AllTrails - Hiking & Running
By AllTrails, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*** #1 Outdoors app on iPhone! ***
*** Featured in the App Store 700+ times ***
*** Downloaded by over 5 million people ***
AllTrails is your guide to the outdoors!
Find the best trails to hike, bike, or run. With 50,000+ hand-curated trail maps as well as trail reviews and photos crowdsourced from a community of millions of hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners, AllTrails helps you spend more time doing what you love.
Find that dog-friendly or kid-friendly trail that you’ve been searching for. Take that mountain biking or backpacking trip you’ve always wanted to do. Explore a national park. Or discover new hiking trails in your area. Whether you’re a hiker, biker, or trail runner, AllTrails will help you find the way.
EXPLORE 50,000+ TRAILS AROUND THE WORLD
• AllTrails has the largest collection of detailed, hand-curated trail maps & topo maps
• Browse ratings, reviews, and photos from a community of millions of hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners like you
• Whether at home, at a national park, or on the road, find your perfect hike, mountain bike ride, or trail run by length, rating, and difficulty level
• Filter by dog friendly, kid friendly, and wheelchair friendly trails
RECORD YOUR ADVENTURES
• Turn your phone into a GPS tracker and follow your trail so you don’t get lost
• Record your route, distance, elevation gain, and moving time
• Share your outdoor adventures with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and more
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
• See your monthly, annual, and lifetime stats for recorded distance, elevation gain, and moving time
• Track your personal bests at a glance
• View stats for people you follow or are inspired by
SAVE YOUR FAVORITE TRAILS
• Easily save your favorite trails that you’ve completed, or that you find fun, beautiful, or inspiring
• Make and share lists of trails you want to explore
GET DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO THE TRAILHEAD
• With just one tap, get detailed driving directions so you can get to the trailhead in no time
FOLLOW FRIENDS FOR INSPIRATION
• Check out where your friends have been and which trails they have rated highly
GET MORE WITH ALLTRAILS PRO
• Download maps for offline use - stay connected with your exact GPS location as you navigate the trail, even when you’re offline!
• Print your own maps for backup - use your computer to print customizable maps with options including scale, paper size, orientation, map layer, and more
• Design and save custom trail maps using your computer - draw your route(s), select color options, add waypoints, then print, share, or download to your phone
• Access more map layers to understand the terrain - quickly toggle between premium map layers including Topo, Terrain, Open Street Maps, and more
• Stay current with real-time map overlays - know what to expect with real-time map overlays including air quality and satellite weather
• Experience AllTrails ad-free - cut out the distractions of ads, and enjoy an ad-free mobile app and website experience
AllTrails Pro is available for $29.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
Sign up required to favorite trails, record your activity, or follow users
We love hearing from users! Email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 8.2.2
Fix for occasionally slow startup times
• Fixes a crash when changing some settings
• Fixes an issue where certain trails would hang and not load
• Fixes black letterbox along the bottom in photo gallery in landscape mode
• iPhone X optimizations and UI fixes
Lots of great quality of life improvements in this release!
• Added 3D touch quick actions from the app icon to 1) start a new recording 2) see trails near you 3) go to your favorites and 4) go to your stats page
• Added a “Most Popular” sort option to the filters for Explore List view
• Trail Details page should now load faster, especially for larger trails
• Trail Details page now shows how many photos, reviews and recordings are available for the trail
• All trail resultcards now show how many reviews the trail has for quick reference
• Resultcard in Explore Map view can now be dismissed by swiping down
• Elevation graph now shows one decimal place on each marker to make shorter maps clearer and elevation line has a more smooth appearance
• Added pull-to-refresh to full list of trail reviews and recordings
• Added a note to tell you when you try to pull-to-refresh and you’re offline
• Recordings and maps now use the devices timezone when auto-generating names
• Downloaded maps unpack faster (Pro)
• When you copy a map/recording, your copy will now include the waypoints from the original
• All buttons now have rounded edges
• Eliminated a few crashes and glitches
• iPhone X improvements
Love AllTrails? We’d really appreciate if you would take a moment to leave us a nice review!
Have a question? Email email@example.com. We’re here to help!
Finger Rock trail(#42) to Mount Kimball
This is an all day ordeal that will require a 3 liter bladder for hydration. The 5 miles up is over 4000’ elevation gain. The distance & gain are similar to Mount Wrightson which is in Madera Canyon, an hour south. This hike allows a walk along Pusch Ridge to Pima Saddle. Hike back down thru Pima Canyon for over 12 miles. A car shuttle is needed to complete this loop. The loop took us 11 hours including lunch and picture taking. Start at sunrise to insure completion by sunset. Make sure to bring headlamps just in case. There are a few spots where you can take a wrong turn. Look for the cairns. At the Pima Saddle metal sign you can go up for great views. The path down heads West & is easy to miss due to a rock slab. The difficulty is similar to hiking Bright Angel trail to Indian Gardens & back the same day.
Needs a lot of work.
I used to love this app, but as time has gone on, I've had more and more weekends ruined by it due to the lack of what should be necessary details.
Some of the navigational and routing issues I understand because a lot of the destinations are places roads can't take you to. That stuff I can figure out.
But there are a lot of things I would consider need-to-know information that aren't listed, such as whether the trails are in a facility that has certain hours (I got to a trail at around 4 specifically to take sunset photos from an overlook only to find that the gates for that trail locked at 4:30 in the afternoon), whether the trail requires a pass/permit/fee that may require one to bring cash or a check, whether there is as kiosk at the trailhead with a map or if you're solely reliant on your phone, etc.
This information seems pretty simple for users to provide but currently, the only way to get this information is to scroll through the reviews of a trail until you find the one that has that info, if it's there.
$30 for a subscription would be a small pittance for an app that did what this promises, but with all these important details that can make or break an afternoon or even a weekend left in the fog, it's a bit of a ripoff.
Look, I've read over a few of these reviews and responses from alltrails. This app is designed to provide users with plenty of info and details regards trails in your area and it does just that. I HIGHLY recommend the PRO version. You can use the app offline and download any map you want. The overlays and additional map points and details are unmatched on any outdoor trail app ANYWHERE. I AM A VERY EXPERIENCED hiker and I know my way around. However, this app makes me SMART as a hiker and it is excellent for planning, tracking, navigation, etc. I love to record hikes and check photos of other hikers too. IMO. this is the best app out there