AllTrails Hiking & Mountain Biking Trails, GPS Tracker, & Offline Topo Maps
By AllTrails, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** #1 Outdoors app on iPhone! ***
*** Featured in the App Store 700+ times ***
*** Downloaded by 3.5 million people ***
AllTrails is your guide to the outdoors!
EXPLORE 50,000+ TRAILS ACROSS NORTH AMERICA
• AllTrails has the largest collection of detailed trail info, curated by 3 million hikers, campers and mountain bikers like you
• Whether at home or on the road, find your perfect hike/bike/run by trail length, rating, and difficulty level
• Filter by dog-friendly, kid-friendly, and wheelchair-friendly trails
SAVE YOUR FAVORITE TRAILS
• Keep track of trails you want to explore, that you’ve completed, or that you simply find fun, beautiful, or inspiring
RECORD YOUR ACTIVITY
• Turn your phone into a GPS tracker and follow your trail so you don’t get lost
• Record your pace, distance, elevation, and max speed
• Upload your activities to your account and share your adventures with friends and family
• With just one click, get detailed driving directions so you can get to the trailhead in no time
FOLLOW FRIENDS FOR INSPIRATION
• Check out where your friends have been and what they have rated highly
GET MORE WITH ALLTRAILS PRO
• Download your maps for offline use - see where you are on the map even when you have no data signal through your phone’s built-in GPS
• Print your maps with customizable options including scale, gridlines, paper size, datum and topographical layers
• Create custom maps in seconds - draw your own custom routes to plan out the path you want to take
• More map layers - like Topo, Open Street Maps (OSM), Open Cycle Map (OCM), and more
AllTrails Pro is available for $29.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• Sign up required to favorite trails, record your activity, or follow users
• Trails currently only available in North America
We love hearing from users! Email us here:
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 6.2.0
• Fixed the syncing process so that reviews and photos are not lost or duplicated
• You can now edit and delete your reviews in the app
• Fixed problems with the trail difficulty and dog-friendly filters when exploring trails
• Fixed issue with photo gallery so that it now displays higher quality photos
• Redesigned the trail detail page to match the website
Distance and tracking are ubreliable
I tried to give this app the benefit of the doubt with all of its app glitches and whatnot, but I give up. Even when I keep up with new updates, it is alarmingly unreliable. My last five hikes have reset mid hike and stopped recording (this happened today too! Surprise!) Distances are always horribly skewed with or without a connection to the internet, then suddenly reset to the "correct" scale at a random time during the hike or after saving a recording. Distances built into alltrails maps for certain trails seem to contradict other maps such as Tom Harrison or USGS, sometimes by a couple or miles. Honestly, I have difficulty planning a course of action because I don't know how far I've gone or how far I still need to go. Water/food/sunlight/time can become pressing concerns with this kind of misinformation. The navigation is useful in that it helps me find the trail again if I accidentally venture off course... provided that the trail itself isn't too difficult make out. When the trail is difficult to see the navigation isn't enough to get you (or sometimes even to keep you) on track.
Cool, but could be better.
I wouldn't pay the 30 dollars again. I would, if it shows or highlights all the trails in full on map before you even go on it using a official guide book and not just other people's trips (who knows if they didn't deviate from the trail and that's if someone else's recording is available). Also, while you're using the app on the trail I would like to know exactly how far I have left, because I like to do long trails and would like to know if I should set up camp or should I keep going; to pay the 30 dollars again. Sure it will take you were you have to start, but if you're want to hike, bike, etc. a really long trail and want to see exactly where it goes you're still going to have to buy that state trail book. Which are usually about $15 a piece and you already pay $30 for this app.
This app is like a guided hike!
We vacationed in an area for the first time and wanted to do some hiking. The app used our location to locate nearby trails. The trail maps were exceptionally helpful along with the star ratings and reviews. The app allowed us to maximize our time by finding the closest trails which we could match with the time we had available. After getting off the trails, we reviewed our hikes and it showed our altitude which was interesting since we live at a much lower elevation and definitely felt the difference. Hoping the app will get updates from our part of the country in the future.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jun 20, 2016
- Version: 6.2.0
- Size: 120 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: AllTrails, Inc.
- ©2016 AllTrails, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- AllTrails Pro$29.99
- AllTrails Pro$14.99
- AllTrails Pro$49.99