot that marked my position. The blue dot showed up only when after I travelled about 2 more miles. Then AllTrails simply connected my route using a straight line from the last place it knows to my current position! AllTrails software stopped updated my route the very next day when I was hiking from Cow Meadows to Crabtree TH. The problem started after I hiked 8.6 Miles from Cow Meadows. It simply frozen. Even after I stopped recording and started it again. It lasted over one hour.
2. Sometimes, AllTrails just won’t record. On July 14, I was hiking in Tilden Park. It isn’t a remote place like Emigrant Wilderness. I tried many times to record my route with no success until I got near the Vollmer Peak which is 3 miles away from where I started.
I will appreciate it if you can fix the problems. Otherwise, I will not renew my Pro subscription because it is not reliable. I have to find some things that I can depend on.
Never Ending Trails
I love it! I’ve moved to a new town about a year ago and I’ve only ever known my town hiking spots. So to move somewhere new and not know anywhere to go was frustrating! I love bringing my dogs hiking and even better to find spots they can swim or frolick in the water. BUT once I go somewhere I feel accomplished and ready for the next. So to find so many varieties and close by places to hike is amazing! Whatever town I’m in I just look up what’s around. Whenever I’d Google placed to go there was NOTHING. Or very short and disappointing places. This app is great because it will give you direction right in the app instead of trying to Google Maps it yourself. You can map your rout and GPS where you are to ensure you stay on track and don’t get lost. I’m so much more comfortable going alone when I can see where each path leads and about how long it should take me. People also are great at providing pictures and comments of the trails so it is so easy to find. My biggest annoyance is not being able to find the place to begin with! GPS is all good and dandy but sometimes it will just bring you to the location but the location isn’t clarified. So by people uploading their photos let’s you get a visual of what you’re looking for. Overall, the best app!
- AllTrails, Inc.
- 199.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2018 AllTrails, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AllTrails Pro $29.99
- AllTrails Pro Lifetime $99.99
- AllTrails Pro $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.